• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

wischmob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Once you dumped your own cartridge and the save, you must rename the save according to your game ID (refer to this site: http://3ds.essh.co/ ) and rename the rom to .3DZ. However this only works with savedata equal or bigger than 512kb. Why it doesnt work with savedata below that size is beyond me, didnt find an explanation for that yet. Oh, an dkeep it mind this only works for games using the savetype CARD1 - games that save inside the rom like Pokemon X/Y (CARD2) for example dont allow backing up savedata.

vagueheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello :) I have a question again.

I was just reading through the wiki again and I saw this part:

If you played a game requesting the new save encryption method on EmuNAND, you will lose the save if you play that game on SysNAND. And the other way around is true, if you played a game requesting the new save encryption method on a SysNAND first, you will lose your save if you try that game in EmuNAND.
To resume, for games using the new KeyY:
  • If you start a game cartridge on EmuNAND, always play on EmuNAND.
  • If you start a game cartridge on SysNAND, always play on SysNAND.
I'm actually thinking of buying the retail cartidge of Animal Crossing New Leaf while I'm waiting for my gateway to arrive.

My question is:

1) Does playing online in ACNL requires the latest firmware (Aka. I have a 4.5 firmware now. Can I still play full function including all online functions in the sysnand without updating it?)

2) Does the above quote meant that if I start the game on the sysnand, I won't be able to play my already saved game using EmuNand Classic after I got my gateway?

Thank you :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hello :) I have a question again.

I was just reading through the wiki again and I saw this part:

I'm actually thinking of buying the retail cartidge of Animal Crossing New Leaf while I'm waiting for my gateway to arrive.

My question is:

1) Does playing online in ACNL requires the latest firmware (Aka. I have a 4.5 firmware now. Can I still play full function including all online functions in the sysnand without updating it?)

2) Does the above quote meant that if I start the game on the sysnand, I won't be able to play my already saved game using EmuNand Classic after I got my gateway?

Thank you :)
thats pretty much to do with 6.x save encryption games, i.e pokemon x & y and other newer games, because gateway didnt fix 6.x encryption, they just made a "alternate" version to make the games work, so games that NEED 6.x save encryption will use the gateway version, if you then put it into a properly updated console the ecryption will not be proper 6.x encryption and the save will be unreadable......so if the game works on 4.x in the first place (like animal crossing), it will work in system nand or emunand no problem

Reactions: vagueheart

Bl00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, I may have a problem using StreetPass with my 3DS XL and EmuNAND, as I'm getting some kind of StreetPass connection using my setup, but no passes.

I followed this guide on setting up StreetPass Riilay and left it on for several hours, along with my 3DS with EmuNAND in sleep mode.
I verified the successful MAC change using the Terminal Emulator, and my 3DS shown me StreetPass in the upper left corner, but it always switched to Internet again in almost an instant after opening the 3DS.
No passes acquired in more than 8 hours of running and the whole MAC list cycled, although both Bravely Default and Animal Crossing New Leaf were registered for StreetPass on the SD card.

Any idea on what the problem might be? Might it be related to simultanously being connected to my router's Wi-Fi?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have a 3ds XL with firmware 7.1.0-16U, can i still use MT-card? Is it possible to downgrade?
no, and most likely in your case no

the only way to downgrade is if you used gateway/MT when your 3ds was on 4.x and did a nand dump OR if you had the hardware nand mod to dump the nand whilst your 3ds was on 4.x

inb4 next questions, nobody knows if or when gateway will be able to support 7.1 (MT just copy gateway so it would happen for gateway first most likely)...it may never support anything above 4.5

also just to stem the questions here, you cant use anyone elses nand to downgrade your console...it has to be a dump from that specific 3ds, from when it was running 4.x or lower.....and even then downgrading requires the nand hardware mod to be soldered in

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, is there a way to patch an old rom (not rev 1) of Mario Kart 7 without using the e-shop? Otherwise I can't play Mario Kart online with the save file of my cartridge, until access to e-shop is again available... Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I'm on Gateway mode and I try to play the latest games, will it ask to update my system firmware or will Gateway bypass the updates?

slayre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im tryna get my MT card working with 3ds roms and it just shows a blank icon? Its format fat32 with rom just copy and pasted on sd. Its pokemon. anyone have any suggestions ?

loco365

Trophies
XP
So, I'm seeing more and more homebrew coming out as Gateway-compatible .3ds images, however, I don't have a Gateway, so I can't use all these awesome pieces of homebrew. Is there any alternative I can use?

balba

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello guys. Im sorry if this question has been asked again but i didnt find the answer on the pages i went through.
Im wondering, with the new r4i 4.0B1 is it possible to play Pokemon X/Y Rom? Update says 4.5+ games works so i assumed it would.
I tried the game and it told me save data is corrupted, i tried deleting save data by holding b+x+ up but it went black, gave me error and told me to restart the 3DS.
Is there a way to fix this, or do i wait for further updates to the r4i?
Thanks

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
What microSD cards should I buy for the gateway and does the Gateway come with a microSD reader?

Anything high-speed, maybe class 6 at least. Also watch out for fakes.
GW doesn't come with a reader.
So, I'm seeing more and more homebrew coming out as Gateway-compatible .3ds images, however, I don't have a Gateway, so I can't use all these awesome pieces of homebrew. Is there any alternative I can use?

Your best bet would be making a launcher.dat version.
Hello guys. Im sorry if this question has been asked again but i didnt find the answer on the pages i went through.
Im wondering, with the new r4i 4.0B1 is it possible to play Pokemon X/Y Rom? Update says 4.5+ games works so i assumed it would.
I tried the game and it told me save data is corrupted, i tried deleting save data by holding b+x+ up but it went black, gave me error and told me to restart the 3DS.
Is there a way to fix this, or do i wait for further updates to the r4i?
Thanks

It supports 4.5+ games but not CARD2 games so you'll have to wait.

Reactions: balba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKJyCeQck4