• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Regarding Gateway 3DS and my 8.1 device:

I purchased some stuff using the eShop before. Is there any way to use this content on the emuNAND?

Creating emuNAND from my 8.1-sysNAND, than update it to 9.4 and I can use eShop normally?

NutellaSwirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I'm converting into cia, and I have to drag launcher.dat, slot25 key, ect... what do I do with the launcher.dat already in my sd card?

imreedeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I just read that gateway 3DS is region free, do i need to do something to run .3ds files from other regions? or do they work like any other room? (just copying the .3ds file to the root of the microSD)

(I'm not trying to spam this question everywhere, but now i noticed it should be on this thread and not in the FAQ thread)

Already answered in the other thread :)

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some questions

Currently I have tons and tons of games already digitally downloaded on my 3DS because of when Nintendo gave out all those free games. If I get the Gateway 3DS, will I still be able to have all of those games?

Also, can I still use retail version of gamecarts? Say I wanna buy Majora's Mask when it comes out instead of just downloading it, will it work still? Or another example is how I use my retail version of Super Smash Bros on the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U, will that still work as well?

What is the max size SD card compatible with the 3DS and the max size MicroSD card compatible with the Gateway?

Jurassic5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see, that's relieving to hear, and I hope Gateway Team can resolve the issue eventually.

Now I have another question. Is it possible to dump a digital downloaded game with Gateway? If not, is it possible to take a digital download's save file and inject the header into a scene rom dump to play it entirely through Gateway?

SaveDataFiler may work for you

MrKoeikoei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Will all PAL cia files work on my 3DS, or are there any special (system) requirements? Will a downloaded cia file work on my 3DS, or do I have to make them myself?

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still have some things to clear up about 3.0, hope you don't mind me asking some basic questions...

1) Is it possible to get GW 3.0 working without wifi/internet (by using the blue card for example)? I usually take my 3DS while traveling, meaning I do not always have access to the internet.
2) Is there any 3.0 tutorial already, or in the making?

Thanks;)

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, that's relieving to hear, and I hope Gateway Team can resolve the issue eventually.

Now I have another question. Is it possible to dump a digital downloaded game with Gateway? If not, is it possible to take a digital download's save file and inject the header into a scene rom dump to play it entirely through Gateway?

Hi, I have a few questions as well. Quoting this post because one of mine is similar to the above poster's.

I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around sysnand and emunand, so forgive my ignorance.

1. Are emunand (this is "gateway mode", right? I already formatted the emunand and updated it to 9.4) and the original sysnand using the same location on the sd card to load files/etc? Why is it, when I copy my backed up files from my old sd card, onto the new sd card, they don't show up on the main menu? When I switch my new formatted sd card with my old original one, my games are still there. (sysnand)
2. Should I be able to dump save files for my newer (well, "older" now ;)) games? I dumped my Fantasy Life cartridge yesterday. Is the save embedded in the 3ds file, or do I have to dump it separately? When I tried the "dump save" option I got an error. My goal is to dump all my cartridges and get the saves out of them, so I can play everything on my gateway. Pretty much all of these were played on 6.0+.
3. On a completely different note - I'm having issues loading up the browser exploit. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It actually almost always doesn't work the first time for me. (It exits back out to the system and gives that generic "An error has occurred" error. Other times, it just freezes up my 3ds.) When it doesn't, I find that removing my gateway card, waiting a second (blowing seems to help <_<) and putting it back in, it will work. Sometimes I have to reboot my 3ds as well. Do I have a slightly defective gateway card or is this just beta stability issues? Wonder if I would be able to get a replacement. :/ (purchased from modchipsdirect)
4. And of course, I'm looking for a way to get the saves out of my digital games, or a way to dump/transfer them to my emunand.

Sorry if I screwed any terms up, like I said, new to this and don't fully understand everything. Thanks for your time!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i found format system from the gateway menu , that will format my system without updating ?
i am on 9.2 .. i think 9.4 inside my system but i am not sure

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions
XP
Country
Canada
'Lo! I have a Gateway card anyway, but out of curiosity, what can be done with the new exploit if you don't have a Gateway red card? Both currently and theoretically-in-the-future? Region-free cartridge reading?

Edit: Extra question, can you use someone else's XORPAD to decrypt your own dump, or are they unique to the the individual roms?

Edit 2: One more question, is it fine to swap out cartridges while in the Gateway menu, or is it better to just turn off my 3DS first?

trappedinlimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having an issue getting the update to install in the first place.
every time i access the website on my 3ds, it shows the "GATEWAY 3DS LOADING..." text, and then i get the "failed to load part of the page" error and it kicks me back to the home screen. i've tried the official site, a locally hosted copy, and garyopa's mirror, and none of them have worked for me.
i read someone's post saying that that's what happens to them when they access the site without their gateway card in, and another post saying that it could be a bad sd card. i've tried it with 3 different microsds now, and still no luck.
at this point, is it safe to chalk it up to a bad red card (and how is realhotstuff with returns)?

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions
XP
Country
Canada
i'm having an issue getting the update to install in the first place.
every time i access the website on my 3ds, it shows the "GATEWAY 3DS LOADING..." text, and then i get the "failed to load part of the page" error and it kicks me back to the home screen. i've tried the official site, a locally hosted copy, and garyopa's mirror, and none of them have worked for me.
i read someone's post saying that that's what happens to them when they access the site without their gateway card in, and another post saying that it could be a bad sd card. i've tried it with 3 different microsds now, and still no luck.
at this point, is it safe to chalk it up to a bad red card (and how is realhotstuff with returns)?

You don't actually need the red card at all to run the browser exploit. From what I've read, you can probably fix it by first turning your Wi-Fi off, going on the browser, and manually entering the URL for the exploit site ((go.gateway-3ds.com) the browser might tell you "Please turn on your wireless switch", just close this message if it pops up.). Now add the exploit site as a bookmark, then go into the browsers settings (the wrench icon), scroll down and then tap "delete cookies" and confirm, and then "delete history" and confirm. Then exit the browser settings menu, open up the bookmarks list, and tap the Gateway bookmark (It'll probably be blank since you bookmarked it while the Wi-Fi was off), and presto!, it should work. Give it a few tries first, and if it still doesn't work, try deleting your browsers save data, navigating to the exploit site with your Wi-Fi off, and then turning it on and refreshing the page.

P.S., Make sure you have Gateway's 3.0 launcher.dat on your 3DS's internal SD card, not your Gateway's micro SD. Cheers!:grog:

sanderdsz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I play my retail Games after the gateway upgrade my 3DS?
And I have an SD with my eshop GAMES and saves, do they will work after that too?

Telmoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, i've installed gateway 3.0 ultra on my 9.2 3ds xl, i'm completely a noob in these things, do I have to always launch the exploit to have the game menu by pressing select, because when i don't launch the exploi twith the browser and I press select nothing happens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw