• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

xanes97

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just ordered a sky3ds, never used these cards or others before,
so how useful is it to play games? will anything bad happen to my 2ds?
can i just give it away to my friends after using it few times?
i just hate buying eshop games and finding out i dont some like them

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the available information in these forums. Is there anyone who can just give me a simple rundown or "TL;DR" version as to what exactly one can and can't do with a Ninjahax modded console?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the available information in these forums. Is there anyone who can just give me a simple rundown or "TL;DR" version as to what exactly one can and can't do with a Ninjahax modded console?

Basically, the Ninjahax is something that is an exploit that lets you do everything that a 3DS game has access to. The exploit doesn't have system access. Therefore, it can use some custom code like simple scripted games--but can't modify the system. No CFWs, no regionfree.

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, the Ninjahax is something that is an exploit that lets you do everything that a 3DS game has access to. The exploit doesn't have system access. Therefore, it can use some custom code like simple scripted games--but can't modify the system. No CFWs, no regionfree.

So Emulators such as BlargSNES would be out of the question?

Berabouman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! I accidentally changed some Profile Settings in my 3DS, so I find myself having to reinstall the blue card exploit. Thanks to all the replies in various other threads, I only need one thing cleared up before I reinstall it - do I have to make sure the files on my SD card and the files on the microSD card (the one that I will put into the blue Gateway cart) are the same?

Currently my SD card has all my saves (which I would like to keep) and my launcher.dat there is 2.2. Since 2.2 doesn't exist on the Gateway site anymore, I have downloaded 2.6 for my microSD. Should I make sure both are the same versions? I've had someone on another thread tell me I don't even need to touch the SD card at all (as in, it doesn't matter if it's 2.2 or 2.6) but I'd like to be extra-careful.

juzza

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright now this is going to sound stupid but the thread is called 3DS n00b paradise!

• Is there only one Gateway cartridge in existence and everything I see about Omega and what not just for the one cartridge?
  • Is Gateway Omega a different product?
  • My 3DS is running 9.2.0, is it currently possible to play backups with any solution at the moment?

I told you I'm a n00b :P Thanks guys.

ssxcool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi all, thanks for reading. buying a 3ds soon and want to hack it, i have read the forum but there are many things that is unclear to me.

1. what do i need to know for hacking?
2. what is gateway/sky3ds actually?
3. do i need to buy sd card?
4. will i be able to play online with hack rom?
5. can i install unlimited number of rom? ( finished playing it , delete and add another game)
6. can the 2ds be hack?
7. besides playing 3ds games, can it play 2ds and gba games too?

thanks

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Alright now this is going to sound stupid but the thread is called 3DS n00b paradise!

• Is there only one Gateway cartridge in existence and everything I see about Omega and what not just for the one cartridge?
  • Is Gateway Omega a different product?
  • My 3DS is running 9.2.0, is it currently possible to play backups with any solution at the moment?
I told you I'm a n00b :PThanks guys.
Omega is the name used for the newer revisions of the Gateway firmware. There is only one Gateway product.

At the moment, the only solution for running backups on 9.2.0 is the Sky3DS. However, this has a 10 game hard limit and these games cannot be changed. Gateway are working on an update that will work on 9.2.0. This is likely to be similar to the Sky3DS approach (i.e. no kernel access so no homebrew, region free etc.) but without the 10 game hard limit, so wait for that.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Omega is the name used for the newer revisions of the Gateway firmware. There is only one Gateway product.

At the moment, the only solution for running backups on 9.2.0 is the Sky3DS. However, this has a 10 game hard limit and these games cannot be changed. Gateway are working on an update that will work on 9.2.0. This is likely to be similar to the Sky3DS approach (i.e. no kernel access so no homebrew, region free etc.) but without the 10 game hard limit, so wait for that.
Actually, Gateway has shown that pretty much all functions on 4.5 will be available on 9.2 (Multi-rom, region free, homebrew, and cia)
Check the video on the front page.

Reactions: sj33

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all! I accidentally changed some Profile Settings in my 3DS, so I find myself having to reinstall the blue card exploit. Thanks to all the replies in various other threads, I only need one thing cleared up before I reinstall it - do I have to make sure the files on my SD card and the files on the microSD card (the one that I will put into the blue Gateway cart) are the same?

Currently my SD card has all my saves (which I would like to keep) and my launcher.dat there is 2.2. Since 2.2 doesn't exist on the Gateway site anymore, I have downloaded 2.6 for my microSD. Should I make sure both are the same versions? I've had someone on another thread tell me I don't even need to touch the SD card at all (as in, it doesn't matter if it's 2.2 or 2.6) but I'd like to be extra-careful.
Gateway 2.6 (the new Launcher.dat) should go on the big SD card, NOT the MicroSD card. If you still have the "Blue card files" on your MicroSD card from before, you don't need to put them on there again. (Else, you need to put them on there again.) You can simply insert the MicroSD card into the blue card and reinstall the exploit.
If you have put the new Launcher.dat onto the big SD card, it will then boot Gateway 2.6 whenever you launch the exploit.

It's true you don't need to upgrade to Gateway 2.6, since 2.2 will still work just fine. However, there is no reason NOT to upgrade, so I recommend doing so.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Since homebrew is now supported via GW, I would like to know can we expect some emulators such as ScummVM to run on it ( in order to play some older Lucas Arts games) ?

Thx

brargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Could someone help me getting a 3d model of a trophy from ssb3ds?
I tried to open the files from my decrypted rom with Every File Explorer, but it won't open them for some reason.
My Folder looks like this.
Is something wrong with the folder?

icebeam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

The exact restrictions of region locking with a gateway card are confusing to me. I want to get a japanese NEW 3ds and use it with the gateway card when the 9.0 update comes out so I can use the C-Stick for Super Smash (i already own the US version). If I were to do this (assuming the new gateway update maintains same functionality as currently exists), is there a way to play the US version of the game online against US players on my japanese console?

My understanding from reading various threads here is that I can't access the US eshop and update the US rom, but could I download an update and apply it? Or is there another way to do play against US players?

Thanks in advance! :D

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

The exact restrictions of region locking with a gateway card are confusing to me. I want to get a japanese NEW 3ds and use it with the gateway card when the 9.0 update comes out so I can use the C-Stick for Super Smash (i already own the US version). If I were to do this (assuming the new gateway update maintains same functionality as currently exists), is there a way to play the US version of the game online against US players on my japanese console?

My understanding from reading various threads here is that I can't access the US eshop and update the US rom, but could I download an update and apply it? Or is there another way to do play against US players?

Thanks in advance! :D
Yeah, I believe you can just download the updates as .cia and install them and be good. Then you can play online against any Smash game from any region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude