• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

b2p1mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an Old 3ds that I had hacked a few years ago and I am just updated Luma to the latest using the 3ds hacks guide. That was easy but I also want to update all the apps. In the guide i am reading, next steps are...

Section III - Homebrew Launcher​

1. Launch the Download Play application
  2. Wait until you see the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS buttons
  3. Press (Left Shoulder) + (D-Pad Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
  4. Select “Miscellaneous options”
  5. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
  6. Press (B) to continue
  7. Press (B) to return to the Rosalina main menu
  8. Press (B) to exit the Rosalina menu
  9. Press (Home), then close Download Play
  10. Launch the Download Play application
  11. Your device should load the Homebrew Launcher
Will I lose the ability to use the Download Play applicaton? I have multiple DS and I use that feature often. Or am i looking at wrong guide?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I got an Old 3ds that I had hacked a few years ago and I am just updated Luma to the latest using the 3ds hacks guide. That was easy but I also want to update all the apps. In the guide i am reading, next steps are...

Section III - Homebrew Launcher​

1. Launch the Download Play application
  2. Wait until you see the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS buttons
  3. Press (Left Shoulder) + (D-Pad Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
  4. Select “Miscellaneous options”
  5. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
  6. Press (B) to continue
  7. Press (B) to return to the Rosalina main menu
  8. Press (B) to exit the Rosalina menu
  9. Press (Home), then close Download Play
  10. Launch the Download Play application
  11. Your device should load the Homebrew Launcher
Will I lose the ability to use the Download Play applicaton? I have multiple DS and I use that feature often. Or am i looking at wrong guide?
only until you reboot the console or change the redirected app to something else. if you already have the Homebrew Launcher on your HOME Menu you don't need to do that fyi

Reactions: CoolMe and b2p1mp

b2p1mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only until you reboot the console or change the redirected app to something else. if you already have the Homebrew Launcher on your HOME Menu you don't need to do that fyi
I do have homebrew launcher icon that works but I was thinking this version may be newer somehow since mine is from 2019. I just read a post saying how to revert the download play back using the rosalina menu so I think i will be ok. You, say after a reboot it will revert back to Download Play? Or do i have to redirect again in rosalina menu miscellaneous options?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I do have homebrew launcher icon that works but I was thinking this version may be newer somehow since mine is from 2019. I just read a post saying how to revert the download play back using the rosalina menu so I think i will be ok. You, say after a reboot it will revert back to Download Play? Or do i have to redirect again in rosalina menu miscellaneous options?
the hbl dummy app has never been updated since it released in 2018. and updating it wouldn't require redoing that anyways.

as long as you don't save Rosalina menu settings a reboot will undo that change, if you save then just open the hbl dummy app and set it as the redirection app again.

Reactions: b2p1mp

b2p1mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the hbl dummy app has never been updated since it released in 2018. and updating it wouldn't require redoing that anyways.

as long as you don't save Rosalina menu settings a reboot will undo that change, if you save then just open the hbl dummy app and set it as the redirection app again.
Thanks for the info. I got all the apps reiinstalled but now there are two Anemone installed (my old one and the new). Also I still have the old Luma Updater app installed which isnt working anymore. I can uninstall these right? Do I do that from in 3ds menu?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I got all the apps reiinstalled but now there are two Anemone installed (my old one and the new). Also I still have the old Luma Updater app installed which isnt working anymore. I can uninstall these right? Do I do that from in 3ds menu?
Do it within fbi, under titles. Not sure how you got two versions of Anemone3DS installed at the same time since when you install a new one it just overwrites the old version..
And btw, for Homebrew Launcher, since now you have fbi installed you can install the latest version of Homebrew Launcher with it, if you think you have an outdated version..
FWIW, switching DP app with Rosalina was just a way to boot into the Homebrew Launcher, since you do that the first time and install fbi, you don't need to do that ever again.

Reactions: b2p1mp

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little question about FBI: when browsing the root of my SD, my “CIAs” folder & a few others are initially hidden, but can be shown by toggling the hidden files option. Just curious if hidden files can be shown by default on launch.
It’s really not a huge inconvenience, it would just be nice to streamline the experience. Thanks so much for any and all helps!

b2p1mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do it within fbi, under titles. Not sure how you got two versions of Anemone3DS installed at the same time since when you install a new one it just overwrites the old version..
And btw, for Homebrew Launcher, since now you have fbi installed you can install the latest version of Homebrew Launcher with it, if you think you have an outdated version..
FWIW, switching DP app with Rosalina was just a way to boot into the Homebrew Launcher, since you do that the first time and install fbi, you don't need to do that ever again.
Thanks. For the info. I just assumed it might be best to use that method of loading Homebrew Launcher to install the new Homebrew Launcher.cia . I wasnt sure if it was wise to update an app that I was booted into.... if that makes sense...

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little question about FBI: when browsing the root of my SD, my “CIAs” folder & a few others are initially hidden, but can be shown by toggling the hidden files option. Just curious if hidden files can be shown by default on launch.
It’s really not a huge inconvenience, it would just be nice to streamline the experience. Thanks so much for any and all helps!
Why do you have the cias folder hidden anyway?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you can hide folders too. I have mine setup like his as well, so I have to toggle hidden folders on every time. it's a good suggestion I think.
I don't see a need for it, for me anyway, if you want to hide a game for whatever reason, i'd put it on a separate folder or delete it if i'm done with it. But since DS games don't take much storage space i just leave them there. I have almost 400 nds games on there including DSiWare games, they're split into multiple folders, fav ones in a folder, ones i'd like to get through etc.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see a need for it, for me anyway, if you want to hide a game for whatever reason, i'd put it on a separate folder or delete it if i'm done with it. But since DS games don't take much storage space i just leave them there. I have almost 400 nds games on there including DSiWare games, they're split into multiple folders, fav ones in a folder, ones i'd like to get through etc.
but this is a folder dedicated to cias, not games. that's why it's hidden.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so you'd hide them once they're installed on the system.. Gotcha.
I hide the folder because it's of no use in twilight menu. it's not really a big deal in fbi, but it would be more convenient. I'm curious why that option even exists unless it was do to twilight menu or maybe it's precursor twloader?

Tayfunx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, i wanted to upgrade my SD Card on my 2ds, can i just copy all the files from my old sd in there and everything works? or do i need to do more like on nintendo switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your honor he thinks he has white privilege
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you rap it, its freedom of speech
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it...