• Views 4,501,695
  • Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks for asking, but I troubleshooted it in every way. I disabled my firewall, and anti virus. I have a decent connection of 7 MBPS. So there's no way it wouldn't work. I previously had comodo firewall installed, but I uninstalled it. So it shouldn't be a problem for me anymore. I hope it didnt change my firewall in any way. But it's definitely an error on my end. This would work for someone else. I added an exception to the firewall for the program too. Still couldn't connect.

I use a wifi adapter, to enable wireless on my desktop. Dunno if that's why it doesn't allow my Powersaves to connect.

I have a noob question myself: Can you rip Tomodachi Life and play it on Gateway, or does it suffer the same problem as playing it from the retail cart?
Tomodachi life won't work unless gateway get 7.x encryption working, as for power saves issues, if the game uses 6.x encryption for example Pokemon, if the game is being played in gateway classic mode you will be unable to use it with power saves due to alternate save encryption being used.......older games like animal crossing should work though

Reactions: MattKimura

TheManWho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all,

Despite being a noob, I managed to run the Gateway exploit on my 3DS a while ago and everything was fine.

Recently, by mistake, the 3DS was allowed to completely ran out of battery and the Gateway exploit has disappeared from the 'L1 & DS Profile'

Is it safe to assume that it's back to square one is terms of hacking it again? Just redo the whole procedure from the beginning?

With thanks

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
No problem :D I will check it out, so I can have a better idea for the whole 3DS hacking thing, so I won't do anything stupid when the time comes :P Thank you :)

Just watched the video. Yup, almost every question I had, has been asnwered :D My questions concern the updated version. So: 1. Do I still need to press Home and X to save? 2. Do I just drag and drop ROMs now, or do I need to write them to the SD? (and how can I write multiple roms, if that's the case) 3.Do I need to be in Gateway mode to play DS ROMs?
Thanks in advance :D

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I am buying a 3DS XL in a mont or so, and I want to be fully prepared. So I'd like to ask what is NAND, EmuNAND etc. cause I am confused. Thanks!

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_hacking_faq

This Faq helped me understand how things work. You should always refer to this faq when you need to know how anything works!

I have another noob question. I heard that you have to hold L to boot into Gateway mode. But when I don't hold it, it still works. So do we still have to hold the button down? The faq mentions something about it, but not sure if it's outdated.

Reactions: Mylink5

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
From what I understood from the video, you press the L button to go to the gateway menu with band,gateway mode etc. but by not pressing the L button is something like a shortcut to Gateway mode.
Also, thanks for the link ;)

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone is interested this video refers to the setup for the 2.2 omega firmware, it's not as outdated as some of the other tutorials:

Also has anyone tried playing online with their dumped games? I'm tempted to try it out with mario kart but I don't want to have my system banned or something, is it safe?

ISITTAKEN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got done playing Code Of Princess quite awhile ago, so I want to transfer it to my, let's call it... "the new SD Card that I want to use to keep the games that are just wasting space on my old SD Card Card". Anyway, I'm navigating through the SD Card, and I think I'm almost where I need to be, but there are four folders of which I'm unsure as to what they hold. I'm pretty sure I've deduced that they aren't in the backup or dbs folders, but the folders extdata and title both seem to hold a ton of folders with a crazy amount of digits, so I haven't been able to discover what they hold. But is there a way I can tell which ones are which games? As I also want to transfer Conception 2, which is on my new SD Card to my more used old SD Card that has all the games I play regularly. So, can anyone help me out here? ^^;

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions about Gateway usage.

I noticed that when things get too polygonal in-game, there's a slight slowdown in FPS. Is this normal, or is this something to do with my micro SD card? I'm using a class 10 SDXC 64 GB Micro SD.

My other question is: Is it possible to organize the order of games when selecting them?

Thexi

Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a NDS 3D XL and i see my software is 4.4, perfect. The problem is that i also bought Pokemon Y and would like to play it but i've heard that my version gets updated if i start it? As i dont have a flash cart right now I dont know what to do. Can i somehow not update my NDS whilst still playing pokemon?

Kanarico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought a NDS 3D XL and i see my software is 4.4, perfect. The problem is that i also bought Pokemon Y and would like to play it but i've heard that my version gets updated if i start it? As i dont have a flash cart right now I dont know what to do. Can i somehow not update my NDS whilst still playing pokemon?
Best thing to do would be to just wait and get a flash cart. I bought a gateway as soon as I found out my 3DS had the right firmware. It sucked having to wait a week and a half to be able to play ALBW though.

Two questions about Gateway usage.

I noticed that when things get too polygonal in-game, there's a slight slowdown in FPS. Is this normal, or is this something to do with my micro SD card? I'm using a class 10 SDXC 64 GB Micro SD.

My other question is: Is it possible to organize the order of games when selecting them?
Might just be the game. A class 10 card should be more than enough to play ROMS. I'm not sure about organizing the games. I haven't tried that yet.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

if you have a NDS card that works on the 3ds you can used gateway classic mode to play it while you wait, but just so you know there is currently no way to play online for pokemon as emunand is completely broken for the new8.0 update, so offline only

Thexi

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to update my ds and then remove the update somehow? With a system reset or smth, dont care about save files.

Kanarico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to update my ds and then remove the update somehow? With a system reset or smth, dont care about save files.
You would need to have a DS flash cart (or a hardware mod) to backup your existing system NAND first then update the 3DS. Later to revert back to the original version you would need to use the hardware method to flash the old NAND back to your system. Not exactly for the faint of heart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1