• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
About Gateway emuNAND:

1. Does launching it (via Classic Mode) require me to insert the GW Red cart?
2. Does Classic Mode emuNAND do anything different, such as patching signature checks?

1) Yes
2) .Cia do not work in classic. Classic is really just for playing original carts and eshop access.

Reactions: Suiginou

seang96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Yes
2) .Cia do not work in classic. Classic is really just for playing original carts and eshop access.

Your 2nd answer might answer my question sort of. I have read that I gotta download the preinstalled game by eshop, classic mode would allow that?

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I've got my 3DS XL (the original one) and Zelda OOT3D (the first game I bought with the 3DS...).
Didn't update since the 9.2 update.

I've got some questions. I didn't want to downgrade because I don't want to loose some saves (like Pokemon OR/X ones, because I can't backup it to play it using the Gateway).
Can I use the Zelda exploit to launch gateway?
Are there any kind of restrictions if I use the Zelda exploit? For example, can I use Emunand with Zelda exploit? Can I use homebrews, install CIA and everything else?

Any help would be appreciate :-)

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 9.2 (old) 3DS and a new N3DS that's coming in the mail. I'm going legit with the N3DS but I want CFW + EmuNAND without Gateway on my 9.2 3DS. I have a NAND backup of the 9.2 3DS.
What I want to do is downgrade my SysNAND on my 9.2 3DS to 4.5, create a 9.4 EmuNAND, and run System Transfer from my old 3DS to the N3DS, such that my eShop purchases and games become linked with my N3DS and my old 3DS is on 9.4 EmuNAND. Making the saves work on the N3DS would be nice but isn't really necessary.

If this is possible, how would I go about doing it?

schumi_girl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky3DS Question. I'm stuck on the very first step using Diskwriter. I have my USB adapter with a MicroSD card inserted, then Diskwriter gives me this error:

---------------------------

ERROR: Could not open the physical drive! physicalHandle CreateFile("\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2") - Get last error returned 0x00000005
OK

Edit: Running as admin fixed this.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BigBlueMenu.3ds always crashes my N3DS and leaves me with one of these "Please power off your device"-messages.

I found this thread:
http://www.logic-sunrise.com/forums/topic/66628-lancer-big-blue-menu-impossible/

but I don't speak French at all.

3dserrorfail.jpg

This is what the message should look like in English.

Seville

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I bought a N3DS XL today with system version 9.0.0.20U. I wanted to try out some demos but that requires me to update the system version to whatever the latest is. I wanted to know if there was a way I could download and play demos on the current version I'm on. I was reading about this emuNAND stuff, but I'm confused. Do you need a gateway for this emuNAND? If not, how do I get emuNAND running, and will it allow me to download and play games on the newest system version, while keeping the N3DS on 9.0.0.20U?

Also, I have Pokemon AS physical version, I want to play it. Would there be a problem If I play it (ex. system update or anything) before I get emuNAND?

Thanks in advance.

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand 9.5 works perfectly fine on Gateway.

I have done the opposite, sysnand to emunand and everything went fine. The only issue I ran into is that the update disconnected when I got to 5/5 eShop transfer but by turning off wifi and canceling the transfer (after debating for several minutes thanks to the scary message) I got to the homescreen and my NNID and eShop games were all intact.

I know this is pretty late callback here, but can you say anything on what you did with the SD cards? Guides to system transfer that I've read say that you finish by taking the SD card out of the old one and putting it into the new one. How do you do that going from sysNAND to emuNAND, where in order to put the old SD card into the new system you'd need to remove the new system's card (which has the emuNAND on it)?

Also, can you really transfer DSiWare and all game saves this way? I'm surprised that it would just work like that going from sysNAND to emuNAND.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a possible way to get cia games from the Gateway red card into the sd card inside a 3ds? I'm asking this because, in a N3DS, you have to unscrew the back plate everytime you want to get the sd card out. I know there is the Micro SD card management that allows you to put files from your computer into your 3ds's sd card via wifi but, I've read that it takes a long time to put files in it. Even if it's just 1gb.

DejahThoris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of quick Sky3DS questions.

Can anyone point me toward info on how the templates work? Specifically in regards to adding to them? I tried flashing an UNDUB rom only to find it didn't know what game it was and spat back out that I need to edit the template.

Also if CIA games can be turned into .3DS (I see a bunch of tools that work the opposite way).

Atross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, I have some issues with my N3DS XL.
I'm im emunand 9.5E, everything work perfectly except the thing i've lost all of my friend list...

So, my problem is : I tried to launch the BigBlueBox for install my cia and I have this message "An error has occured [...]", and the same when I tried to download my games from eshop in standby, and need to restore my emunand...
Anyone know what the problem is ? Or an other cia manager who I can use ?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with the 3DS update. I have sysnand on 9.2 and emunand through Gateway (GW3D 9.4).

Today I left wifi on by mistake and am now being prompted to install latest firmware. When this last happened, I was told I should boot into emunand and then to a system format without the SD card in, as said here,

http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-0-ultra.378041/page-117#post-5274590

http://gbatemp.net/threads/question-reformatting-and-sysnand.378406/

I did that originally and had no problem. But today, when I try this, my system freezes before it begins the system format.

I had backed up my nand originally when I first installed the gateway exploit. I do not know where this factors into this process now. Any ideas?

fnordtroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I have a Sky3DS with a 64GB Evo XC1 Samsung and a 32GB transcend micro SD. I wrote the files via Diskwriter V1.06 in a Parallels VM Windows XP (and for troubleshooting with native Windows 7 PC) to the SD card. I use template0312.txt.
Inserted in my new 3ds XL with SW 9.5.0-22E & 23E there is no icon shown. If I push the blue button, nothing happens. The card is not lighting. I bought the Sky3DS from official distributor.
Any idea? Thanks!

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Quick question. My New 3DS is comming from abroad. Bought it on Amazon. Anyone knows if the firmware that is on it is 9.2 or lower? Or they are sold alredy oin higher firmwares?

I just got one from Amazon last week and it was 8.1. Be wary that it may be in worse condition than 'new', as mine came without a cover of any kind inside the box, and was thus scuffed up from the cardboard surfaces. Most of it was thankfully on the faceplates which are easily swapped out, but it's still scuffed on other spots and this is a bother to someone who expects a new system. Whether you decide to demand a replacement and hope to get another gateway-compatible model is up to you. Personally, I'm planning to try a motherboard swap with another, better-condition system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: