• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
question: in order to get wifi, i just have to change the.3ds in .3dz and the .sav in.zav. but, are my saves lost if i do that?

and the saves from the system nand are the same as the emunand saves?

btw i own a mt card vs 1.4 and 1.2

Kanarico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
question: in order to get wifi, i just have to change the.3ds in .3dz and the .sav in.zav. but, are my saves lost if i do that?

and the saves from the system nand are the same as the emunand saves?

btw i own a mt card vs 1.4 and 1.2
If they are your own ROM dumps then you just need to change the extension to 3dz but if it's a scene dump, you have to modify the header to match a legit card's ID. See the thread about playing ROMs online. It's for Gateway so I'm not sure if it's exactly the same. By changing the header for the ROM, you will not be able to use your existing save games.They will still be on the SD card, they just can't be used.

I believe the saves are different so if you play a game using the sysNAND you can't use the save on emuNAND. Could be wrong about that one.

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If they are your own ROM dumps then you just need to change the extension to 3dz but if it's a scene dump, you have to modify the header to match a legit card's ID. See the thread about playing ROMs online. It's for Gateway so I'm not sure if it's exactly the same. By changing the header for the ROM, you will not be able to use your existing save games.They will still be on the SD card, they just can't be used.

I believe the saves are different so if you play a game using the sysNAND you can't use the save on emuNAND. Could be wrong about that one.

tried it and it seems that the sys and the emu saves are the same for the mt-card

Lemmie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to buy a new Gateway compatible 3DS, but alas, I need to get rid of my current 3DS somehow, but Nintendo has not made this easy for me. So after several days of searching and finding no answers, I have a few questions. Some are pretty stupid with answers I can probably find, but I figure I might as well dump them here just in case. ><
  • Is it possible to wipe your NNID stuff WITHOUT wiping eshop purchases?
  • If you disconnect your NNID/Club Nintendo/etc account from the 3DS, is it possible to connect them to another 3DS at a later time? (Without system transfer) Will your eshop stuff still be there?
  • Does a factory reset remove NNID/games/etc and give you no way to redownload your purchases back or can you redownload them?
  • If I buy a 4.1-4.5 system firmware 3DS, will it be able to play my retail Pokemon X game without becoming Gateway-incompatible?
  • Is there any way to perform a system transfer while keeping the new system at a 4.1-4.5 firmware?
Thanks in advance.

supernewbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I have a very-recently updated 3DS and I'm looking for a flash cart that can support playing 3ds games on it. I notice a bunch of the popular cards have the whole 4.1-4.5 firmware caveat... are there any that DON'T have this issue?

(As a super newbie, I got confused and bought a 3ds clone cart that only ran .nds games on my 3ds, so... yeah, doing my homework this time around. :( )

I could also use a rec if anybody has a good experience from a real US seller (instead of a Chinese seller claiming to be a US seller and taking 5 weeks to deliver their shitty cart. :( )

Thanks in advance!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey guys, so I have a very-recently updated 3DS and I'm looking for a flash cart that can support playing 3ds games on it. I notice a bunch of the popular cards have the whole 4.1-4.5 firmware caveat... are there any that DON'T have this issue?

(As a super newbie, I got confused and bought a 3ds clone cart that only ran .nds games on my 3ds, so... yeah, doing my homework this time around. :( )

I could also use a rec if anybody has a good experience from a real US seller (instead of a Chinese seller claiming to be a US seller and taking 5 weeks to deliver their shitty cart. :( )

Thanks in advance!

cards for 3ds roms only work on 4.x

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to buy a new Gateway compatible 3DS, but alas, I need to get rid of my current 3DS somehow, but Nintendo has not made this easy for me. So after several days of searching and finding no answers, I have a few questions. Some are pretty stupid with answers I can probably find, but I figure I might as well dump them here just in case. ><
  • Is it possible to wipe your NNID stuff WITHOUT wiping eshop purchases?
  • If you disconnect your NNID/Club Nintendo/etc account from the 3DS, is it possible to connect them to another 3DS at a later time? (Without system transfer) Will your eshop stuff still be there?
  • Does a factory reset remove NNID/games/etc and give you no way to redownload your purchases back or can you redownload them?
  • If I buy a 4.1-4.5 system firmware 3DS, will it be able to play my retail Pokemon X game without becoming Gateway-incompatible?
  • Is there any way to perform a system transfer while keeping the new system at a 4.1-4.5 firmware?
Thanks in advance.

I'll help you with your questions!

1. Nope, if you wipe your 3DS, all the purchases and NNID go with it. Im having trouble selling my 3DS too, just because I want to keep my system data. I ended up selling old N64 games instead and made about $220.

2. I've heard that you can contact Nintendo about transfering your sysem data to another 3DS, if you just provide your NNID and club nintendo account info. They will then transfer your NNID and pretty much the soul of your old 3DS to your new one.

3. This is a tough one. I know that the games USED to be tied to the system itself, and are now tied with NNID. This NNID implementation is new to me.

4. Actually I'm a newcomer myself :P But I believe you can safely play your retail copies in Gateway classic mode. I heard that this game requires 6.x firmware, and I believe that classic mode has the same firmware as emunand. You can get the latest firmware update in emunand. You're pretty much safe when it comes to making your 3DS Gateway incompatible. As long as you just go straight to settings when you turn on your 3DS, and go straight to Gateway mode. Being sure to NEVER update from anywhere, BUT settings.

