• Views 4,475,600
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

dvdrip

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really. emuNAND is at 8.1.0-19E
I got one of the EU early Smash Bros demo codes and downloaded it on my EU 3DS. Every time I try to launch it either in gateway mode or in classic mode it freezes right after the 3DS/Nintendo boot logo. Both screens are black and I can only escape by holding the power until it turns off.

So relieved that I'm not the only one in this case. I'm a big noob so pardon me if some of my though are stupid:

- I saw that some gateway users run the SSB demo whithout any problem. Might it be because they have 3DS XL while I have a classic one ?

- Might it be because of the SD card inside the classic 3DS that is a 2GB whereas the one in the XL is a 4GB ?

- Might it be because some of us have clones of Gateway cards (I already had this problem back to Smash Bros Brawl and my wiikey which happened to be a clone and could not launch Brawl). ?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So relieved that I'm not the only one in this case. I'm a big noob so pardon me if some of my though are stupid:

- I saw that some gateway users run the SSB demo whithout any problem. Might it be because they have 3DS XL while I have a classic one ?

- Might it be because of the SD card inside the classic 3DS that is a 2GB whereas the one in the XL is a 4GB ?

- Might it be because some of us have clones of Gateway cards (I already had this problem back to Smash Bros Brawl and my wiikey which happened to be a clone and could not launch Brawl). ?

You're overthinking it, especially because the actual game itself will be out within a day.

1 - No, having a classic 3DS instead of an XL makes no difference what so ever.

2 The size of the SD card is irrelevant, aslong as it can fit the demo and it's genuine.

3 I doubt it, most users are aware by now if they have clone cards and GateWay put measures in their updates to stop clones working (unless that was just for classic mode?)

But either way, you're overthinking everything dude, the nfo will be here before you know it, everybody will have it and if anybody has any problems, myself and you included, I'm sure there will be a thread to help us out :)

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have some left over 8 GB MicroSD cards because of back when Gateway wasn't multi-rom featured. I want to use one of these plus an adapter, that way my 3DS XL will have an 8GB Class 10 "SD" card in it for storage of anything I want.

How would I go about transferring my EmuNAND partition from one SD card to the other? Would the adapter even work to have the 3DS use the faster + larger capacity (Micro)SD card?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: Alright I'm a moron... I think the EmuNAND tool will do this just fine for me. Thanks!

Skymin50

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I were to get into 3DS Flashcards, what would be the best option to start? I can't do Gateway since I have the most recent firmware on my 3DS, and it blows.

Skymin50

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scratch the above post, is there any way to REVERT firmwares before modifying a 3DS, or am I simply blown until they release for higher versions up, which most likely will not happen?

Rhog45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey quick question I have the R4i gold deluxe edition and my firmware is 4.0b2. I tried running Tomadachi life but it always stops at the 3ds logo.

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I used the search bar but I couldn't find a relevant thread to my question and didn't feel it warranted its own thread. I want to learn how to remove a header for a personal dump I made so that I can share it with someone else without risk of them having the same header as me (since they would use it for other games of theirs and I don't want that). I found the guide for how to take scene dumps online, but I could figure out from it how to use it to remove headers. Thank you for any responses.

AlexanderTF

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not really a hacker, but Since I've got the 3ds the fact that the region lock exists was a real pain in the ... well you know... fact is some games are in other regions and never planed for release elsewhere, and I prefer having a box with the game in it, it just look better, so after ordering Shin Megami Tensei 4 I found that there was no way of playing it, but I looked through the Eu region and found that there are no NA or Asia countries in the list, is that the only limit to this region lock? If that would be the case, wouldn't there be a way to just transfer the missing regions and by pass the lock by just adding the missing data by copying it from another Nintendo 3ds avoiding any issues, since it is NINTENDO data transfered from a 3ds to a 3ds it wouldn't be illegal, since its already part of the nintendo software...

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not really a hacker, but Since I've got the 3ds the fact that the region lock exists was a real pain in the ... well you know... fact is some games are in other regions and never planed for release elsewhere, and I prefer having a box with the game in it, it just look better, so after ordering Shin Megami Tensei 4 I found that there was no way of playing it, but I looked through the Eu region and found that there are no NA or Asia countries in the list, is that the only limit to this region lock? If that would be the case, wouldn't there be a way to just transfer the missing regions and by pass the lock by just adding the missing data by copying it from another Nintendo 3ds avoiding any issues, since it is NINTENDO data transfered from a 3ds to a 3ds it wouldn't be illegal, since its already part of the nintendo software...

Region lock applies to hardware & software aswell as updates and applications.

AlexanderTF

Trophies
XP
Country
so theres a likelihood it would crash?... but wait a second, if the 3ds can only be accessed through the SD card, is there a way to make a cable link of a usb cord end with a SD card computable design, to access the system ...

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
so theres a likelihood it would crash?... but wait a second, if the 3ds can only be accessed through the SD card, is there a way to make a cable link of a usb cord end with a SD card computable design, to access the system ...

Forget it, it does not work this way.
If you want to bypass region lock, you should get 4.x firmware console and Gateway. Or wait for homebrew launcher from Smealum and then wait and see if he’d be able to enable region lock bypass (he doesn’t know if it’s possible yet).

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does anyone know if you can use a Pokébank downloaded from the US eShop with an European Pokémon X ROM? Because I can't find any US ROM of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu