• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Multi layer question here.

I have a legit cartridge version of Fire Emblem: Awakening with a sav I want to transfer to a .cia file on my gateway emunand. Is there a way to rip the sav from this and move it to the cia file?

If NO, is there a way to use .cia DLC with legit cartridges in gateway mode? I tried booting in classic gateway mode but it says there is no DLC when I do that with the cartridge.

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I starting to feel that I am getting old. :-)

I been struggling for 2 days to get a Gateway card to work in my 3DS and it refuses to load the DS Profile exploit..

The DS is a Ver 4.1.0-0E when i bought it, it had Version 3.x on it.. Bought Lego Lords of the ring to upgrade it to 4.1.

I have got the Bluecard to work and install the exploit,, I have also used a R4 SDHC to load the exploit onto the DS. Just to double check that it starts.

I have put the the "launcher.dat" on the SD card that you put into the 3DS. Downloaded GW_OMEGA_2.6.ZIP.
I have tried 2 different SD cards both SD and SDHC cards.

When i go to System Settings=>Profile and Click on Nintendo DS profile then the screen gets grey and i see the Date time and battery in the top right corner, rest of the screen is just grey.
I have read that trigging the exploit can sometimes be tricky but i have tried 30-50 times to get it triggered but it never happens.. Only way to get it out is to keep the reset button pressed.

I been googling and looking here on the forum but I cant find any solution...

As I understand this has nothing to do with the Red card since it should not need to be involved.,. I have resteted the 3ds several times..

Do anyone has any clue whats going on with the 3DS or have any tips?

Best Regards
Lunitic

did you hold the left shoulder button when going into ds profiles? it boots into the gateway menu. from there back up your sysnand first, then create an emunand partition. if these steps haven't been done there's nothing to autoboot into [it autoboots when you go straight into ds profiles without holding left button].

hope that helps. if you've already done those steps than your gateway card may be loose? or bad? are the middle pins on gateway longer or shorter than the rest? [should be longer]...

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello. Multi layer question here.

I have a legit cartridge version of Fire Emblem: Awakening with a sav I want to transfer to a .cia file on my gateway emunand. Is there a way to rip the sav from this and move it to the cia file?

If NO, is there a way to use .cia DLC with legit cartridges in gateway mode? I tried booting in classic gateway mode but it says there is no DLC when I do that with the cartridge.

Currently, I don't think either of those 2 options are possible yet.

You can get the save off the cartridge, but you can't import it to be used with a cia yet.
Also, from what I remember, cias don't work in classic mode.

What you should be able to do to get cia DLC working with your save file is back up your cartridge and your save with the gateway launcher, then use the red card to launch the game in gateway mode. Your save will be compatible with your own ripped rom, and cias will work since you're in gateway mode.

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, I don't think either of those 2 options are possible yet.

You can get the save off the cartridge, but you can't import it to be used with a cia yet.
Also, from what I remember, cias don't work in classic mode.

What you should be able to do to get cia DLC working with your save file is back up your cartridge and your save with the gateway launcher, then use the red card to launch the game in gateway mode. Your save will be compatible with your own ripped rom, and cias will work since you're in gateway mode.

Yeah cia files don't work in classic mode at all. I didn't even think of dumping my own rom and using that though. Thank you! :lol:

Lunitic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you hold the left shoulder button when going into ds profiles? it boots into the gateway menu. from there back up your sysnand first, then create an emunand partition. if these steps haven't been done there's nothing to autoboot into [it autoboots when you go straight into ds profiles without holding left button].

hope that helps. if you've already done those steps than your gateway card may be loose? or bad? are the middle pins on gateway longer or shorter than the rest? [should be longer]...

Tested both with and without keeping it pressed.

//L

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My emunand is starting to become very slow. Loads up the home screen in literally 5 minutes!