5. From what I know, the system transfer will carry on the firmware as well. So your new 3DS will have to be a 3DS of it's own. This also prevents me from selling my own 3DS. I'm just gonna keep both.

Glad I can help!

NoMyth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I am finally going to make the leap from my DS. I eventually want to put all my games on a flashcart to save space and keep my kids from losing games. I've read several sources that "suspect" that firmware 6.x should be able to run a flashcart such as gateway. I wont be buying a flashcart until I have several games (maybe a year from now), so I'm trying to decide if I should pick up a 4.5 from ebay, buy a new one running 6.5, or go ahead and buy one running the latest firmware. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the tool to rearrange the order of games in the gateway select menu? Thanks
nevermind, found it on maxconsole

zrlan7710

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just wet my blue gateway card. I left it in the freaking bag when our helper washed it. The mSD card was fine, I wonder about the card though, it has a lot of water inside. I'm letting it dry as we speak.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wet my blue gateway card. I left it in the freaking bag when our helper washed it. The mSD card was fine, I wonder about the card though, it has a lot of water inside. I'm letting it dry as we speak.

Sorry to hear :c
hopefully it still works for you. If not, just use other 3DS compatible DS flashcards to run the .nds exploit.

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll help you with your questions!

4. Actually I'm a newcomer myself :P But I believe you can safely play your retail copies in Gateway classic mode. I heard that this game requires 6.x firmware, and I believe that classic mode has the same firmware as emunand. You can get the latest firmware update in emunand. You're pretty much safe when it comes to making your 3DS Gateway incompatible. As long as you just go straight to settings when you turn on your 3DS, and go straight to Gateway mode. Being sure to NEVER update from anywhere, BUT settings.

Glad I can help!

correct me if I'm wrong but the latest system update from nintendo breaks emunand, meaning if you want to play a retail game in classic mode that has a firmware higher than whichever firmware breaks emunand, you'll have to wait for Gateway to release an update which allows you to update emunand to the latest version.
Not totally sure if I've got that right but I suppose if your emunand is updated to whichever version is on pokemon x/y (before 7.x which breaks emunand) then you should be fine to play offline

Reactions: MattKimura

Kanarico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
correct me if I'm wrong but the latest system update from nintendo breaks emunand, meaning if you want to play a retail game in classic mode that has a firmware higher than whichever firmware breaks emunand, you'll have to wait for Gateway to release an update which allows you to update emunand to the latest version.
Not totally sure if I've got that right but I suppose if your emunand is updated to whichever version is on pokemon x/y (before 7.x which breaks emunand) then you should be fine to play offline
You're correct that the new firmware version (8.0) totally breaks emunand so DON'T UPDATE YOUR EMUNAND. Using classic mode you don't have to update the emunand at all. Games requiring a higher firmware version still work fine, except for the newer games running on 7.2 like Tomodachi Life or the Pokemon Academy game. I played ALBW on a emunand version of 4.4 but I think the game itself requires 6.x.

Reactions: MattKimura

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do I need to buy to edit & create Pokemon on BW1/BW2? I want to put them to XY. I only have a 3DS XL.

in order to carry them over to XY via pokebank you need to have a legit BW/B2W2 game. otherwise, you have to trade the pokes to someone else who will put them in pokebank for you and trade them back to you in XY. to do this, you have to give him/her the .pkm files containing said pokes. to create the .pkm files use pokegen or pokesav. you can play the games either on ds or on an emulator. if you want to play it on 3ds, you have to buy a flashcard that is compatible with your 3ds' firmware version. you can even buy the real game AND use a flashcard, since there's a homebrew with which you can transfer saves from/to real cartridges. the problem is that I don't know if it works on 3ds, too.

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be getting my 1st 3DS on Monday :lol:. I've done the research, just want to confirm the following steps.

1. Get 3DS w/ 4.1-4.5 NAND and flash card.
2. Create/solder USB NAND adapter.
3. Backup 4.x version NAND.
4. Upgrade to 8.0 on system NAND.
5. Download game updates/patches to games from official E-Shop.
6. Downgrade back to 4.x via USB NAND with updates sitting on the SD card.
7. Patch games for online and play online.

Step 4 is the one that makes me the most nervous, so I want to make sure that the steps will work before doing that.

One other question, do you need the game card to download updates from E-Shop?

google

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Put a cup of (unboiled) rice in a small plastic bag along with the card, tie/close the bag and let it dry for about a week.
I've dried quite a few of my brothers Iphones that way...

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys, can someone tell me if saves from a legit, physical game continue to work when dumping a game and making it .3dz? if it's just a matter of header inside the sav and the rom they should work, right?

also: does bravely default give save corruption problems when switching from gateway 2.0b1 to gateway omega?

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, can someone tell me if saves from a legit, physical game continue to work when dumping a game and making it .3dz? if it's just a matter of header inside the sav and the rom they should work, right?

also: does bravely default give save corruption problems when switching from gateway 2.0b1 to gateway omega?

Any saves you back up from a real game card will not work. Gateway cannot handle the save encryption properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol