• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

grencham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current plan: IR sensor hardwire>arduino to decode and encode>gsm breakout board. As far as I've read you can control the ir sensor via hombrew, so i should be able to send it some data that it would normally try to transmit, gather it from whichever pin it goes to, feed it to the arduino and decode the binary to whichever command I'm trying to send then send that to the appropriate pin on the gsm board. Then do the same in reverse for receiving messages. Other options include figuring out how exactly the gamecard slot works and using that to send and recieve data. Not aware of any other serial data methods I could use. Does anyone have any resources on the IR? Also apologies if this is the most braindead idea you've ever read if it's not even possible

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Current plan: IR sensor hardwire>arduino to decode and encode>gsm breakout board. As far as I've read you can control the ir sensor via hombrew, so i should be able to send it some data that it would normally try to transmit, gather it from whichever pin it goes to, feed it to the arduino and decode the binary to whichever command I'm trying to send then send that to the appropriate pin on the gsm board. Then do the same in reverse for receiving messages. Other options include figuring out how exactly the gamecard slot works and using that to send and recieve data. Not aware of any other serial data methods I could use. Does anyone have any resources on the IR? Also apologies if this is the most braindead idea you've ever read if it's not even possible
there has been some IR data done. altho from what ive seen if it. the sensors are only good for like a few feet of each other.

There was one thread somewhere that proposed the ir as a tv remote.

grencham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there has been some IR data done. altho from what ive seen if it. the sensors are only good for like a few feet of each other.
This is why I intend to hardwire off of the irtransceiver pins, the range should then irrelevant as the signal will go from the pin, through a wire, and directly to the arduino.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not aware of any other serial data methods I could use.
Presumably it is "possible" to read useful data from a capture card, but I expect most people shelling out for those have been more interested in using them for their intended purpose. And you could send data back through the microphone.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How to repair a 3ds xl's hinges and fix the black top screen?
Take it into a mobile repair shop and let them do it for you. Don't do it yourself, as its the same sort of difficulty as disassembling an iPhone.

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Where can I found info about using and adding cheats? I have checkpoint 3.7.4 installed and it listed some cheats for my games but when I went to use that Rosalina menu, it said there were no cheats for it.
They're all european versions if it matters.

Proxy-Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi. Where do I begin with creating a mod for an existing game? i.e. adding content, not just changing graphics.

I have some university experience with reverse engineering so I think I can get stuff done, but I'm not sure how to even get to readable assembly.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some university experience with reverse engineering so I think I can get stuff done, but I'm not sure how to even get to readable assembly.
If you have experience, then surely you're better-prepared to answer these things on your own before resorting to message board posts..?

Have you even heard of Ghidra?

Proxy-Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
If you have experience, then surely you're better-prepared to answer these things on your own before resorting to message board posts..?

Have you even heard of Ghidra?
I have some limited experience from a couple of university courses, I didn’t say it was extensive…

Yes, I have used Ghidra. I am not sure how to set it up specifically for 3DS games, or how to dump the part of the game that contains the logic code that is viewable in Ghidra, or if there’s any checks or something to keep in mind.

I would like to learn and would appreciate guidance/documentation on these things.

Last edited by Proxy-Pie,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I have some limited experience from a couple of university courses, I didn’t say it was extensive…

Yes, I have used Ghidra. I am not sure how to set it up specifically for 3DS games, or how to dump the part of the game that contains the logic code that is viewable in Ghidra, or if there’s any checks or something to keep in mind.

I would like to learn and would appreciate guidance/documentation on these things.
I don't know why kwyjor didn't just try to help instead of asking a question. Sure, google is useful but for people not used to the 3ds scene it might get confusing

Anyway, if you want to start making mods and the like you can start here https://github.com/ihaveamac/3DS-rom-tools/wiki
Normally what you need is the exheader.bin, romfs.bin and exefs.bin. I don't really know much about what to do next but in that link you'll have some explanation, also search how to make IPS patches. Or visit this and have a nice read courtesy of FAST6191 about .ips patches https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-a-ips-for-a-game.460394/

Reactions: BigOnYa

whitezombie455

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noob here... Wondering if there is a program that lets you browse 3DS titles on your 3DS similar to an emulator program. The homescreen folder navigation isn't the greatest and it would be nice if there was a "sort by titles, genre, search, etc"... having no luck finding such a program.

xrunner48

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is definitely a very stupid question, but I'm currently homebrewing my 3DS, and in the guide it says :

"Do not press any buttons or touch the screen - ensure that you see the Mii Maker icon".

I can't see the icon because I've already installed a lot of (official) apps and it's on a later page. Would it be safe to continue or should the mii maker icon be on screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2