• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah maybe that was a bad way to put it. Not really shortcuts... modifiers. I.e. press such and such on the D pad to do something. I swear I saw one once to shut down the system from the GW menu, for instance.
I have never seen a list but b +dpad down shuts it off I think. It is listed in the manual. Dpad up when entering GW mode disables to rom update block. There is another one for downgrading, but I can't recal it.

I should have been more clear, how do I know what firmware my Gateway is on. I already know my N3DS is on 9.0.
Your gateway isn't on any firmware. You put whatever version of launcher.dat you want on the sd card, and you can check your version of Emunand the same way as sysnand. With 3.0 there was some update that needed to be applied to the GW but launcher.dat took care of that.

hengeyokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The solution is to earn some money and buy one.

Earning the money is a minor problem. If I had an easy access to the flashcarts I would have bought them already. The only ones I see around is the Galaxy Eagle i and the R4i. One doesn't run on my current system both don't play 3ds games. Buying Gateway or Sky3ds online might be a problem, I havent checked yet but it might be considered illegal here in Saudi when it goes through customs.

JM47

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't do anything until you are sure of the path. The problem is the browser cannot be updated from cart. Also taking Emunand straight from 4.x to 9.x can have problems. You are going to need to spend a lot of time reading up here on all the latest happenings.

Can you suggest a place to start reading? With all the changes it has become a bit overwhelming.
Thanks again.

BernddasTost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys, its very confusing for me.
I bought a brand new new Nintendo 3ds xl today (Ver 9.7.0-25E).
Is it possible for me to initialize the flashcard or is it still only possible with fw 4.5?

Thanks, kind regards

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earning the money is a minor problem. If I had an easy access to the flashcarts I would have bought them already. The only ones I see around is the Galaxy Eagle i and the R4i. One doesn't run on my current system both don't play 3ds games. Buying Gateway or Sky3ds online might be a problem, I havent checked yet but it might be considered illegal here in Saudi when it goes through customs.
Saudi is a long way from the Philippines, might want to change your profile. I have no clue as to the legality but gateway has two Saudi resellers on their website. :)

Can you suggest a place to start reading? With all the changes it has become a bit overwhelming.
Thanks again.
What you have to understand is this is all as much a hobby as a practical solution for many of us. NIt is said that the happiest day in a boat owners life is the day he sells his boat. Plan on spending as much time researching and keeping up on things as you do playing games if you want to get the most out of your card. This very thread is a good place to learn the basics. The tutorials section is good as well. Then just start reading the posts and look for topics you want to learn more about.

Hi guys, its very confusing for me.
I bought a brand new new Nintendo 3ds xl today (Ver 9.7.0-25E).
Is it possible for me to initialize the flashcard or is it still only possible with fw 4.5?

Thanks, kind regards
Gateway works on 9.2 and below now. You best bet is to return the 9.7 console and look for a 9.2 or below.

Will bravely second be on new 3ds or Old 3ds, or both?
No clue. Try asking over in the games sub as those slackers might know more than us propeller heads. :)

BernddasTost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is likely to be blocked in a future firmware, and if that happens you will be stuck never updating your 3ds if you want to continue using it.
I suppose that sky3ds will be up-to-date all time, like Gateway, don't they?

Gateway works on 9.2 and below now. You best bet is to return the 9.7 console and look for a 9.2 or below.

Won't Gateway release an update to work on 9.7.0 too?
If I get a 9.2.0 console, I would still not be able to use the flashcard, because it has to be initialized before, at fw 4.5?!
I can't see in which way being on 9.2.0 is an advantage to me?

In addition to that, I bought my console yesterday in a store, not on the Internet. So it's really difficult to return the console now.

Thanks guys.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I suppose that sky3ds will be up-to-date all time, like Gateway, don't they?

Won't Gateway release an update to work on 9.7.0 too?
If I get a 9.2.0 console, I would still not be able to use the flashcard, because it has to be initialized before, at fw 4.5?!
I can't see in which way being on 9.2.0 is an advantage to me?

In addition to that, I bought my console yesterday in a store, not on the Internet. So it's really difficult to return the console now.

Thanks guys.

gw supports fw 4.x to 9.2, if you get 9.2 you will be ok.

Reactions: BernddasTost

Kamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I got some questions about "which is the better choice" about my 3DS.

I'm from Europe, I've imported my 3ds from USA with Pokemon Y like two years ago. Played a little bit of it, and it gathered dust in my drawer...
But now more of my friends have 3ds and they have european versions and european games.

My 3ds has software version 6.1.0-9U, and I was wondering what would be the best case for me to continue my 3ds adventure.
From what I thought about it, I have these options:

• get a Gateway
  • sell my 3ds and buy a new 3ds from europe
  • import games from the US
  • buy games on the US nintendo eShop

Some questions about these options:
  • how does online play look with gateway?
  • how does local play work when someone has a 3ds from a different region?
  • can I buy games on the US Nintendo eShop when I'm in Europe? What are the payment options? Can I use paypal?
What would you guys recommend to do?
I'm really thinking between getting a gateway and using the US Nintendo eShop, but maybe some of the other options is better?

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably stupid question: can I have the NDS files for the blue card and the red card files on the same micro SD, using one for both the GW cards and switching between them whenever I need them, without breaking anything?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably stupid question: can I have the NDS files for the blue card and the red card files on the same micro SD, using one for both the GW cards and switching between them whenever I need them, without breaking anything?
I dont see why not, the redcard only has 3ds roms on it so, there shouldn't be any conflict.

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Literally 300 lbs. lolol