• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

drichard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I've got a 3DS on 4.1.0. I want to update it to 4.5.0 but the only friend I know that has a game with 4.5.0 lives far away. What are you thoughts about updating from a ROM such as Luigis.Mansion.2.EUR.3DS-CONTRAST?

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Gateway3DS, all i have to do is drag and drop the roms? I saw earlier videos requiring you to use a program to write 1 rom to an individual Sd card.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

get my 3DS XL with Hardware Mod soon, I know how to Dump the NAND. But mostly no Guide explain how to copy the NAND Backup back... so how do?

To dump:

Just plug the empty SD Card to 3DS and read the NAND via Win32DiskTool. But how do I flash the Nand Back for example?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey Guys,

get my 3DS XL with Hardware Mod soon, I know how to Dump the NAND. But mostly no Guide explain how to copy the NAND Backup back... so how do?

To dump:

Just plug the empty SD Card to 3DS and read the NAND via Win32DiskTool. But how do I flash the Nand Back for example?
press the write button instead :P

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some smart question, want to use Street Pass while waiting for my Gateway Card. Is it save, or can Street Pass also enable Software Update? (Since it has Internet connection)

PS: Seems I understood it. The SD Card is bascialy a Bridge between 3DS + PC. So bascialy, while the 3DS is plugged in with the SD Card to the PC I can Read/write the Nand directly?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Some smart question, want to use Street Pass while waiting for my Gateway Card. Is it save, or can Street Pass also enable Software Update? (Since it has Internet connection)

PS: Seems I understood it. The SD Card is bascialy a Bridge between 3DS + PC. So bascialy, while the 3DS is plugged in with the SD Card to the PC I can Read/write the Nand directly?

Ignore the technicalities with the sd card.

If you afraid of receiving the fw update, remove your network from system settings.
(This step also applicable if doing homepass )

if unable to enter system settings (example on emunand + FW 7.2),
change your network password for your router, so your 3ds cannot connect.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Streetpass just requires the wireless switch to be on, not an actual internet connection.

And yes, that's how to restore nand to a 3ds in a nutshell.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah it's not my native language, so sorry.

actually I waiting for my Gateway Card to arrive, so I want to play around with MII-Lobby, which requires StreetPass. So I setup my Homepass, like guide said. Just scared, since Homepass has Internet Pass Trough, I may get a update forced. That is what I asked for.

And about the Hardware Mod: Thanks for clarification.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it's not my native language, so sorry.

actually I waiting for my Gateway Card to arrive, so I want to play around with MII-Lobby, which requires StreetPass. So I setup my Homepass, like guide said. Just scared, since Homepass has Internet Pass Trough, I may get a update forced. That is what I asked for.

And about the Hardware Mod: Thanks for clarification.
Yes, using homepass can cause the 3ds to download an update
Are you using emunand? There's a backup and restore tool (that read/writes directly to you sd without need for hardware mod) for emunand.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah the reason why I wanted the HW Mod is because I can update to Retail 7.2, which allow me to update all the Games.
After that, I can downgrade back to 4.4 and swap the Emu Nand to the Retail 7.2 with all the downloaded updates. (Which enable for most games again Online Support)

It is more a workaround til GateWay Team Updated 7.2 E-Shop and more.

Cragnous

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I'm new here and can't read all the posts of this topic so please bear with me.
I just got the flash card and got it working but I have a few questions.

1) I've seen from old tutorials that you need to do something special for saving in a game, is that no longer the case?, Can I simply save normally in the game?

2) Is there also a "savestate" save?

3) Finally, where are these saves files, can I simply move them to my computer once I'm done with a game to use for later?

4) My current EmuNand is 4.2, should I update to 7.2? Do I have to update to play latest games, like say A Link Between Worlds?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi I'm new here and can't read all the posts of this topic so please bear with me.
I just got the flash card and got it working but I have a few questions.

1) I've seen from old tutorials that you need to do something special for saving in a game, is that no longer the case?, Can I simply save normally in the game?

2) Is there also a "savestate" save?

3) Finally, where are these saves files, can I simply move them to my computer once I'm done with a game to use for later?

4) My current EmuNand is 4.2, should I update to 7.2? Do I have to update to play latest games, like say A Link Between Worlds?

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. SD card and Yes, except CARD2 games.
4. Don't. You'll break eShop and Settings. And no.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hello guys

I just bought 3ds xl
I also bought gateway and r4i
can i use them in same device
why?
do you mean a standard R4i NDS card, if so yeah you can put the gatewayinstaller.nds on the NDS card to install the exploit, but really there is very very few benefits of having anything other than just using the bluecard

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i switch to a different gateway 3DS, can i still use the save games from my original gateway device as long as its the same roms? Or are saves device locked for roms?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta smash em all!