• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

QuadroProfeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Only rcently discovered that my 3ds had cfw on it, so I don't know all ins and outs.
Wanted to remove nnid from console, but didn't know there was an option to do it without formatting system at the time. Before that I did both sysNAND and whole SD card backup. So now I'm wondering if it possible to restore previous state, so I don't have to redownloading all programs again.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Only rcently discovered that my 3ds had cfw on it, so I don't know all ins and outs.
Wanted to remove nnid from console, but didn't know there was an option to do it without formatting system at the time. Before that I did both sysNAND and whole SD card backup. So now I'm wondering if it possible to restore previous state, so I don't have to redownloading all programs again.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage.html#removing-an-nnid-without-formatting-your-device

You can do this but that doesn't unlink it from Nintendo server.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I want to do that, but I already have formatted 3ds. Is there a way to return to before formatted state? As I previously said, I have both sysNAND and SD card backups (pre formatting)

You can try the NAND backup and the file backup to see if that bring you back to pre-formatted state. It should work.

sukh69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, you’ll want to click on the 3gx loader link and install that.
I did follow this and replaced the boot file, but it hasn't helped.

I see it mentions installing plugins. Is this needed to fix the issue? If so, where would I find the default .3gx file? Could I find one for a specific app like Poke Transporter?

sukh69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you replace boot.firm, or boot.3dsx, or what?

By "it hasn't helped", does that mean you're still getting the same error message?
I replaced boot.firm. It was only that file.

Yes, it still led me to getting the same error message which is exactly what I mean.

New2DSXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That Twilight app to run DS games is kinda slow. I wish it was snappier.

A flash cart seems to be quicker.
There is an application that can forward your DS games to the home menu, takes a little bit to set up a save file but after that it should be quicker than twilight, the app is called NDS Forwarder Generator, just search NDS on the Universal Updater, after a bit you should find the app! hope this could help! :yay3ds:

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is an application that can forward your DS games to the home menu, takes a little bit to set up a save file but after that it should be quicker than twilight, the app is called NDS Forwarder Generator, just se
In the end, it still uses nds-bootstrap and thus is the same thing as TWiLight.

Forwarders are also known to have some compatibility problems.

przemo_one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm running Luma3ds on my 2ds (old) with firmware 11.15.0-47E. Is it safe to perform system update to the latest firmware without risk of bricking and loosing Luma3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol