Homebrew [3DS] mGBA Alpha 1v Released

mGBA/CitrAGB/Reroarch gPSP, What do you like.

• Total voters

SonicRegret

Finis Omnium
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just grab the latest nightly from https://mgba.io/nightlies.html, and place the .3dsx and .sdmh in a folder within your /3ds folder on your sd card. Make sure the 2 files and folder have the same name, or it won't show up in the hbl. Here are the nightlies from 9/21(today) I've already edited it so you can just drag and drop to your /3ds (don't forget to extract it!)

Attachments

• mgba.zip
    826 KB · Views: 127

Owen109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I install mgba? I'm new to homebrew :(
Download the nightly version and extract zip file... once that is done open the file and rename mgba.3dsx to boot.3dsx... once that is done cop the folder with the folder with the boot.3dsx file and the smh file into your folder on your SD card called 3DS... once that is done you can open homebrew and start mgba :D

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ooooooooooooooooooooookay now we're getting somewhere. Gotta test this with Harmony of Dissonance.

EDIT: Did a run to the first save point from the very start, i got between 17 (at its worst) and 26 (at its best) on OG 3DS

I really hope this takes off, i love how everything is going. Also, screenshot feature, fucking love screenshots.

Maybe i'll try with a few favorites of mine, i know what i'm going to get but... i'm still curious.

Last edited by Osakasan,

NCorp.

OP
Trophies
Website
ncorpsshack.blogspot.in
XP
Country
India
Ooooooooooooooooooooookay now we're getting somewhere. Gotta test this with Harmony of Dissonance.

EDIT: Did a run to the first save point from the very start, i got between 17 (at its worst) and 26 (at its best) on OG 3DS

I really hope this takes off, i love how everything is going. Also, screenshot feature, fucking love screenshots.

Maybe i'll try with a few favorites of mine, i know what i'm going to get but... i'm still curious.
Just put 2-3 frameskip on config menu and you will get 25+ FPS
I get 30 FPS on swordcraft story by this method making it very playable.

Owen109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I just takon a screenshot... how do i view them XD

Reactions: Baoulettes

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
You guys are so kind I'm really grateful :)
People like you mate are good in my books being nice and being grateful :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just takon a screenshot... how do i view them XD
Go access your memory card on the computer you will see it on there

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the nightly version and extract zip file... once that is done open the file and rename mgba.3dsx to boot.3dsx... once that is done cop the folder with the folder with the boot.3dsx file and the smh file into your folder on your SD card called 3DS... once that is done you can open homebrew and start mgba :D
Seem like you made a worse mistake. It kept crash everytime load youtube app after firmware selection list. Any idea how you can help me to fix this? It kept crash on my 3ds.

Owen109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People like you mate are good in my books being nice and being grateful :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Go access your memory card on the computer you will see it on there
Seem like you made a worse mistake. It kept crash everytime load youtube app after firmware selection list. Any idea how you can help me to fix this? It kept crash on my 3ds.
hmmm i don't know... i have never came across a problem with homebrew on 3DS before...

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In your 3ds folder make a folder and name it mgba, in there you put the .3dsx and .smdh both named the same as the folder. In this case mgba and put a gba_bios.bin on your microsd card (i have it on my root) this should fix mgba. As for your launcher crashing there might be a change you confused the boot.3dsx files (mgba and the launcher), download a new boot.3dsx from either http://t.co/CcwCrAnGIj or http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ (its in the starter kit). And place it in your root this should fix your problem if not, you could backup your microsd, wipe it place back only the nintendo 3ds, dcim, music, video folders and start over with homebrew (a bit extreme but should work). Also remember to use the latest installer if you use ironhax.

Last edited by Greymane,

Zephiroph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tubehax crashes there all the time...I'd say it loads the exploit 5 out of ten attempts.

I found it a pain to use and now use OoT, loads 9 out of ten attempts....much better.

Plus you don't need an internet connection.

Try totally restarting your 3DS...or changing DNS back to Nintendo's and back again.

Haslus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I need some help.
I downloaded the latest build and extract it, it says error, and this happens:
W3NDJFI.png

Anyways, I put it in the SD Card, but it doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk