• Views 4,515,534
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to Re-load my NAND backup, after getting to 4.x and running Decrypt9, to start again? I stupidly updated from cart after downgrading to 2.1.0 to 4.x again bc i wanted to see if it would run ZELDA, but now im stuck as to what to do. I dont know what the OTP is, or where it would be after looking on the web at to what it looks like, no new file was made and the website that was supposed to give me a OTP never appeared the way it was supposed to, i still pressed SELECT, but the system never shut off, it just looks like a glitched screen. I shut down by holding down power, but no OTP.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm... Guys, I wanna ask.
I have cfw 3ds and I wanna format it. Will the cfw gone?

thanks x3
If you followed 3ds.guide you should have A9LH and you should have copied Luma3DS' arm9loaderhax.bin into the CTRNAND. If so, you won't lose your CFW

Last edited by W4T4R1,

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What is ctrnand? a9lh and arm9loaderhax.bim and luma3ds is in my sd card. so, is it safe?
The CTRNAND is part of the internal storage of your 3DS (not your SD card, it's exactly the chip inside the console).
For safety, follow this section before formatting: https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
It explains also how to put arm9loaderhax.bin into CTRNAND so that you can boot the 3DS even without SD card (that's the purpose of putting arm9loaderhax.bin inside CTRNAND)

xbeaterz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CTRNAND is part of the internal storage of your 3DS (not your SD card, it's exactly the chip inside the console).
For safety, follow this section before formatting: https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
It explains also how to put arm9loaderhax.bin into CTRNAND so that you can boot the 3DS even without SD card (that's the purpose of putting arm9loaderhax.bin inside CTRNAND)
Oh..!! I see... thank you very much x3

Reactions: W4T4R1

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I lost my only backup of unmodified firmware, 9.2 to be exact. I already made a new one, with a9lh and 11.3.
Question is - how do I remove all modifications from my firmware? I'd say I'm supposed to downgrade it first to 9.2 (is it even possible?), remove/replace some leftover cias and after that remove a9lh.
Is there an easy way to do everything listed up there?

Last edited by vexhash,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I lost my only backup of unmodified firmware, 9.2 to be exact. I already made a new one, with a9lh and 11.3.
Question is - how do I remove all modifications from my firmware? I'd say I'm supposed to downgrade it first to 9.2 (is it even possible?), remove/replace some leftover cias and after that remove a9lh.
Is there an easy way to do everything listed up there?
Actually, you can just delete the installed content, and uninstall A9LH through SafeA9LHInstaller.

Trophies
XP
Is it possible to Re-load my NAND backup, after getting to 4.x and running Decrypt9, to start again? I stupidly updated from cart after downgrading to 2.1.0 to 4.x again bc i wanted to see if it would run ZELDA, but now im stuck as to what to do. I dont know what the OTP is, or where it would be after looking on the web at to what it looks like, no new file was made and the website that was supposed to give me a OTP never appeared the way it was supposed to, i still pressed SELECT, but the system never shut off, it just looks like a glitched screen. I shut down by holding down power, but no OTP.
You need arm9.bin and arm11.bin on your sd card. 3ds.guide

Reactions: Retinal_FAILURE

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick and easy question (I hope)

So, I've installed Luma CFW and Freeshop for a guy I know and he's using a 64GB SD Card formatted to FAT 32k allocation. Games all install through the Freeshop just fine, but, Pokemon Sun/ Moon give him an SD Card error of somekind he told me.

My question is can I download any 'Pokemon Sun.CIA' file and just install that using FBI? There's no extra tickets or seeds I'll need to install is there? It should just run... Right? I don't normally install CIA Games, just use the freeshop hahaha

As I said, it's on Luma CFW and 11.3 (I believe)

Thanks guys!

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Quick and easy question (I hope)

So, I've installed Luma CFW and Freeshop for a guy I know and he's using a 64GB SD Card formatted to FAT 32k allocation. Games all install through the Freeshop just fine, but, Pokemon Sun/ Moon give him an SD Card error of somekind he told me.

My question is can I download any 'Pokemon Sun.CIA' file and just install that using FBI? There's no extra tickets or seeds I'll need to install is there? It should just run... Right? I don't normally install CIA Games, just use the freeshop hahaha

As I said, it's on Luma CFW and 11.3 (I believe)

Thanks guys!
Yes, just install the cia with FBI.

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here is my first 3ds noob question.
I own a New 3DS XL, European one.
Recently i bought Megaman Legacy Collection, and somehow, deep in my mind, this was to easy.
And yes, it didn't work, not showing up in my 3DS.
My 3DS is fully updated but is there a way i can play this game ?
I tried it a while back but all the options that were given, didn't work because the 3DS was updated.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

If the console works and you can boot into D9 through some means then yes, you can flash your existing NAND backup on it. But updating from a cart while on 2.1 is a terrible idea, and there is a chance your console is "bricked". Many people have reported having an issue where after using a cart update on 2.1 caused them to not be able to select anything, ie. launch browser, games, go to settings etc. If you can do those things then good, but if you can't then you're screwed without a hardmod.

Reactions: Retinal_FAILURE

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i got a 4GB sd card, and have a a9lh+luma3ds on a 2ds, and i want to upgrade to a 16gb sd card, can I just copy all the files from the old sd card to the new one? Or are there some special steps?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If i got a 4GB sd card, and have a a9lh+luma3ds on a 2ds, and i want to upgrade to a 16gb sd card, can I just copy all the files from the old sd card to the new one? Or are there some special steps?
Simply copy and paste everything, if you didn't create an emunand after following the guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1