• Views 4,511,189
  • Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A way to have plugins in the background. Eg for cheats or streaming or overclocking. It's not a full CFW by itself, it's intended to be used in conjunction with another.
Thanks, so I finished all instruductions on the guide and looks I succeded. How can I install "cia" games now? Is there any guide for that?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, so I finished all instruductions on the guide and looks I succeded. How can I install "cia" games now? Is there any guide for that?
Put the cia file on the root of your SD, go to FBI which is injected in your health and safety app, select it with arrow keys and press A to install. You can now install freeShop or CIAngel to make it really quick to get games.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember when it told you to use FBI to install TinyFormat.cia and hblauncher_loader.cia and the other .cia tools. Well you basically do it like that.

How do you get .CIA games tho? You get them from that iso site, or you dump your own games.
Tutorial I wrote on dumping your 3DS games and converting them to .cia
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...o-cia-plus-extracting-private-headers.432600/

Otherwise use freeShop+enctitlekeyupdater - You'll need to install these .cia files via FBI, but from there, you'll be using freeShop to download the games (Note that freeShop doesn't have every game out there, it's basically community driven, someone has to have contributed the required files for the game and stuff)
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-freeshop-open-source-eshop-clone.426573/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-enctitlekeysupdater-for-freeshop.429912/

Reactions: methamz

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to find out if your nand back up is damaged or smthn?
You'll need to use Hourglass9, as well as have the NAND backup on your SD card, and you have that, load up Hourglass9, and just select "Validate NAND Dump" and it should tell you if it's good or not.

If you use Decrypt9WIP, instead of Hourglass9, it'll be in SysNAND Options -> SysNAND Backup//Restore... -> Validate NAND Dump or EmuNAND Options -> EmuNAND Backup//Restore... -> Validate NAND Dump.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Hey all, long time no see.
It's been a really long time since I've played with my 3DS, too. Just now I tried to boot it and while it does run everything OK, when Im in gateway mode I press Select and nothing happens. What could have gone wrong? Help ;_;

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put the cia file on the root of your SD, go to FBI which is injected in your health and safety app, select it with arrow keys and press A to install. You can now install freeShop or CIAngel to make it really quick to get games.
Okay, thanks again, and for last, how can I run ds/dsi games now?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks again, and for last, how can I run ds/dsi games now?
DSi games, you just install them as .CIA files. They should also be available on freeShop (again, only if it's been contributed to) - Otherwise, you'll have to find it on that iso site or something.

DS games, you'll need a DS Flashcart. I recommend this one as I've heard pretty good things about it, but I personally use a DSTwo, which is a lot more pricey because it also does GBA//SNES emulation.
Link: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

There is a DS Emulator in the works for the 3DS, but it'll probably be exclusive to N3DS only. It's also WIP so don't expect much out of it even if you do have an N3DS.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-3desmume-ds-emulator-for-3ds.430223/

Reactions: methamz

Anna.s

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i have an O3DS with firmware 7.2.0-0E
How do i do to run CFW on this one? All guides i have fund is for firmware 9.0-9.2

RazR

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
I have an old 3DS, with luma cfw, with sysnand 11.0 and trying to play online with Pokemon Omega Ruby. I can connect to eshop, but it says server maintenance (001-0180) every time I try to connect in game for the past 2 days. I'm thinking it's more than server maintenance.
Other details - it's a US console, while I'm not in the US. It's a legit & online cia (at least it said so), and I also installed the eshop update for the game.

Is there any fix?

Thanks (and sorry for being another Pokemon noob, couldn't find the issue in search)

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is there a way to "semi legitimatly" transfer your pokemon from platinum/black to xy/oras from a R4 card?

Also, how can i restore my omega ruby save file with jksm, when i restore it i get the corrupt save data error.

Last edited by Nickm23,

SoulSplicer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Im at the stage where I need to backup sysnand and emunand, but there is no .sha files to be found. Im fairly certain that I have all the newest version if someone could please help.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, Im at the stage where I need to backup sysnand and emunand, but there is no .sha files to be found. Im fairly certain that I have all the newest version if someone could please help.

You can safely not worry about them, if you check the filesizes and are confident the backups you have taken are good.

phantom7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey everyone, I haven't been up to date with the Gateway 3ds updates for around 2 years now. I've occasionally been playing on my O3DSXL with 4.5 sysnand and emunand GW3D 9.4. I recently got a new3DSXL stock 9.9. I was checking if the 9.9 new3ds works with the Gateway 3ds cart? The official website mentions 'Works on 2DS, 3DS & 3DS XL firmware up to 10.7 with 11.0 workability' but I'm still confused and no guide for me to follow?

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,

I'm sorry if my question has already been answered, but I can't find anything that matches the issue i'm facing...

I followed the Plailect tutorial (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/) and I'm currently stucked at part 3 step 26:
  • Reinstall menuhax on SysNAND as the format will have removed it
  • Boot RedNAND
  • Open System Settings
  • If you do not see "Emu" in front of the version number, then you are not on RedNAND. DO NOT UPDATE, FIND WHAT WENT WRONG
My 3DS is rebooting and EMU is not written in the system settings, and I have followed all steps religiously :D What may be the problem ? How do in find "what went wrong" ?

Thank you a lot in advance for any answer !

I have the same problem, i made the redNAND, reinstalled menuhax and tinyformat sysNAND, boot Luma CFW with the string option on and it boots to sysNAND, i tried creating redNAND again, same problem, i tried creating an emuNAND instead, no results even though EmuNAND9 says it exists.
At first i thought it was a bug with Luma not displaying "emu" instead of "Ver." even though its on RedNAND, but i tested several builds of Luma and i could tell it went to sysNAND everytime.

Very strange i have no idea what went wrong...

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My goodness, I finally did it! Had a few bumps in the road but following this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki , I now have my old 3DS XL modded with A9LH and Luma. A big roadblock I hit was at one point, towards the end, I had to hold 'Y' boot to load into EmuNAND9 and no matter what, it wasn't working. I re-read the guide 5 times and searched everywhere for an answer then I realized I made a mistake....... in the guide, it clearly says to "rename EmuNAND9.bin to y_EmuNAND9.bin" and place it in the Payloads dir. Well, despite re-reading the guide 5 times, I missed that part. In my defense, it was with a few other copy/rename steps and I just missed it. I mean, the EmuNAND9.bin was in the right dir, I just forgot to rename it. :)

While this was a more difficult journey then just buying a GW or Sky3DS, it was cheaper (and fairly time consuming). I think I spent 3-4 hours on this little project. But, it was free. :)

Installing CIA files isn't tooooooooooo slow vs. just dragging and dropping for use with the Sky3DS but then again, I have $100 in my pocket vs. buying a Sky3DS. Heck, I might even run out and buy a new 3DSXL while they're still shipping with a hackable firmware.

I have an original 3DS I might also hack. It too is on 9.20. Maybe flash it then sell it and buy a new XL?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P