I have a question, how do I format it back without losing my friend code and everything?
(I got the FC through emunand initially not through my sysnand as it would update to get me a friend code)#

EDIT: ANSWER IN THE FIRST POST! lol my bad. never mind

GatorBait1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I bought a flashcart from someone local about 3 years ago, it has worked flawlessly up until the other day, I never took updates from Nintendo during that time, I decided to update my 3DS to the latest (Ver. 9.2.0-20U) update to see if that would fix anything, it did not. I assume I need to update the firmware on my flashcart, this is where I'm lost. Below are a few pics of the card I have, it's plain white with no markings on it except for SDHC near the terminals. I'll assume this might be an R4 SDHC??

When I put it in my 3DS and turn it on I see "SpongeBob's Atlantis Squarepantis THQ" like normal but when I click on it I get "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off....."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there anyone that can help me with this?

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I haven't read through the recent posts but can I just confirm do the new pokemon ruby and sapphire games work ok on the newest gateway firmware 2.6?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
2 questions

1. How much free space is needed in the sd card for smash to run?It runs right now , I have about 18k blocks ( which is a bit more of 2gb?) but I just saw I can install dlc and etc with cias and I fear if I install too much stuff smash will stop working :/

2.With gateway to use the devmenu I just need to put it on the microsd , run it like any game , then install cias that I put beforehand on the sd card right?

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I grab my friends copy of smash bro's and rip his save from it, will I be able to use it with my rom of smash online? Will I need to do anything to make this work?

vagueheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys! I just wanna check whether it the current Omega 2.6 is supporting the latest firmware (Im assuming currently its 9.2.0.20?)
I've been out of touch with my 3DS for awhile now due to study reasons, kind of confused which firmware is emu supporting now before I update my gateway.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought GW 3DS but can't make it work...

I have done everything right.

Updating the console gives an error, tried downloading a game to test "Mutant Mudds", it shows up in GW game launcher, but after launching it it just get stuck on the opening and stays with the 3DS logo running 4 ever...

The game file is "bbb-n-jmde.3ds" and I just copied it to the root of the Micro SD.

I'm using original 2GB SD from Toshiba provided with the console and I'm using a Class 10 samsung 32 GB Micro SD on the GW.

ps: the console is on Version: "4.3.0-10E"
Keep Cool

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought GW 3DS but can't make it work...

I have done everything right.

Updating the console gives an error, tried downloading a game to test "Mutant Mudds", it shows up in GW game launcher, but after launching it it just get stuck on the opening and stays with the 3DS logo running 4 ever...

The game file is "bbb-n-jmde.3ds" and I just copied it to the root of the Micro SD.

I'm using original 2GB SD from Toshiba provided with the console and I'm using a Class 10 samsung 32 GB Micro SD on the GW.

ps: the console is on Version: "4.3.0-10E"
Keep Cool

so the gateway firmware you're on is 4.3 emunand? [and you're trying to go to 9.2 emunand?] it's a big jump so try downgrading the launcher one or two, [i had problems going from 8.x to 9.x and skipping a launcher version so I downgraded my launcher and tried finishing installing the downloaded update--as it downloaded but i got an error when it tried to install at the end like you]

then i changed my launcher back to the latest when everything installed.

as for why your game doesn't work, it could be a corrupted download possibly or an sd card problem, back it up, 'n check your sd card with h2testw.exe and try formatting it with SDformatter [vs using windows formatter] maybe, just to be sure?

g9672001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I forgot that running a DS game on my already exploited 3DS will break the exploit. Now i'm trying to run the gateway blue card on my 3ds game again and I keep getting a "sd/tf card error" or something like that. Was wondering is this because the DS flashcart can't read SDHC microsd?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I forgot that running a DS game on my already exploited 3DS will break the exploit. Now i'm trying to run the gateway blue card on my 3ds game again and I keep getting a "sd/tf card error" or something like that. Was wondering is this because the DS flashcart can't read SDHC microsd?
I hope you're not tying to make the blue cart read an exfat-formatted micro sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь