3DS NES Ambassador Program games will add multiplayer

naruses

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i27934.jpg

Nintendo really wants to make it up to those of you who already shelled out $250 for the 3DS, in light of the looming $80 price drop. You probably already knew that you'd be getting a pile of free NES games on September 1st, but you can also expect them to be updated and improved going forward. These aren't going to be half-hearted ports that get pushed out to early adopters, riddled with bugs, and forgotten. Sometime later this year, they'll be offered as payed versions through the eShop with features like multiplayer simultaneous play. The best part? Those eligible for the Ambassador Program will get free upgrades to retail version. One feature we can tell you wont be added though, is 3D -- the classic titles like Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. will remain blissfully two-dimensional. [/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
And it'll probably only be local multiplayer. *sigh* While it's better than none in the first place, it sucks for people who don't know anyone IRL with a 3DS, like myself.

I'm just happy for the free games anyways. The list for the NES and GBA games so far is great.

D

Deleted_171835

swimmeringer said:
"Those eligible for the Ambassador Program will get free upgrades to retail version."

Can anyone clarify what this means please?
If you're part of the Ambassador program, you'll get an update to the retail version when it's released (which will have multiplayer).

It would be awesome if Nintendo somehow manages to incorporate online multiplayer but we all know that's probably not happening. Oh well.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My beef with this program is that they stated that the games you acquire from the ambassador program won't have the ability to be transferred between 3DSs.

I've been contemplating returning mine because of the top screen scratching itself due to the bottom screen.

But I dunno, guess i'll have to wait and see.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cablephish said:
My beef with this program is that they stated that the games you acquire from the ambassador program won't have the ability to be transferred between 3DSs.

I've been contemplating returning mine because of the top screen scratching itself due to the bottom screen.

But I dunno, guess i'll have to wait and see.
Why don't you just put some foam tape around the edges of the touch screen? Problem solved. I'll be doing the same if I ever notice any scratches. (Closest thing I ever get are 2 lines of gunk from the bottom screen getting on the top screen.)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If the multiplayer is local-only I wouldn't blame Nintendo. Yes emulators have netplay ,but people who use emulators tend to know a bit more about technology than the average gamer, and they can comprehend the basic issue of internet latency causing problems.

The average person won't, and will expect something they bought to play online with no issues...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Off topic but how do you actually get this ambassador thing? I went into the eShop and it just looks ordinary

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
chris888222 said:
Off topic but how do you actually get this ambassador thing? I went into the eShop and it just looks ordinary
The stuff will be available in september -.-

all you have to do is connect to e-shop. There wont be any message or anything popping out, telling you that you are an Ambassador NOW or anything.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Tanveer said:
chris888222 said:
The stuff will be available in september -.-

all you have to do is connect to e-shop. There wont be any message or anything popping out, telling you that you are an Ambassador NOW or anything.
No message? Geez... I at first thought that you need to be a member or something. My bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1