• Views 4,569,318
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm planning to have my 2DS hardmodded and downgraded to 9.2.0 (as I cannot do hardmodding and can only handle the software side of things), do I need to follow any specific step if I'm gonna put CFW myself after the downgrade?

Last edited by ShikaSan,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

what is A9LH? For what is it used? Any Benefit for 9.0 E New3DS?
100% bootrate, CFW on SysNAND, and access to recovery tools such as Decrypt9, EmuNAND9, Hourglass9 and such at cold-boot.

Up to you if it's worth the time, risk and effort to setup.
Guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I personally think it is, and the risk is like 0.01% if you know how to read and follow each step to the letter. If you deviate and start doing steps in your own way, then you only have yourself to blame if you brick.

The Guide basically handholds people through the whole process and setup. So it's pretty noob-friendly and 99.99% safe.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to have my 2DS hardmodded and downgraded to 9.2.0 (as I cannot do hardmodding and can only handle the software side of things), do I need to follow any specific step if I'm gonna put CFW myself after the downgrade?
You want to follow this section first, after you have gotten a proper hardmod on your system. Keep in mind that you'll need a cartridge based exploit in place of Part 1 of the A9LH Guide.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100% bootrate, CFW on SysNAND, and access to recovery tools such as Decrypt9, EmuNAND9, Hourglass9 and such at cold-boot.

Up to you if it's worth the time, risk and effort to setup.
Guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I personally think it is, and the risk is like 0.01% if you know how to read and follow each step to the letter. If you deviate and start doing steps in your own way, then you only have yourself to blame if you brick.

The Guide basically handholds people through the whole process and setup. So it's pretty noob-friendly and 99.99% safe.
So what to do with the 0.01% Fail rate? Flip it off? :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the 0.01% is mainly user error tbh. If you follow the guide, you're basically brick-proof. Nothing is really guaranteed though so you can't say 100.
Glad to know is 0.01% The fault of humans. Lol. Just shows us how we are not perfect, nothing is 100% :shy:

I was curious about the luma Configuration for the clock setting. Apperently the guide reccomends setting it to Clock + L2 (Whatever that means) But some people say some games don't work with that setting and if you encounter that just turn it off. What eaxctly causes that problem and why would the guide recommend a setting that causes problems for playing games? :blink:

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Follow the A9LH install guide.

Thanks!

You want to follow this section first, after you have gotten a proper hardmod on your system. Keep in mind that you'll need a cartridge based exploit in place of Part 1 of the A9LH Guide.

Also, thanks. BTW another question since I'm on 11.0 with Basicsploit as my primary entrypoint, for example I would install basehaxx right before the downgrade, can I use it as my entrypoint for HBL? Will the downgrade process delete or somehow modify the modified ORAS save file?

Last edited by ShikaSan,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what to do with the 0.01% Fail rate? Flip it off? :P
I think the 0.01% is mainly user error tbh. If you follow the guide, you're basically brick-proof. Nothing is really guaranteed though so you can't say 100.

Those unlucky few usually find out when they downgrade to 2.1. It's quite rare, but there have been a few who have claimed to have done everything down to the letter and had OTPHelper verify and say everything was good, and they still black-screened bricked once they booted into 2.1. However, I am not sure how accurate these reports have been, so take it as grain of salt. And to quote the guide.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Before beginning the guide, you must know the risks of 3DS hacking: EVERY time you modify your system, there is always the potential for an UNRECOVERABLE brick. They're rare, but still a possibility so make sure you follow ALL directions EXACTLY.

So don't go saying it's 100%.

Also, thanks. BTW another question since I'm on 11.0 with Basicsploit as my primary entrypoint, for example I would install basehaxx right before the downgrade, can I use it as my entrypoint for HBL? Will the downgrade process delete or somehow will modify the modified ORAS save file?
Well, yeah, should be able to. And no, the downgrade shouldn't modify the ORAS save file at all. Assuming cartridge based. Doubt it do it on a digital version either though.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, yeah, should be able to. And no, the downgrade shouldn't modify the ORAS save file at all. Assuming cartridge based. Doubt it do it on a digital version either though.

Ah, good to hear, as I have no 2nd 2DS or 3DS to work with. I should be set then, and yes, I have an OR game cart.

Thanks for the info!

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, good to hear, as I have no 2nd 2DS or 3DS to work with. I should be set then, and yes, I have an OR game cart.

Thanks for the info!
Just make sure to make 2-3 NAND backups with your Hardmod prior to doing the Hardmod Downgrade.

Then just use basehaxx and hopefully you downgrade successfully to 9.2. If for any reason you soft-brick, check to make sure if it's frakenfirmware by removing the SD Card and trying to boot into it, from there you'd probably want to try to run the downgrader again. If it's a complete soft-brick, you'll want to flash back your working NAND and do a system format before attempting the downgrade and you should be good to go from there.

With a hardmod, as long as you have valid working NAND dumps, you basically have a lot more flexibility with messing things up.

Reactions: ShikaSan

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make sure to make 2-3 NAND backups with your Hardmod prior to doing the Hardmod Downgrade.

Then just use basehaxx and hopefully you downgrade successfully to 9.2. If for any reason you soft-brick, check to make sure if it's frakenfirmware by removing the SD Card and trying to boot into it, from there you'd probably want to try to run the downgrader again. If it's a complete soft-brick, you'll want to flash back your working NAND and do a system format before attempting the downgrade and you should be good to go from there.

With a hardmod, as long as you have valid working NAND dumps, you basically have a lot more flexibility with messing things up.
  1. BACKUP NAND
  2. FORMAT
  3. BACKUP NAND
  4. FORMAT
  5. REPEAT
Like she said, it should help. Just do what the guide says okay? Mostly DO NOT FORGET BACKUPS.
Yes they take long time and consume lots of storage space, but Really important if you wanna keep your data and progress through the process. Organize them, and keep them as much as possible. Just like she said. PLEASE DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. Many people regret it. :(

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But... I'm not the one doing the hardmod, should I ask the modder for copies of my NAND before going home?
If your sevice supplier is doing this, then you shouldn't worry unless they do not know what they are doing, so just remind them or ask questions okay? :)

Better safe than sorry.

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your sevice supplier is doing this, then you shouldn't worry unless they do not know what they are doing, so just remind them or ask questions okay? :)

Better safe than sorry.

Will do, thanks for all the info so far, guys. :yay3ds:

Let's just hope I don't piss the service supplier off, or charge me extra for the questions. :rofl:

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Let's just hope I don't piss the service supplier off, or charge me extra for the questions. :rofl:
I mean, once the hardmod is installed, you can do your own NAND backups. Some harmod installers even offer to do the whole A9LH process, it just depends on the hardmod installer and how they charge for everything.

Reactions: suparnemo

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I mean, once the hardmod is installed, you can do your own NAND backups. Some harmod installers even offer to do the whole A9LH process, it just depends on the hardmod installer and how they charge for everything.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, how can I do my own NAND backups? And I only have the budget for the hardmod, that's why I'm gonna install the CFW myself. They charge extra for CFW installation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, atleast it wasnt that bad
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but i can't let a mediocre pizza bring me down, just around this time last month i made that cheesecake
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it