• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after further reading, it looks like I can't downgrade and move to emunand unless I have a DS mode flashcart, is this correct?

Is there any other method of accessing the eshop with a homebrew 3DS?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm going to be getting what I assume is a 5.0 3dsLL soon. I want to get a gateway and use it, but that'll probably come after the system purchase.
I want to use some Spiderhax based stuff so I assume I'll need to update to 9.2 Sysnand. Since I'm in U region... some related Qs;
Would I need the Japanese gateway.dg or does the region of that just determine the language it's in?
I don't have a game that'll update me to 9.2, would it be possible to update to 9.2 with it downgraded? Like install palantine or something that lets me install devmenu, then download/install 9.2 via cia from 3DNUS or something similar? I know I can't really update sysnand with gateway active.
And once I do get my GW, since I probably won't have CN or Zelda OoT J, Can I just activate gateway mode on 9.2 via the web exploit?
And the site for that exploit is go.gateway-3ds.com, correct?

If you are using a regular, 3DS LL, you do not need cubic ninja or Oot. It is run via the web exploit anyways. I am pretty sure there is no way to update sysNAND to 9.2, but I could be wrong.
You need the dg pack of the same region as the console otherwise, you will brick your 3DS. Don't come crying that your 3DS is broken because you installed the wrong dg pack.
To install CFW, you need a flash cart.
To install the DS Profile exploit, you need a flash cart.
Gateway comes with a DS flash cart which you can use for both of these things.
There is nothing you can do without Cubic Ninja, or a flash cart, until GW arrives.
So after further reading, it looks like I can't downgrade and move to emunand unless I have a DS mode flashcart, is this correct?

Is there any other method of accessing the eshop with a homebrew 3DS?
Do you have cubic ninja? You could use one of the cfw's available. There is one with 9.6 support already. Can't recall the name atm. Otherwise, there is no way to go to eShop, with or without a flash cart. We are all waiting for gw to support 9.6 for this to be fixed.

regular leaked cfw has no emuNAND support, so you will have to look towards the one that I can't remember(I think rxTools?) or wait for a Gateway solution.

Reactions: BerserkLeon

Exagod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

Noob question : How to update a game without updating the emunand ?

I'm on 4.5 Sysnand and 9.5.0-22E Gateway

I want to play Super Smash Bros online and need the latest update

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Noob question : How to update a game without updating the emunand ?

I'm on 4.5 Sysnand and 9.5.0-22E Gateway

I want to play Super Smash Bros online and need the latest update
The easiest way is to download the cia update from the "other" site and install it with dev menu/bigbluemenu

Reactions: Exagod

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using a regular, 3DS LL, you do not need cubic ninja or Oot. It is run via the web exploit anyways. I am pretty sure there is no way to update sysNAND to 9.2, but I could be wrong.
You need the dg pack of the same region as the console otherwise, you will brick your 3DS. Don't come crying that your 3DS is broken because you installed the wrong dg pack.
To install CFW, you need a flash cart.
To install the DS Profile exploit, you need a flash cart.
Gateway comes with a DS flash cart which you can use for both of these things.
There is nothing you can do without Cubic Ninja, or a flash cart, until GW arrives.
So installing devmenu, bbm or BRM won't be enough on cfw to install 9.2 update cias?
I've got a DSTWO lying around somewhere...

coreycubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS XL running 9.4 and an unopened N3DS XL, which I'm assuming is also running 9.4. I was lazy / late to the party with system transfer and did not take full advantage of the exploit while it was the most current firmware, but now I'd like to do a system transfer and move my NNID and everything over to the N3DS XL. I realize that I'll lose access to spider on my old 3DS XL because both systems will have to be updated to the latest version, and I'm assuming that there's no way to preserve the exploit on my old 3DS. (I know that spider has never worked on the N3DS.)

I'm not in any hurry to do the swap. I don't have a flashcart or PowerSaves and have no current plans to get either. I have a good bit of digital content from the eShop, and this is a DSi -> Ambassador 3DS -> 3DS XL system, so I'm keen to keep my content and not create a new account.

