• Views 4,471,447
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

Carlotta_Monroe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you want the next step up in cards the DStwo has extra features that arent compatible with other NDS flashcards such as much better gba emulation and snes emulation, but the price is higher, so either the R4 you linked or the DStwo depending on your budget
Thanks. And does the DStwo work with both the 3DS XL and DS Lite?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks. And does the DStwo work with both the 3DS XL and DS Lite?
yeah works fine on all DS/3DS i dont own one, but if i was looking to but a NDS flashcard it does look like the best card in terms of features and support, heard nothing but positive things about them, the R4 on the other hand have a habit of releasing new "revisions" and dropping support for the older card

Erwin Grey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A total noob here. Just got my 3DS Xl (Region US/Ca) a while ago, so you can imaging it's on firmware 7xx. How do I make it region free. I know that it's not possible on 3ds above Fw4.5 but I read that Gateway enables you to play roms region free, what does that mean? Will I be able to get the game from the store and play it irregardless of it's region? I've got some 3DS games from Germany that obviously don't work, but will getting Gateway solve that?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
And just to save you being mislead by any more unscrupulous card makers who try to confuse people into thinking they work on anything other than 4.5 or lower.....they don't, the only way to use flashcards or homebrew in 3ds mode is if your 3DS is on 4.1-4.5

There is on the other hand NDS cards that work on higher firmware but these are limited to original DS games or original DS homebrew, if you want something like that I suggest a DStwo

Erwin Grey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just to save you being mislead by any more unscrupulous card makers who try to confuse people into thinking they work on anything other than 4.5 or lower.....they don't, the only way to use flashcards or homebrew in 3ds mode is if your 3DS is on 4.1-4.5

Cool, this is why I decided to ask first :D

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I have quite a lot of 3DS games for my XL already but I really want to buy a Gateway card solely so that I can play games from Japan.
I've read it can play games region free so this is possible...however I still want to play my cartridges and use the online aspects for those - I won't get blocked by Nintendo if I play my legal games online will I?
I still want to use the Nintendo shop - will the Gateway card affect this?
All I have to do is ensure that I have the correct firmware that matches Nintendo's and everything should be alright?

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I have quite a lot of 3DS games for my XL already but I really want to buy a Gateway card solely so that I can play games from Japan.
I've read it can play games region free so this is possible...however I still want to play my cartridges and use the online aspects for those - I won't get blocked by Nintendo if I play my legal games online will I?
I still want to use the Nintendo shop - will the Gateway card affect this?
All I have to do is ensure that I have the correct firmware that matches Nintendo's and everything should be alright?

The e-shop is not working with Gateway ( at least for now ) since the 7.2 came out which also means games that require update from e-shop or you haven't downloaded their update won't work online since you can't access the e-shop, you can play online if you have the game cartridge and the latest update ofthe game ,2.2 omega also supports online from game dumps ( I haven't tried that still on 2.1 omega ). I'm not sure what exactly you mean by the last question 3DS firmware or emunand ?

also here's a thread that might help you on how to play online using dumps

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-scene-dumps-with-gw-2-2-online.365829/

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys, I know 7.2.0 on emuNAND breaks eShop, but I have some questions.

1- I don't have a Gateway yet, but does it come with some version of emunand pre-installed, or do you have to update to 7.2.0?

2- If I have to update emunand, e.g. can I run, say, Pokémon Y retail cart with all features on classic mode with 7.2.0?

3- Will other ROMS work on 7.2.0 emunand mode?

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Guys, I know 7.2.0 on emuNAND breaks eShop, but I have some questions.

1- I don't have a Gateway yet, but does it come with some version of emunand pre-installed, or do you have to update to 7.2.0?

2- If I have to update emunand, e.g. can I run, say, Pokémon Y retail cart with all features on classic mode with 7.2.0?

1- it doesn't come with emunand you create it and it will be based on your 3DS official firmware 4.1 - 4.5 then you update the emunand to 7.2

2- all games work fine with emunand 7.2.0 ( e-shop and settings don't work ) and if you don't have the latest Pokemon update V1.2 you won't be able to play online sadly because there is no way to download it.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
2- all games work fine with emunand 7.2.0 ( e-shop and settings don't work ) and if you don't have the latest Pokemon update V1.2 you won't be able to play online sadly because there is no way to download it.

Oh right, thanks. But when eShop is fixed I'll be able to DL the patch, correct? I can deal with playing offline for a while.

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Oh right, thanks. But when eShop is fixed I'll be able to DL the patch, correct? I can deal with playing offline for a while.

Yes but who knows when will the GW team fix the e-shop and settings issue hopefully it won't take too long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?