pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know why I cant play online with Super Smash Bros even though the private header works and the redNand is on the latest firmware? Keep getting error code 002-0119.

I can play Mario Kart 7 just fine on the redNand. But for some reason this game wont
Your cart manufacturer is prob wrong for smash. Try changing it to one of the others.

AE, C2, and 45

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's the guide i followed to upgrade to 9.2 and install HBL and Menuhax. So I should just keep going basically. Then the question is. Do you have an estimate on how long it will take I heard that the OTP extraction thingie took quite a long time and I suspect that it would be a very bad idea to not follow everything through in one go. And since I work and goes to school, my time is quite limited for doing fun stuff like this.

You should do everything in one go. It took me about 3-4 hours. Most of the time is spent waiting for the backups to be made and downgrading. Do it when you have a free day, not at night (unless you are very alert at night too) as you are bound to make mistakes when you're tired.

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The noobiest of noob questions: help me find something?

I hard bricked my n3dsxl with a failed a9lh and want to put my backup NAND on it. I've found tutorials for all the other hardware, but not the n3dsxl.

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The noobiest of noob questions: help me find something?

I hard bricked my n3dsxl with a failed a9lh and want to put my backup NAND on it. I've found tutorials for all the other hardware, but not the n3dsxl.

Failed A9LH? Do you don't have access to decrypt9? The only way to recover from your hard brick is a hard mod I'm afraid.

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Failed A9LH? Do you don't have access to decrypt9? The only way to recover from your hard brick is a hard mod I'm afraid.
No, that's what I'm saying. It's the black screen that doesn't turn off. Nothing will boot no matter the buttons held.

I know it needs a hard mod. But I can't find instructions specifically for a N3DS XL for how to hardmod and backup restore it.

Basically, where do I get the hardmod/backup restore instructions for a N3DS XL?

I've looked around and am stuck. Everything I'm seeing is for an O3DS or o3DSXL.

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, that's what I'm saying. It's the black screen that doesn't turn off. Nothing will boot no matter the buttons held.

I know it needs a hard mod. But I can't find instructions specifically for a N3DS XL for how to hardmod and backup restore it.

Basically, where do I get the hardmod/backup restore instructions for a N3DS XL?

I've looked around and am stuck. Everything I'm seeing is for an O3DS or o3DSXL.

Silly question; have you tried turning it on without the SD card?

If you want some info in hardmodding, I can only link you to the hardmodders. You can try messaging them.

Zappline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should do everything in one go. It took me about 3-4 hours. Most of the time is spent waiting for the backups to be made and downgrading. Do it when you have a free day, not at night (unless you are very alert at night too) as you are bound to make mistakes when you're tired.

This is good advice, doing stuff like this when tired is just not a good way of doing it. I also sent you a PM or "New Conversation" as its also called. If this is out of line please tell me, but I thought it would be a bit easier to communicate with you like that. I also have a couple of other questions so not to mix everything up it might be simpler (at least for me) to have a more private conversation.

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is good advice, doing stuff like this when tired is just not a good way of doing it. I also sent you a PM or "New Conversation" as its also called. If this is out of line please tell me, but I thought it would be a bit easier to communicate with you like that. I also have a couple of other questions so not to mix everything up it might be simpler (at least for me) to have a more private conversation.

No problem! I'm glad to help! I just replied :)

Last edited by Temarile,
D

Deleted User

Didn't want to post a thread for this - does anyone know where I can find .cakes patches for CakesFW? Using GBATemp's search bar has not been fruitful, nor has Google's.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Didn't want to post a thread for this - does anyone know where I can find .cakes patches for CakesFW? Using GBATemp's search bar has not been fruitful, nor has Google's.
They are all in the cakes thread. I know there was talk about a site for them but not sure if it got made.

Reactions: Deleted User

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Immensely exhausted from trial and error... I'm on a downgraded N3DS @ 9.2.0-U SysNAND. I was able unlink my EmuNAND and decided to update to 10.7.0 through its system settings. After it did its update it prompted my system to reboot, although EmuNAND never rebooted. SysNAND is still on 9.2.0; I spent the last three hours trying to troubleshoot it and just finally decided to format my micro SD and begin anew. I completed the EmuNAND setup and had Rxtools complete it's initial install... Now my problem is it will not boot EmuNAND at all... Have I missed something?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Immensely exhausted from trial and error... I'm on a downgraded N3DS @ 9.2.0-U SysNAND. I was able unlink my EmuNAND and decided to update to 10.7.0 through its system settings. After it did its update it prompted my system to reboot, although EmuNAND never rebooted. SysNAND is still on 9.2.0; I spent the last three hours trying to troubleshoot it and just finally decided to format my micro SD and begin anew. I completed the EmuNAND setup and had Rxtools complete it's initial install... Now my problem is it will not boot EmuNAND at all... Have I missed something?
Ditch rxtools it has issued with n3ds emunand over 9.6. Use one of the other cfw like aureinand, reinand, or cakes.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Is there a way to prevent NTR CFW from shutting down when opening Super Smash Bros, MH4 or any game that requires a reboot? O3DS btw

Last edited by FTRBND,

Lynx_7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm having a weird experience with blargSnes (cia) on my O3DS. I can load it normally and play a compatible game just fine the first time I boot the emulator, but whenever I close it and try to boot the emulator again it just... doesn't work anymore. It shows me a black screen and that's it. If I plug my SD card into my computer and delete the "blargSnes.ini" file then the emulator works just fine once again. I guess it's not a deal breaker since I could just delete the ini file whenever I know I'm going to use the emulator, but it's still a hassle and I'd have to commit to only SNES titles once every trip since more than that (like, trying to play a 3DS/GBA game and then go back to snes) would net me a black screen.

Is there any way for me to fix this? I'm using A9HL AuReiNand on my SysNand (10.7.0-32U)
On a related note, would it be possible to just use VC Snes cias or are those only compatible with the N3DS?

Last edited by Lynx_7,

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm having a weird experience with blargSnes (cia) on my O3DS. I can load it normally and play a compatible game just fine the first time I boot the emulator, but whenever I close it and try to boot the emulator again it just... doesn't work anymore. It shows me a black screen and that's it. If I plug my SD card into my computer and delete the "blargSnes.ini" file then the emulator works just fine once again. I guess it's not a deal breaker since I could just delete the ini file whenever I know I'm going to use the emulator, but it's still a hassle and I'd have to commit to only SNES titles once every trip since more than that (like, trying to play a 3DS/GBA game and then go back to snes) would net me a black screen.

Is there any way for me to fix this? I'm using A9HL AuReiNand on my SysNand (10.7.0-32U)
On a related note, would it be possible to just use VC Snes cias or are those only compatible with the N3DS?
Not sure how to fix it but some tips. Use ctrxplorer so you can delete the file from the 3ds without having to put the sd card into your PC. The vc snes games only work on the n3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always feel like the total should be higher... Like I feel like I forgot to buy something