Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Is using a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire 1.2 Update .cia on SysNAND equally unsafe as using a .cia for, let's say, BigBlueMenu on SysNAND, or is Update Data perfectly safe (as long as it's a verified working dump) on SysNAND? All guides that I've seen involving .cia files talk about games, not Update Data. Can someone elaborate?

Anyone?

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say installing any .cia in sysNAND is risky because it's technically not legit anymore. As long as you have a backup of sysnand you can always hardmod to restore.

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you install cia in your 3ds using gateway, can you play the cia game without the red gateway card inside the 3ds ?
Because the CIA is not in the micro SD for the red Gateway but in the SD (micro for n3ds) installed. So that should be possible right ?

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
If you install cia in your 3ds using gateway, can you play the cia game without the red gateway card inside the 3ds ?
Because the CIA is not in the micro SD for the red Gateway but in the SD (micro for n3ds) installed. So that should be possible right ?
Yup. Actually once you install the BigBlueMenu .CIA or DevMenu .CIA you only really need Gateway to boot up in emuNAND, that's it.

Reactions: mc-kiler

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need to be on emunand to play CIA ?
No you can install it on sysnand but that's risky. And I think you won't even need the red card (except to install devmenu to sysnand) for that because you boot right into sysnand. But if something goes wrong, you will need a hardmod to restore nand.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello, I need help regarding a peculiar issue on GW.

Basics:
Using Sysnand 4.5, Emunand 9.4, US model 3DS XL.

Below is done on emunand:

What happened is I previously installed Save data transfer tool .cia from Big Blue Box,
and since it is of a different region, I could not get it to work in classic mode.

So, I uninstalled it from SD management in settings.

So, I went to eshop to install the US version (because apparently it is for free, and I did not know),
and for some odd reason, it always prompts an error message at 99%.

I could get my other patches and updates to download, and this tool just doesn't want to complete it's download,
and I think it may be related to the fact that I installed and uninstalled a UK version.

So, help I need is to get my US version installed, without losing my present progress..
Any takers? ><

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, me and my friend want to buy a gateway for our future new 3ds xls, but we'd like to know a few things.
From what we've got from the comparison thread, the gateway seems the best options, apart from the price,
but what do you guys think? It is really the best, or there's something better? Is it easy to use like the acekard?
Also, I know that it cannot be used now with the latest firmware, but I bet the team is gonna update the card, right?

Aand, one last thing... I'm going to transfer my data when I'll get the new 3ds (I don't wanna lose all my eshop games), IIRC, I have to update both console to do it, right? Because if not, I'll be able to use the card right away
(I hope)...

Thanks in advance.

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now is there any way for me to use emuNAND with my 6.20-12U 3DS or if there is a way to update it to 9.2 as internet will update it to 9.4 which I do not want. and Thanks for all the help so far, everyone.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
So I just got a New 3ds xl today and still have my old one, can anyone give me the recommended method of backing up my old saves and stuff from the 8 3ds games i currently have...

When gateway supports N3DS i dont want to lose all my saves :(

Nintendo said they'd release some info but because the system isn't out in US and Uk yet that may take a while

zumbertinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The CIAs I installed on emunand using devmenu are appearing when I'm on sysnand. Is that supposed to happen? (and can I run those games that I installed using CIAs on sysnand?)

Also, I already had four swords on my sysnand (I got it when they were giving it away on the eshop), and it appears on my emunand too, but it doesn't run. Is there a way to run it on emunand?

edit: I saw that I have to unlink them, but should I uninstall those CIAs before formatting emunand again?

karl10247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dudes,

My 3dsxl is on firmware version 7.2.0-17E and i havent used it for a long time. Consequently i can no longer go online with pokemon Y as i get the following error:

Error Code:002-0120

In order to use online services a newer version of this software is required.

I've just purchased a GW card and intend to use it through the browser exploit when it comes however for my retail games i would like to go online again.

How do i safely update to 9.2 without going over to the current 9.4?

Cheers!!!!

qwertoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help, one of my games on gateway did not save properly, and now it says there is no save. I was using gateway 3.0 in emunand, the rom saved properly before but then it froze and now no saves show when I load the game. It is a card 1 type btw. Is there a way to fix this, or is my save lost forever? Thanks

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I be able to extract the bodycache.bin from a theme in .CIA format, without the use of a Japanese 3DS? I want to sort of "port" some of the Japanese themes, and make them compatible with my US 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw