• Replies 53,808
  • Likes 43

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Followed the following instructions without any issues

I updated the emunand and my orginal firmware is still 4.2 but I cannot tell if my GW3DS firmware is GW3D 7.X.X? I can never seem to get back to the menu where is says that (originally it had GW3D 4.2). What am I doing wrong? When I go into the ds profile and hold L down and go to GW GUI I choose the settings and then all I can do is load roms by pressing select. I cannot seem to go to settings and see the version of emunand I am running.

Thanks in advance

It's normal, the settings and the eshop don't work yet on emunand 7.2.

Is it safe to use internet browser on 3DS FW 2XX knowing that am about to use flashcard.
does internet browsing requires update?Can the 3DS update automatically?

No, internet browsing doesn't require update and the 3ds can't update automatically, but if you set up an Internet connection, it will download the upadate in the background then keep asking you to update until you do or format the console, which is very annoying.

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the eta on emunand working for 7.2?will this happen everytime there is a new system update? How can I update emunand to 7.0 instead? (so I can download the mario kart patch and play retail online)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What's the eta on emunand working for 7.2?will this happen everytime there is a new system update? How can I update emunand to 7.0 instead? (so I can download the mario kart patch and play retail online)
There is no "eta"
Nobody knows, it depends on how gateway deal with it, if the actually manage to get the 7.x encryption keys working then technically we should all be fairly safe for a while until Nintendo decide to add more keys, if they just release pre-decrypted system menu items then yes it would need to be repeated each time the FW is updated......but nobody knows exactly what this "fix" will be

You can't update to anything other than the latest FW with emunand,
And updating to 7.0 will not allow you to get any patch files, to access eshop you need the latest FW....end of story, but there is a newer revision of mario kart available that has the 1.1 patch built into it.

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a 3ds sitting here with GW v 1.1 on it - buddy of mine had given up on GW updating and just quit checking.

I know that to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 you just replace launcher.dat. Does that work for upgrading all the way from 1.1 to 2.2 also?

Thanks

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no "eta"
Nobody knows, it depends on how gateway deal with it, if the actually manage to get the 7.x encryption keys working then technically we should all be fairly safe for a while until Nintendo decide to add more keys, if they just release pre-decrypted system menu items then yes it would need to be repeated each time the FW is updated......but nobody knows exactly what this "fix" will be

You can't update to anything other than the latest FW with emunand,
And updating to 7.0 will not allow you to get any patch files, to access eshop you need the latest FW....end of story, but there is a newer revision of mario kart available that has the 1.1 patch built into it.

So what you're saying is being able to use retail cards is dependent on the flash card teams constantly updating their cards? This is kind of an important point that isn't really mentioned in any of the guides

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So what you're saying is being able to use retail cards is dependent on the flash card teams constantly updating their cards? This is kind of an important point that isn't really mentioned in any of the guides
What do you mean, I said nobody knows what the 7.2 fix will be, there is only 2 games that are currently not playable with gateway, it all depends on gateway and how they overcome this issue, they haven't given any details out other than they are working on it

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean, I said nobody knows what the 7.2 fix will be, there is only 2 games that are currently not playable with gateway, it all depends on gateway and how they overcome this issue, they haven't given any details out other than they are working on it

I mean all the guides kind of imply 'yeah you'll be fine to buy retail cartridges as well as playing roms', when in reality every time Nintendo release a system update it'll break emunand until Gateway release a new update. I know it's not a huge problem but I kind of wanted to play mario kart online D:

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I mean all the guides kind of imply 'yeah you'll be fine to buy retail cartridges as well as playing roms', when in reality every time Nintendo release a system update it'll break emunand until Gateway release a new update. I know it's not a huge problem but I kind of wanted to play mario kart online D:

If you're talking about changing keys then that only happens if GW couldn't find a permanent solution to the problem.
Does a GBA .3ds emulator exist for Gateway? ( i think i read about it)

Is it or will it be possible to run DS roms on Red Gateway?

IIRC there's a GB emu.
For the latter no.

dreamstar1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I recently just got the gateway card and got it to work fine.
I have a few questions:
1) sorta confused on how multiple game saves work in gateway, let's say i have 3 games in the gateway card, and i play all 3, would all 3 games be saved successfully if i only do (home -> x to close game), or is there some step i need to do?
2) Where does the game save their files, sd or microsd card? In gateway 2.2 there is a backup save game option, does that backup my save into the micro sd card or the sd card from 3ds
3) what is a card 1 game vs card 2 game? How do i tell?

Thanks!

vdan

Trophies
XP
Country
Not wishing to incur the wrath of any experienced posters,

My DS's on ver 6.2.0-12E. I saw some post stating the flash cart only works for FW 4.0-4.5? Then I see people mentioning GW can play all the games up till ver 7. Just not accessing the E shop or online play. So if I did buy a GW or R4i would I be able to play the games on my 3ds?

Another questions. About online play, if say I have the physical copy of Pokemon X/Y, can I go online play with it? Or does GW have no bearing on my physical copy of that game. Like Mario Kart has a patch? Would that mean I'd have to update my fw to the proper version or would it patch just the cart itself and I can happily continue my online play with the game with a firmware of ver6.2 still ?

Thakns lot guys!

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not wishing to incur the wrath of any experienced posters,

My DS's on ver 6.2.0-12E. I saw some post stating the flash cart only works for FW 4.0-4.5? Then I see people mentioning GW can play all the games up till ver 7. Just not accessing the E shop or online play. So if I did buy a GW or R4i would I be able to play the games on my 3ds?

Gateway 3DS does not work on anything higher than 4.5 FW.

It's exactly what it sounds like. They can play 3ds games that require up to ver 7 on 4.5 3DS. Gateway and other emulators ( i assume) can emulate higher firmware as long as they are on ver 4-4.5.

Tomato-sandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question.

For the Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance 3DS system that's suppose to have <= 4.5.0 is that the Japanese version because I can't find a USA version of that. And if I buy it would using Gateway make USA games work for it (due to no region lock?)

Also does anyone know the date for the 3DS LL New love plus model? I don't think it has under 4.5 but I wanted to make sure.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Guys today i experienced a strange issue with my gateway.. After about 30 min of playing in download 3ds, i decided to open gateway mode to open a game. Once i pressed Ds Profile, the top screen showed gateway omega logo and after that, two screens became black (as always). But after that, in the top screen appeared a white, vertical line and the bottom screen became white with some grey orizontal lines. Pressing power button didn't open any menu, so i powered off my 3ds by holding down the power button. I turned it on again and it came back to life... Now it works perfectly, but... Why? Why that happend?

D

Deleted User

Guys today i experienced a strange issue with my gateway.. After about 30 min of playing in download 3ds, i decided to open gateway mode to open a game. Once i pressed Ds Profile, the top screen showed gateway omega logo and after that, two screens became black (as always). But after that, in the top screen appeared a white, vertical line and the bottom screen became white with some grey orizontal lines. Pressing power button didn't open any menu, so i powered off my 3ds by holding down the power button. I turned it on again and it came back to life... Now it works perfectly, but... Why? Why that happend?

That's normal, I get it like 1 in 40 times... It just means the exploit b0rked and it hangs. Just reboot and it works again

Aegen123

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I just got my GW3DS and I'm having some issues because of the latest firmware. From one the tutorials I followed it mentioned something about downloading an official update onto the SD card and then booting from it. Well it works... kinda. When I try to access the settings it gets stuck on the 3DS loading screen forever and the tutorial mentions something about accessing gateway from the spoofed 7.xx. (which doesn't work anymore because Nintendo patched it)

Are new Gateway owners screwed or is there a way to access backups and play them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol he's right +1