So, what should I do before I update? My current plan is to create boxes full of Pokemon and upload them to Bank (I've confirmed that I still have access). I forgot to download Shuffle, so no freeplay there, but I've read about a Mario Kart and Animal Crossing tool that I may use on my retail carts. Wondering if there was anything else I should do with spider while I still have access to it.

tl;dr what spider exploits are worth using before I update?

Aww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, if I have a NAND Backup for 9.2 and I use it for emunand, is it possible to region change the 9.2 emunand from US to EUR? I tried injecting the Secureinfo_A but it just black screens.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, if I have a NAND Backup for 9.2 and I use it for emunand, is it possible to region change the 9.2 emunand from US to EUR? I tried injecting the Secureinfo_A but it just black screens.
Not really a noob question. I would post in the region changing thread. Sorry I have no clue.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ItsVoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone, just signed up here on GBATemp to ask a few questions!
Sooo, 2 days ago I was able to find my 3ds and was googling if there were any hacks for it without a flashcard, and there were, CFW.
Was lucky to have firmware 9.2.0 so I downgraded it, followed some steps, did the things and works fine.

Now my questions are....

Am I able to upgrade the firmware to like 7.1, 9.0 etc? I want themes and other features.
Am I able to backup my whole CFW installation so I can easily restore when I want to get back to CFW if I ever remove CFW?
Is it possible to run the applications that are for CFW, without going to system settings, profile etc?

If this is illegal etc, then I'm sorry.​

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Now my questions are....

Am I able to upgrade the firmware to like 7.1, 9.0 etc? I want themes and other features.
Am I able to backup my whole CFW installation so I can easily restore when I want to get back to CFW if I ever remove CFW?
Is it possible to run the applications that are for CFW, without going to system settings, profile etc?

If this is illegal etc, then I'm sorry.
Ok, so to start, cfw essentially is just a buggy and unsupported version of gateway. To be able to play games that require 7.1 or higher, you must be either using gateway, sky, or legit games.

Cfw is stuck on 4.5. You simply cannot go higher and still use cfw. The only way would be to either pay the price of gateway, or stay on 4.5, or write your own cfw, which is often too much trouble, even if you have the skills to do it.

No, you cannot Skip doing the DS Profile Exploit. You must do it successfully in order to play your cfw installed games. There are a few games that do work on sysNAND, but it's like, only 4 or 5 of them, and they may or may not work with a console on 4.5.

I don't know enough about cfw to know if it is possible to back it up. I'm sure if you created an image of the SD card(all partitions and such, also were not talking about cameras :P ) you would be able to restore whenever.

But ye,either pay the price of gw, or use the cfw. IMHO, cfw is not worth the trouble, and gw is totally worth the price tag.

Reactions: polki

kDEDEDE

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey!

Sorry if it's too obvious, but I'd like to know where can I get decrypted 3DS firmware dumps, if any of them are available on the internet.

Also, how is 3DS debugging done? This is mandatory for exploit dev, but I couldn't find any info.

Thx!

MyEstro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello , since this thread seems to be perfect for "noob" questions, here is mine : I bought a N3DSXL which came with firmware 9.2 , i also bought a Sky3DS to be able to play some games. I also bought a copy of Zelda:OOT. Now i saw a thread in this forum were a person mentioned it is possible to use the Gateway exploit via Sky3DS Card and OOT (https://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-use-oot-exploit-on-sky3ds-non-working-carts.383581/). Now , what i did not understand is : do i need a Gateway cartridge after i installed the exploit with the Sky3DS to use the Gateway menu ? I would only need it to get a private Header for online gaming. Additional question : do i need a game which is capable of playing online to dump a private header out of it or is any given game possible to use ? ( For example the OOT ) and : if it would be possible to use the Gateway exploit without the cartridge , what else is possible to do with the exploit ?

Sorry for my english , not my native language. I hope you could understand my question.
Greetings!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.