• Views 4,505,505
  • Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

young24601

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I have a 3ds XL on 9.2. I'm also an ambassador member which I transferred over from an aqua release 3ds which I no longer own. IF I can track down a 4.5 (or lower) 3ds xl, can I move all my ambassador stuff to the older FW 3DS and then use a gateway? In other words, would I need to update the FW of the 4.5 3DS XL in order to "read" or "transfer" from my 9.2 XL? If the FW is lower, am I correctly informed that I can just use my copy of shin megami tensei 4 (hardest game ever) to update it to 4.5?

Since it has been established that there is no new gateway hardware (I believe I read that here), it is perfectly safe for me to buy one right now, right? I can either use it on my 3dsxl on 9.2 or on the 4.5 that I track down.??

Finally, could I do this same process IF I pick up a Japanese new 3ds/3ds xl? I'm thinking I don't want to bother picking up a 4.5 3ds if I am just going to pick up a new 3ds in a few months..

Thanks!

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Using savedatafiler, how do I go about injecting a save back into a game? I can figure out how to extract, but I can't find any reasonable documentation that states how to inject back in.

I have this same question. I won't be able to buy a copy of OR/AS for my 3DS' region until next week, but I can play the game on my Gateway card in its proper region right now.

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using savedatafiler, how do I go about injecting a save back into a game? I can figure out how to extract, but I can't find any reasonable documentation that states how to inject back in.
Go into savedatafiler and in the SD tab, there should be a folder with a bunch of numbers depending on the date and time you dumped the game. Just press "a" and it should import into your game. I believe this only works for card2 games.

Charles Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have a 3DS 9.2.0-20U and a ACE3DS card. you will probably laugh at this but like i put all my games on there and they were working good and i saw online that there is a pong 3d but you have to use ROP Loader to play it. long story short i ran the ROP Loader and now when i load up my ACE3DS card it says "An error has occured" and also when i go into the system settings then the DS profile the 3DS freezes? i can still play my 3DS games on my SD card but is there a way to fix my ACE3DS card? i think i flashed the card i formattted the microSD and put the wood firmware on there with no games or anything and BAMB. still the error. any ideas or am i screwed out of a flashcart? :/

icebeam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Supposing the new gateway 3ds 9.0-9.2 method no longer works once nintendo updates its firmware, and Nintendo does indeed update its firmware to 10.0. If this happens, would there be a way to update a system to 9.0-9.2 from lets say a console at 8.0 firmware? Are there any game cards that do this?

Speeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got buried on the last page, so re-posting:

Are there any decent tutorials on how to move save files around? Specifically I have two scenarios:

- Backup save from physical cart, to play with .3ds ROM
- Backup save from eshop game, to play with .3ds ROM

Basically I want to backup my eshop/cart collection onto the gateway, because I'm terrified of losing my purchases/progress.

Bonus question: Is it safe to access the eshop from emunand?

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that Gateway Blue card can be used on a DS or DSi, not 3/ THREE / DS/ 3DS

With that being said, all we have to do is insert the blue card in the DS System? Is there a certain DS fw required or file that needs to be on the Blue card other than the normal 3DS files?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I read that Gateway Blue card can be used on a DS or DSi, not 3/ THREE / DS/ 3DS

With that being said, all we have to do is insert the blue card in the DS System? Is there a certain DS fw required or file that needs to be on the Blue card other than the normal 3DS files?
The Gateway Blue card is a regular DS flashcard that was blocked by Nintendo in a more recent firmware. It works fine on 4.5 consoles but not the latest 9.2. There are millions of other DS cards that do work on the latest 9.2 though if you want to play DS games.

The blue card is unlikely to be required for the upcoming Gateway 9.2 support.

Aeodan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my friend is having a problem with her Gateway. Every time she hits select to bring up the multirom menu but then the 3ds freezes right there. She is also constantly getting an Update Gateway time she launches gateway mode but installing update does nothing. We tried running 2.6, 2.5, and 2.1 with no luck. She was 2.1 then upgraded to 2.6 and was playing games just fine. We tried formatting the SDs and formatting the system memory. Same crap.

-edit- Found out what the problem is. Her R button is stuck but we can't figure out how to fix it. Tried blowing hard on it, wiggling it, toothbrush scrubbing it, etc.

Pablo007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Guys I have some few questions:

- Now Gateway will support all Nintendo 3DS / 2DS / 3DSXL / New3DS Devices I want to buy a 2DS with Pokemon preinstalled.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91gfW5HSedL._SL1500_.jpg

But where is the original game stored and if it is stored on sd, what happens if sd card gets for example:
- formatted
- lost and I get a new one
- devided into two partitions because of an probably existing emunand (gateway)

Thanks.

pao13071

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Sadly i have to give my cartidge pokemon y away but i learned that i can back up the rom and the rom has my save file on it
but when i back it up with gateway when i try to run it with gateway it tells me that the save data is corrupt!!!
what can i do to save my safe file and my pokemon???

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could anyone explain the benefits of installing the CFW over just running devmenu in emunand and installing games there? I just did this with Fire Emblem, and it seemed to work fine, what am I missing by not having CFW?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could anyone explain the benefits of installing the CFW over just running devmenu in emunand and installing games there? I just did this with Fire Emblem, and it seemed to work fine, what am I missing by not having CFW?
Absolutely nothing. BBB devmenu literally does everything better.

I found a 3DS XL Pikachu edition model with serial number: SEF109642835. Should be <= 4.5.0 right?
I know the Japanese one is 4.5 for sure. Although why'd you buy a 4.5 now when Gateway's about to release 9.2 compatibility.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
is Emunand a complete copy of nand?

I just connected some wires to Nand and took a backup of it, would it be possible to write the emunand file to it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1