• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

i just "downgraded" from 10.7 to 9.2 however during the downgrade it said an error has occuered please turn of the power blabla. To my suprise when i restarted it it appears to be on 9.2, how can i be 100% sure its on a fully working 9.2 though?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

i just "downgraded" from 10.7 to 9.2 however during the downgrade it said an error has occuered please turn of the power blabla. To my suprise when i restarted it it appears to be on 9.2, how can i be 100% sure its on a fully working 9.2 though?
use PlaiSysUpdater again to finish the downgrade.

MightyBalloni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I installed A9LH + CFW on my o3DSXL and tried out *.cia installs via FBI. Seemed to work fine but one title (Ultimate NES Remix) wouldn't start and just crash with the "An error has occured" bottom screen. Tried a reinstall of the cia, same error.
What could the reasons be for this? What I think (imho) is it might be a) the cia, b) the installation of it via FBI, or c) something else I'm unaware of.
as for a) I will try to obtain a different one.
b) I've seen people argue about what cia installer you should use, many claiming BigBlueMenu being the best, but most on GBAtemp saying one should use FBI. What's the deal here?

Thanks for your help :)

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I need to upgrade my oothax to 9.2, but everytime i try to update it i get the following error:

downloading payload
Something went wrong :(
Failed to open http context
Error code: d8a0a01e

does anyone know how to fix?

Xclusiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys,
I just bought a 2ds with a supercard dstwo+.
Unfortunately enough it has 10.7.0-32E on it and the dstwo+ can run 3ds games at 9.2 max so i came to the conclusion that i have to downgrade.
I have been scrolling through all the available forums for a few hours now but i'm only getting more confused so i hope someone can help me with this in noob language.
What i understood from the noob friendly guide, i need to get a homebrew entrypoint and i can get this by for example getting ninja cubes (Way too expensive atm) Or freakyforms deluxe (More affordable)
Can anyone please confirm to me that i can downgrade my 2ds to 9.2 with freakyforms deluxe and that i dont have to buy/use other hardware like a already hacked 2ds?

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok thats 1266 pages, I haven't readed them all.
Do I understand it right, that there is no need to use a flashcard anymore if you install a CFW on the 3DS and you can launch roms from the SD card?

DoHxBoY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what forum this would go under.. so I guess I'll ask it here :D

So, what is the worst that can happen by installing a CIA from a source that isn't CIAngel or Freeshop?

What should I expect/look out for?

There is a specific one I was looking for, that I found elsewhere, but not sure if I should trust it... Otherwise, is there another option for trusted CIAs?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thats 1266 pages, I haven't readed them all.
Do I understand it right, that there is no need to use a flashcard anymore if you install a CFW on the 3DS and you can launch roms from the SD card?
A flashcart is only needed to play downloaded DS games from your SD card. With CFW, you can play 3DS games in .cia format after they've been installed to your system, not from the SD card.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A flashcart is only needed to play downloaded DS games from your SD card. With CFW, you can play 3DS games in .cia format after they've been installed to your system, not from the SD card.

That means if I own a R4 (the original thing for the Nintendo DS (not3DS)) I can play DS games on the 3DS and there is no need for such a card? Or do I need such a card to install the .cia files?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm trying to convert .3ds to .cia and having trouble. Following this guide https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...s_and_converting_3ds/?st=ir6g5kf9&sh=97ed642a

But it doesn't really tell you where to put anything on your sd card specifically, and I don't know if the ncchinfo.bin I am making is good cause it's only 2 kb. But when I open decrpyt9 in hbc and run ncch padgen it gives me the following errors

Opening seeddb.bin
Could not open seeddb.bin
9.x seed crypt will fail
Opening ncchinfo.bin
Could not open ncchinfo.bin
NCCH Paden: failed!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That means if I own a R4 (the original thing for the Nintendo DS (not3DS)) I can play DS games on the 3DS and there is no need for such a card? Or do I need such a card to install the .cia files?

A R4 card for ds is just that a card that plays ds games it does nothing for 3ds some original ds carts work in 3ds some dont. As far as playing 3ds games you dont need a flash cart at all as long as you're on the correct firmware what is your firmware? (its in system settings) If you're on the newest 11.0 you can't play 3ds roms.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.