• Views 4,472,814
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

Piks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no. It is possible on a lot of games, but the method for repackaging roms is unknown to common users.

Smash Brothers is an example of a game that uses a new encryption method, making it impossible for people here to do anything with it.

So some people have been able to modify the Smash 3ds ROM and play it, but it's not available to people outside those circles?

I have some textures I made that I'm looking for help on inserting. For now it's some basic stuff, stuff like Outset Toon Link, but I'd love to do more in the future.

2014-11-11_1826.png

Would it be possible to lead me to someone who would know how to insert it?

Reactions: Adr990

PollyP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys got a question regarding updating my 3ds.

I want to buy SMT4 but i'm wondering whether my ds card will work or not if i update.

I have a r4 gold pro 2013(the one in this picture to be exact
home2013.jpg

My 3ds is on version 6.3.0-12E.

Now i have an update for my card sitting there for about 6 months(the one that says 7.0 for all etc)but i haven't updated despite the website saying it would work on 2013 model cuz i know some of these card makers wants you to upgrade and some cards give 'kernel not high enough' or something like that when upgrading.
And their website claims once you update to 7+ you won't need another update for 2013 cards as they claim '2013 and 2014 R4I-GOLD PRO Cards support 3DS V9.0.0-20 directly'.

So guys should i update my card then my 3ds after on?Am i safe or do i have to buy a new card if i want to buy SMT4?

Thanks,take care.

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Question: You know how if you access Miiverse offline, you can write posts and save them for later? And if you have a game that has a Miiverse community open, you can attach screenshots to these saved posts? Well, where are the screenshots stored, in the NAND or in the SD? And would it be possible to extract them to a PC? This way it would be possible to take screens via Miiverse without having to post them online.

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question regarding Sky3DS; Did they intentionally put a limit for games to make more sales or because of hardware limitation/they haven't figured it out yet?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It seems to be intentional. They've used a hardware solution that provides a limited number of save banks, hence the limit. However, the fact that Gateway will be releasing an update presumably based on Sky3DS would suggest that Sky3DS chose this method on purpose.

In other words, don't buy a Sky3DS, wait and see what other manufacturers do.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant seem to update the emunand on my EU 3DS.

It keeps getting an error when downloading the latest update "Unable to update " and then restarts the system.

Im on the latest GW 2.6 launcher. I have tried formatting the SD card again and tried a different SD Card.

No luck.

tatlis

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi, is possible without a blue card or a dstwocard we can boot cfw. because i when copy the launcher in my root sd card and entered ds profile not happenin to him.tnx.

gattx

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hello people, after seeing the news for 9.x support on gateway I've been contemplating buying one soon. only thing holding me back is the brick code rumours, however all the info I can find on this comes from months ago (january~)
do bricking problems related to file modifications or sd corruption (whatever triggered the brick code) still show up around here?

vonfnas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stupid question, I know, but still, will it be possible to convert NDS (not 3DS) games to .cia and install them on a 3DS some time in the future?

brunno159

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon Y runs fine here.
I've tryed Gateway Test, says it's ok and I've Formatted the microsd and the sd. No success.. Still crashes a lot...Maybe native firmware version is causing this? 4.4 Here...Emunand on latest...

ps: Even tryed reapplying the exploit, no success either..

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've tryed Gateway Test, says it's ok and I've Formatted the microsd and the sd. No success.. Still crashes a lot...Maybe native firmware version is causing this? 4.4 Here...Emunand on latest...

ps: Even tryed reapplying the exploit, no success either..
Try converting it into a CIA and installing it on your big SD card.
If that works fine then it's some issue with the red cart (maybe bad contact?).

licalica13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question, if you already have legit digital games already downloaded from eshop before buying Gateway. Then when you put the launcher.dat into the sd card and boot the Gateway will those games already downloaded still work?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So does it mean you don't have to format the SD card which launcher.bat goes in? Just copy the launcher.bat into the SD card with the games already downloaded?
If you want to use emunand you have to format it, but you can just copy your 'Nintendo 3DS' folder to your PC before formatting it, then copy it back to the SD after emunand is created.

Of course I'm talking about the original Gateway, the one that requires a 4.5 3DS.
This 9.2-compatible version might not have emunand support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: