• Views 4,464,941
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, Can a Japanese 3DS Handheld be converted over to English using Luma or FBI easily to play USA games??

Thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks..... I just wonder how hard it'll be to follow the hacking guide in Japanese to get to the point of converting it.

The Japanese 3DS systems are SO much cheaper on eBay than buying another USA one
yeah, that's the way wiiu's are as well. plus, Japan got the white 32GB model, which some people prefer.

Reactions: elm

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks..... I just wonder how hard it'll be to follow the hacking guide in Japanese to get to the point of converting it.

The Japanese 3DS systems are SO much cheaper on eBay than buying another USA one
Just bear in mind that once you do the region change you can no longer access the eShop, that includes downloading games & games updates etc..
Also, the Japanese 3DS will & can display the English (or other) language, if the game supports it, or if it's from another region (NA or EU). So if you just want to play games in English, and want to keep the system as is (the Japanese on the system menu etc. is not bothering you), then it's not really necessary to do the region change, unless you really want to.

Reactions: elm and godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a Japanese ps4. you can convert it to English in settings, too bad the 3ds doesn't have such an option. the warning when you boot up is still in Japanese though. it's kinda confusing with circle being confirm and cross being cancel. there's no way to change them to suit America. I think that was introduced in 5.50 or 5.55 iirc, but I'm on the golden firmware, so I will not update.

Reactions: elm and CoolMe

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bear in mind that once you do the region change you can no longer access the eShop, that includes downloading games & games updates etc..
Also, the Japanese 3DS will & can display the English (or other) language, if the game supports it, or if it's from another region (NA or EU). So if you just want to play games in English, and want to keep the system as is (the Japanese on the system menu etc. is not bothering you), then it's not really necessary to do the region change, unless you really want to.
Ok, thanks, I really just want to add FBI on it and play games with that, so I don't have to go to the eShop for anything.
I own a 3DS with lots of games on it and I just want a backup handheld because I know this one will eventually wear out on me :)

Reactions: CoolMe

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you all buying or downloading 3DS games from somewhere(amazon,eBay, or download from some google websites)?
Don't be asking for warez here. This ain't a piracy site.

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Upon installing fieldrunners.cia and playing it to the end, I would like to transfer my save data from my 3ds to my dsi.
Do you know where (in the 3ds) are the save data stored for dsiware installed as CIA? I was looking for the .pub file in the sd but it isn´t there. is it posible to share between systems as in .nds games?

yadajokuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've already gotten my 3DS fully modded, I'm just adding Twilight Menu ++ and downloading DS games, and I just wanted to know if it was possible to run DS Pokemon ROM hacks without any major issues. I tried looking into it and the most info I got was an anti-piracy patch that has to be installed, but the rest was about 3DS ROM hacks. Is it possible to run hacks like Sacred Gold or Volt White, or would I be better off emulating those on PC or Android?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Upon installing fieldrunners.cia and playing it to the end, I would like to transfer my save data from my 3ds to my dsi.
Do you know where (in the 3ds) are the save data stored for dsiware installed as CIA? I was looking for the .pub file in the sd but it isn´t there. is it posible to share between systems as in .nds games?
it's public.sav when installed, from where the .app file is you go back one folder then it's in the data folder

You can find the .app using the title manager in GodMode9

Malkata

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
I hope you're not asking where you can download 3DS games for free?
I'm asking for an original 3DS game to buy from amazon or eBay so that's the way I ask where you all find the games on amazon or some other google sites.
Post automatically merged:

Depends on the person, I guess. we can talk about piracy, but we can't provide links.
Depending on the piracy there are some good and bad sites (mostly bad) for that but I'm more interested in buying original 3Ds games and my question was is someone buying games from Amazon or eBay and satisfied with what they got?

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm asking for an original 3DS game to buy from amazon or eBay so that's the way I ask where you all find the games on amazon or some other google sites.

Depending on the piracy there are some good and bad sites (mostly bad) for that but I'm more interested in buying original 3Ds games and my question was is someone buying games from Amazon or eBay and satisfied with what they got?

Amazon and eBay are still good sources for legit games. Where are you based? If you’re in the UK or EU I can probably give you some other sources.

• Angry
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

otterlady

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I posted this in another thread but this ones presumably more active, so I'll say it here too
I don't know if this was already said in the thread but I have a problem with the ds games on the main menu. whenever I click on a ds game, for example goosebumps horrorland, it says: not found: sd:/nds games/the game name.nds ; please recreate the forwarder with the correct rom path. the thing is, when I open the game with twilight menu, it works completely fine. any solutions? thx <3

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I posted this in another thread but this ones presumably more active, so I'll say it here too
I don't know if this was already said in the thread but I have a problem with the ds games on the main menu. whenever I click on a ds game, for example goosebumps horrorland, it says: not found: sd:/nds games/the game name.nds ; please recreate the forwarder with the correct rom path. the thing is, when I open the game with twilight menu, it works completely fine. any solutions? thx <3
Did you move the ROM? As the error says, you probably just need to remake the forwarder. You won't lose any data or such.

Edit: Saw your other post, if you're using Forwarder3-DS (the topic of that thread) still, I'd recommend using ndsForwarder instead, it's much easier

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've already gotten my 3DS fully modded, I'm just adding Twilight Menu ++ and downloading DS games, and I just wanted to know if it was possible to run DS Pokemon ROM hacks without any major issues. I tried looking into it and the most info I got was an anti-piracy patch that has to be installed, but the rest was about 3DS ROM hacks.
Is it possible to run hacks like Sacred Gold or Volt White, or would I be better off emulating those on PC or Android?
Not sure.. you should ask in the TWilightMenu thread here.
Other than that, there might be a specific order to follow when preparing the rom, like applying the AP patch on the original rom first then applying the rom hack, or vice-versa.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina