Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone!! I wanted to ask a question, when I finished the downgrade with the fieldrunners game and the softmod , I proceed to install luma and all that things , then I do it all fine but when I tried to play SSB or mh4 the screen of my o3ds became black and I couldn't get to the home menu so I was forced to power off my o3ds , what is happening?? the other games I have installed are running without any problems , I have luma 5.5 , there is any solution?? :(:(
Try waiting a good few minutes - the console had to restart itself after playing high-memory games.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't been on this site in about 5 months, so I have 3 devices I need help with as I know there are much newer methods

1) Old 3DS which has sysNand on 9.2 and RXTools emuNand on 10.5

2) N3DSXL which also has sysNand on 9.2 and RXtools emuNand on 10.5.

3) brand new, unopened 2DS. No idea what firmware it has.

I'm curious what you would do for each of these devices. The firmware I have still does that screen flashy thing when it boots up. I still find it annoying, but I saw something called arm9, not sure if that gets rid of that.

Any advice would be appreciated.
For the first two, if you wish, you can update to Luma3DS and update their emuNANDs (easiest but not the best hack). For the third one, definitely install a9lh. Better option for the first two is a9lh but probably switch to Luma first. Pay attention to the bit at the bottom of the first page which says what to do if you're already running menuhax.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Reactions: Shadx

kwall24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

So I've been doing some quick reading and wanted to clarify a few things that I think I know but may be totally wrong. I haven't bought a device yet.

1 - Looking at buying a 2DS. Does a specific firmware make things easier for softmods?

2 - I've hacked my Wii and bricked it a time or two, but it had BootMii to restore the NAND. As I understand it, a 3DS/2DS has to be hardmodded to restore the NAND to a bricked unit, correct? No softmods?

3 - A flashcart (like Gateway) would still need a softmod/hardmod to work, is that right? Can you use an SD card in the SD slot on the device instead of a flashcart? Is there any benefit to one over the other (aside from cheats, i don't care about them)?

4 - Saves have me confused. They don't actually save to the device like normal, but need to be saved onto the SD card, and then upon exit the softmod/flashcard moves it to the device, right?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but there's a lot to the 3DS. A lot more than the Wii, at least. I don't care about the homebrew, just roms and saves

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
does anyone have a a way of downgrading new3ds 11.0 to 10.7 without hardmod?
Yes, DSiWare downgrade using a second, hacked, 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi all,

So I've been doing some quick reading and wanted to clarify a few things that I think I know but may be totally wrong. I haven't bought a device yet.

1 - Looking at buying a 2DS. Does a specific firmware make things easier for softmods?

2 - I've hacked my Wii and bricked it a time or two, but it had BootMii to restore the NAND. As I understand it, a 3DS/2DS has to be hardmodded to restore the NAND to a bricked unit, correct? No softmods?

3 - A flashcart (like Gateway) would still need a softmod/hardmod to work, is that right? Can you use an SD card in the SD slot on the device instead of a flashcart? Is there any benefit to one over the other (aside from cheats, i don't care about them)?

4 - Saves have me confused. They don't actually save to the device like normal, but need to be saved onto the SD card, and then upon exit the softmod/flashcard moves it to the device, right?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but there's a lot to the 3DS. A lot more than the Wii, at least. I don't care about the homebrew, just roms and saves
1. Yes. Two things to avoid: 11.0 firmware (the latest) and anything 9.0 or greater that also has less than -20 at the end (e.g. 10.2-19). This way you don't have to buy anything to hack it.
2. Once you have installed a9lh, you get the same benefits as BootMii - can restore backups with no hardmod.
3. If you don't care about cheats, then Gateway has zero benefit for you as it has the same firmware requirements as CFW.
4. Don't get a flashcart. You can use a homebrew called JKSM to backup and restore saves any time.

Reactions: OrGoN3

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, DSiWare downgrade using a second, hacked, 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. Yes. Two things to avoid: 11.0 firmware (the latest) and anything 9.0 or greater that also has less than -20 at the end (e.g. 10.2-19). This way you don't have to buy anything to hack it.
2. Once you have installed a9lh, you get the same benefits as BootMii - can restore backups with no hardmod.
3. If you don't care about cheats, then Gateway has zero benefit for you as it has the same firmware requirements as CFW.
4. Don't get a flashcart. You can use a homebrew called JKSM to backup and restore saves any time.
Do you have a tutorial that i can look at? because i dont know how to do it

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install legit CIAs (a limited list of about 15-20) using NASA on 10.7 or less firmware.
thats why i was asking to downgrade because im on 11.0 and i cant downgrade because i dont have another system with emuNAND or RedNAND and i dont have gateway and i dont wanna hardmod

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I'm using freeshop and CIAngel, it's downloading very slowly. Im using both my O3DS and N3DS. It's installing 18kb/s. Is it messing up today or is it my internet. The past few days it was downloading at normal speed

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
thats why i was asking to downgrade because im on 11.0 and i cant downgrade because i dont have another system with emuNAND or RedNAND and i dont have gateway and i dont wanna hardmod
Well I'd like to breathe water like a fish or fly like a bird but that's not happening either :-p

Reactions: zazor5000

zazor5000

professional normie
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
When I'm using freeshop and CIAngel, it's downloading very slowly. Im using both my O3DS and N3DS. It's installing 18kb/s. Is it messing up today or is it my internet. The past few days it was downloading at normal speed
it happened to me today too.my internet is pretty normal but it downloaded at 200 kb/s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it's just in an empty open space, like outside at night or the backrooms, depending on the...