• Views 4,463,958
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can try. I'm sorry I can't give you a more precise answer, I'm not really sure about the folder hierarchy. Just keep a backup of both SD cards and you can move stuff around till it works.

Wow, even with the transfer, the save file doesn't show up. I tried ever combination I can think of.

mastermind85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a used 3DS XL and unfortunately it was already upgraded to 5.1. Is there a way to install EmuNAND on it so I can play updated retail games without updating my real firmware since its above 4.5?

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a used 3DS XL and unfortunately it was already upgraded to 5.1. Is there a way to install EmuNAND on it so I can play updated retail games without updating my real firmware since its above 4.5?

Nope. If you're >4.5 you can't do ANYTHING other than play retail games and update real firmware.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I noticed that since omega was released, there's been a bunch of jap ROMs and a handful of eshop files (poke bank, poke transfer, YouTube) dumped as well.
Is gateway good2go with region free roms?

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so my gateway card is on its way, i have an old DSi that i want to transfer some of the dsiware to the 3Ds xl however it says i have to update the system firmware, once i have the gateway card and can do an emunand so i can emulate 7.1.x can i then transfer dsiware to the emunand and play those dsiware games?/

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
ok so my gateway card is on its way, i have an old DSi that i want to transfer some of the dsiware to the 3Ds xl however it says i have to update the system firmware, once i have the gateway card and can do an emunand so i can emulate 7.1.x can i then transfer dsiware to the emunand and play those dsiware games?/

IIRC DS/DSi games don't work in EmuNAND
So I noticed that since omega was released, there's been a bunch of jap ROMs and a handful of eshop files (poke bank, poke transfer, YouTube) dumped as well.
Is gateway good2go with region free roms?

Yes.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me what's the best way to proceed with switching from an r4i deluxe to gateway? Just wipe the r4 launcher and replace?

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched and went back a few pages in this thread and cant find an answer.

I updated to 2.1, but when I try to load up a game the save file is not recognized. I rechecked the SD card and the save files are there.

Are <2.1 saves not compatible with 2.1?

The only difference I can think of is that the save file was originally created with a trimmed version of the rom I think. I'm using an untrimmed version now.

Jelal

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, the name's Jelal, I'm new over here.
I'd like to know if it is safe to update the emuNAND under the gateway classic mode. I'm currently using the latest 2.1 omega firmware.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I searched and went back a few pages in this thread and cant find an answer.

I updated to 2.1, but when I try to load up a game the save file is not recognized. I rechecked the SD card and the save files are there.

Are <2.1 saves not compatible with 2.1?

The only difference I can think of is that the save file was originally created with a trimmed version of the rom I think. I'm using an untrimmed version now.
Are you using the same version of the rom? I.e you haven't switched from a EU release to US or something like that....also your saves stay on the Big SD ....just in case you thought they go on the micro sd now

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. I just bought a 3DS XL with 4.2 Firmware and the 3DS Link flashcard. It works ok with games from my region, but Monster Hunter 4 (japanese) isn't working. I start the game and it just sends me back to the main menu again; hasn't region lock been bypassed for a while now? At least according to their website...
Thank you in advance.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I just got the gateway yesterday and I'm already on omega. Question, is it true that the save files are bound to the .3ds file? As in, if you want to keep your progress, you have to continuously back up the file you are using to the computer?

Thanks

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Everyone,

I just got the gateway yesterday and I'm already on omega. Question, is it true that the save files are bound to the .3ds file? As in, if you want to keep your progress, you have to continuously back up the file you are using to the computer?

Thanks
What? The saves are stored on the big SD card of the 3DS. But you don't have to backup anything.

RazR

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
Well after about a month of lurking, I finally signed up for some noob questions!
First, I just want to say this forum is really awesome and helped me a lot in tracking down a lower firmware 3ds xl, and in making the decision to buy gateway. So thanks guys!
Now, as a new 3DSXL owner I was wondering:
1. Should I get a case? Screen protector? I'm 24 so it's not like I'll be abusing it.. Even so, any recommendations?
2. Should I get a different stylus than the one in the package?
3. Which micro sd is best? I tried reading through the threads but it seems like there isn't really any favorite.

I'll be getting my console&flashcard soon so I'm super excited!
Thanks!!
R

mja7011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone

First I just want to say I am a complete newb when it comes to this 3DS hacking thing.

I am interested in buying a 3DS hack card, but I dont know if my 3DSXL is compatible or not. I have look at the 3DS hacking faq but am still unsure about some questions. Here is what I know about my 3DS XL.

- It was purchased in September 2012 (3DSXL - Red)
- My serial number is SW10....... (I somehow have to know if its <= 4.5.0?)
- The current version is 7.1.0.16U

Is this enough information to tell if it is compatible with any card or not? If it is or is not, which cards will work on it?

Thanks so much all!

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello Everyone

First I just want to say I am a complete newb when it comes to this 3DS hacking thing.

I am interested in buying a 3DS hack card, but I dont know if my 3DSXL is compatible or not. I have look at the 3DS hacking faq but am still unsure about some questions. Here is what I know about my 3DS XL.

- It was purchased in September 2012 (3DSXL - Red)
- My serial number is SW10....... (I somehow have to know if its <= 4.5.0?)
- The current version is 7.1.0.16U

Is this enough information to tell if it is compatible with any card or not? If it is or is not, which cards will work on it?

Thanks so much all!

Nope. Anything above version 4.5 isn't compatible (yet) with "hack cards" by my knowledge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol