• Views 4,465,307
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to restore a 9.2 sysnand over a downgraded 4.2 sysnand using Gateways methods? I understand writing to nand is "never safe" but I have already done it over the same 9.2 sysnand with success so was wondering if in theory it should work the same or the nand needs to match the same as the restore. Thanks in advance.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess your SD card (the big one inside your 3DS) isn't the fastest. I experienced the same before I switched to my class 10 card.
But it saves to the ROM, right?
Anyway, I just switched to Gateway Ultra because I saw they said something about MicroSD speeds, and now the save time is 5.5 -- halfed!

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so ive got Professor layton game, and that has 365 downloadable puzzles. normally you can just download then with internet access but how would this work on Gateway
do you need a online capable 3ds file, be on the latest emunand firmware, have access to eShop ?
dont want to do anything wrong here (still need to update emunand but somehow fear i'm too stupid and update sysnand by mistake even though im in emunand)

Elusivity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems a little strange. A 7.2 3DS shouldn't need an update (but I can be wrong). Maybe you should buy Smash Bros. as it contains the 8.1 update.

Anyone know of any other games besides Super Smash Bros. which has a firmware update on cart higher than 7.2? I'll never play this game and it's quite popular so still quite costly to purchase for just the software update.

Edit: Wikipedia provides, looks like Tetris Ultimate should have a higher firmware version than 7.2, probably 9.0-9.2

Edit 2: If anyone gets stuck as I have http://3ds.essh.co/ is useful for confirming firmware update versions, should have gone here first...

froggerfrosch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello Need Help!

I buy me today a SDHC Wi-Fi Card, I want to start the Gateway Exploit from there.I can connect to my Wifi Card with the 3ds there i give on the wifi card the payloads( gateway30_payloads)and start with the browser this URL:Payload_17567_fw71to94_index.html, the Gateway screen pops up but then there is an error the xploit don´t start(I have 8.1.0-19E on my ds)I do the Exploit with normal internet:http://go.gateway-3ds.com,no problems, I do it with Android(Hotspot)Go! Gateway and Gateway3DS Loader no Problems, Quastion:What thing from the gateway30_payloads start this Programms or the http://go.gateway-3ds.com,
Website(the index.html or what does they do)Is that not correct when i only start directly this only one: payload_17567_fw71to94_index.html? By Android there i must enter this URL:192.168.1.15:8080, where to go this Url?
The Way with a SDHC Wi-Fi card i think must function or not? What must i start to run it correctly?

Thanks for Answer and i am German Language so I hope the words ar for understand.

MetaFlygon08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to extract my RomFs bin on Pokemon Y (using this guide here: http://www.pokemontrash.com/jeux-pokemon/decrypter-compiler-rom-3ds.php) I'm at the step where I would insert this line into CMD (ctrtool.exe -t romfs --romfsdir =. / ExtractedRomFs DecryptedRomFS.bin) But when I hit enter the next step does not happen, instead I get a list of all ctrtool's code funtions, no folders or anything with my extracted data. Someone have any clue? (I downloaded the xorpad files from a certain 3ds iso based site, so maybe because I did not create the xorpads on my system?)

Any additional help would be appreciated!

Elusivity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know of any other games besides Super Smash Bros. which has a firmware update on cart higher than 7.2? I'll never play this game and it's quite popular so still quite costly to purchase for just the software update.

Edit: Wikipedia provides, looks like Tetris Ultimate should have a higher firmware version than 7.2, probably 9.0-9.2

Edit 2: If anyone gets stuck as I have http://3ds.essh.co/ is useful for confirming firmware update versions, should have gone here first...

I updated to 8.1.0-0E via a game cart and I'm still getting the same issue I had initially:

Got a 2nd hand 3ds today and it's running 7.2.0-0E, it was wiped prior to my buying it.

Trying to get the go.gateway-3ds.com hack working to downgrade but it keeps coming up with "The internet browser will become available once you update your system via the internet. For details, visit support.nintendo.com."

Weary of upgrading as it'd obviously push me to 9.4 and therfore kill any chances of this gateway hack working.

There's no QR reader in the photo app (that I can see) and Miimaker's QR reader comes up with "The QR code does not contain a Mii."

From what I can see the Gateway card currently being shipped to me is useless without being able to run this hack...

Is there any way of getting the browser to work without FW updating? Maybe via a game cart? The only lists for games with FW updates I've been able to find on gbatemp show for US games (it's an AUS / EU model) and only FW versions below 5.0.

Has anyone been able to force a 3DS to open the browser after a format? The updated Camera App also still doesn't seem to have a QR section and the updated Mii Maker app still comes up with "The QR code does not contain a Mii."

I guess I'm screwed... :(

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I have a Gateway, the online-enabled version of Bravely Default is 4gigs and won't fit on my microSD because it's FAT32, how can I get it to fit on?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tjessx said:
Can i boot into emunand without the gateway card?​
if not, can i take out my gateway card when i'm in emunand?​
No and Yes. Of course if you take the card out you can't play roms.

No and Yes. Of course if you take the card out you can't play roms.

But i can play cia games that i installed, right?

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Up until now I had thought the on difference between a JP and NA N3DS would be the system menu language, but someone on another forum starting saying that there are quite a few differences if you plan to play NA backups. Since i only own NA games I only be playing NA games, just on a JP 3DS via GW. They mentioned issues downloading updates for games not from your systems region, eshop, playing online, etc. Are there more differences than just the system language if you are using a JP 3DS with GW and plan to use it to play NA games? If there are issues are there solutions to them or will some things just be inaccessible?

Drake008

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I Backup the Original NAND on 9.20 from my sons 3DS via Gateway and use a Sky3DS for him to play?
When he then updates the thing (via a game for example) beyond the firmware which is supported can I downgrade it still via soldering?

CarefulCrysis

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so I have a Gateway, the online-enabled version of Bravely Default is 4gigs and won't fit on my microSD because it's FAT32, how can I get it to fit on?
A file splitter comes with the gateway release you'll find it in the folder called GW_rom_splitter_tools you can use it to split files that are too big to fit on fat32 or format the sd card to exFAT.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I have two questions:

If I have two 3ds, but only one gateway cart, is it possible to install all my games on the second 3ds as cia via DevMenu and play them via Classic Mode of gateway without need for using the gateway cart again? The thing is, in my family we have two 3DS but don't want to buy a second gateway.

Second question: If this works, the games are installed on the SD card. Does a regular 3DS support 128 GB SD cards? I read somewhere that it at least recognizes a 128 GB card, but I haven't found any information whether the full 128 GB are usable or only 32 GB (I remember that for example the SuperCard DS2 recognizes microsds bigger than 32 GB aswell, but only 32GB are usable).

Thank you for your help!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1) I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Newer versions of the 3DS firmware will black screen if you try to access Classic Mode without the cart inserted. I guess you could try it using the MT Launcher, but I suspect it would not work.
EDIT - I just tried this, no good.

2) It certainly does support and recognise 128GB SD cards.

Reactions: pedrobarca

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol