• Views 4,462,275
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sounds like the data in that folder is corrupted or sth... can't imagine why else it would do that. Do you have important saves on it? Or is it not worth trying to recover it?

Not sure about smash bros either. I play on my NA legit cart all the time soo..

ok something happened o_o
I've made what I told you: just formated the 3DS' SD , placed the files backup again, the all stuff appeared there on sysnand
then I boot the exploit : it enter direct on the menu(with the digtal content there) it was strange because I formated it, right? I didn't made a backyp of the emunand o-o
Then entered the system configuration to make sure it not simples reseted to the sysnand menu, but there was : GW3D 9.4.0-21U
This mean that this still the emunand, right? o_o but how? e3e
Should I format emunand again and see what happens?
Edit :
Ok I tried it : formated emunand on GW and got it like was : placing the folders on the SD does not show the digital content on sysnand and emunand, it could be updated and stuffs (strange that the miiplaza are asking for update, not sure if I should do that o-o).
So I think the way to have my content there is formating this SD/deleting the files here and placing the folders again ....
But it still be the normal emunand? e3e

Reactions: 2Hack

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
ok something happened o_o
I've made what I told you: just formated the 3DS' SD , placed the files backup again, the all stuff appeared there on sysnand
then I boot the exploit : it enter direct on the menu(with the digtal content there) it was strange because I formated it, right? I didn't made a backyp of the emunand o-o
Then entered the system configuration to make sure it not simples reseted to the sysnand menu, but there was : GW3D 9.4.0-21U
This mean that this still the emunand, right? o_o but how? e3e
Should I format emunand again and see what happens?
Edit :
Ok I tried it : formated emunand on GW and got it like was : placing the folders on the SD does not show the digital content on sysnand and emunand, it could be updated and stuffs (strange that the miiplaza are asking for update, not sure if I should do that o-o).
So I think the way to have my content there is formating this SD/deleting the files here and placing the folders again ....
But it still be the normal emunand? e3e

One thing I wonder, can you tell me how much space all the folders on the sd card are taking, and then

Right click the sd card from my computer, select properties and tell me how much space is actually being used?

Because with emuNAND it makes a partition, and it looks like you formatted the non gw partition if you are getting gw9.4.0.21. There should be a ~960MB difference in space, which would mean you still have emuNAND on your SD even after the windows format.

Oh, and sorry for being not very active, have been relatively too busy to sit down and work with you on this. Sorry :)

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One thing I wonder, can you tell me how much space all the folders on the sd card are taking, and then

Right click the sd card from my computer, select properties and tell me how much space is actually being used?

Because with emuNAND it makes a partition, and it looks like you formatted the non gw partition if you are getting gw9.4.0.21. There should be a ~960MB difference in space, which would mean you still have emuNAND on your SD even after the windows format.

Oh, and sorry for being not very active, have been relatively too busy to sit down and work with you on this. Sorry :)

hmm right, this partition is something computers can't really show? oh iI feel so dumb for not actually getting this lol you told every time " emunand partition" OTL
ok the SD is and 16 GB one (so it's have like 15,3? lollol) and now it's show that have round 14GB
No problem about this! Thanks so much for all the attention on the time you can ! also are helping me very much!Thanh you!

So this mean that it's ok to do the windows format and place the files there? like I did?
and hmm... It don't got 2 emunand partitions there now, right? x3x

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
hmm right, this partition is something computers can't really show? oh iI feel so dumb for not actually getting this lol you told every time " emunand partition" OTL
ok the SD is and 16 GB one (so it's have like 15,3? lollol) and now it's show that have round 14GB
No problem about this! Thanks so much for all the attention on the time you can ! also are helping me very much!Thanh you!

So this mean that it's ok to do the windows format and place the files there? like I did?
and hmm... It don't got 2 emunand partitions there now, right? x3x

No, I don't think it is possible to even have two emuNAND partitions lol. And ye, the 14 gb sounds about right.

Instead of a windows format, next time, just select everything and delete it before moving the backup data onto the sd card. If you emunand is showing gw9.4 then for sure you have an emuNAND partition that is functioning :)

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, I don't think it is possible to even have two emuNAND partitions lol. And ye, the 14 gb sounds about right.

Instead of a windows format, next time, just select everything and delete it before moving the backup data onto the sd card. If you emunand is showing gw9.4 then for sure you have an emuNAND partition that is functioning :)

oh right! xD
ok I will do that!
The strange is that the only difference from deleting or not the files, Is that, after the formation, it's create an "Nintendo 3DS" folder, with one other folder there, inside "24e10e73138f0171ad9c845475856f19" have the "f7da00e864025c004e43617200824a54", as you can see on the screenshots I sent before, looks that this folder is that want don't let it read my stuff, I just delete it and sys nand and emu nand load everything lol this is strange lol
thank you so much for all the support!

oh just something i'm curious about and willing to try but I fear that sheet happens XD if I put my emunand SD and load it in another 3DS, it will load my emunand there, will not work or will brick everything? XDD

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
oh right! xD
ok I will do that!
The strange is that the only difference from deleting or not the files, Is that, after the formation, it's create an "Nintendo 3DS" folder, with one other folder there, inside "24e10e73138f0171ad9c845475856f19" have the "f7da00e864025c004e43617200824a54", as you can see on the screenshots I sent before, looks that this folder is that want don't let it read my stuff, I just delete it and sys nand and emu nand load everything lol this is strange lol
thank you so much for all the support!

oh just something i'm curious about and willing to try but I fear that sheet happens XD if I put my emunand SD and load it in another 3DS, it will load my emunand there, will not work or will brick everything? XDD

That's the problem! There ya go! :) when I did it, I deleted everything in the root of the sd, then placed my backup on the root. That is vital to the instructions.

For your next question, I doubt it would boot. Maybe a black screen or sth because emuNAND is system specific.

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any one know of a link to a good tutorial for using emuNAND I am currently on 6.2.0-12U 3ds XL and I am going to be updating it to 8.1 using super smash bros. cart soon or should I stay on 6.2 to use emuNAND. Any advice or info I should know before messing with that? Thanks! :)

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I will be tetting my Gateway carts very soon, but want to read up on it and make sure it all works out safely be fore hand so I don't do something stupid.:)

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I will be getting my Gateway carts very soon, but want to read up on it and make sure it all works out safely be fore hand so I don't do something stupid.:)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's the problem! There ya go! :) when I did it, I deleted everything in the root of the sd, then placed my backup on the root. That is vital to the instructions.

For your next question, I doubt it would boot. Maybe a black screen or sth because emuNAND is system specific.

Yeah really, well it's works now xD
ok! XD was more curiosity than really wanting to do that lololo thanks again!

Reactions: 2Hack

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh other noob stuff here :v
I saw there was a suspect space on the GW red card ner where goes the micro SD XD
I was formating emunand on my friend's 3DS XL and saw theres come a led light from there ... but when doing stuff on my 3DS , it don't lighetd up .. does this mean something ? :x

ztoben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Are there any drawbacks of unlinking my sysnand and my emunand?

2) To unlink all I have to do is factory reset my sysnand, right? This won't force me to update or anything will it?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2) To unlink all I have to do is factory reset my sysnand, right? This won't force me to update or anything will it?
1. Not that I am aware of.
2. Yes. Pull the Sd card out. No it will not update.

Reactions: ztoben

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
oh other noob stuff here :v
I saw there was a suspect space on the GW red card ner where goes the micro SD XD
I was formating emunand on my friend's 3DS XL and saw theres come a led light from there ... but when doing stuff on my 3DS , it don't lighetd up .. does this mean something ? :x
The light is for debugging purposes. I don't think it matters. I helped someone else prep for GW and apparently he got the same thing, but it installed nicely :]

1) you must format sysNAND. That is the only drawback

2) Yes, you have to format, and no it won't force you to update. It just requires you to be connected so it can unlink sysNAND and the NNID :) make sure the sd is not in the console when doing it though

Reactions: ztoben

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg