Hacking 3DS link is not 100% hardware gateway clone.

Arnold0

OP
Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
Hi,

You know that the 3DS link have a Launcher.dat on the 3dslink.com website? I downloaded it, removed gateway one from the SD card of my 3DS and added the 3DS link one and... My gateway is not working with this file. The 3DS reboot fine (Grey, black then home screen like with gateway file) but it say nothing inserted inside the cartdrigde slot. That meen the 3DS link hardware is not 100% the same as gateway.

I hope that 3DS link won't work with gateway files, that would meed no 2.0 for clones when it will be out :).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[software doesn't work] That meen the 3DS link hardware is not 100% the same as gateway.

The hardware could be 100% the same, the software however could simple use a different decryption key or otherwise be obfuscated. This goes double in the cases of flash carts which these days tend to use CPLD or FPGA type chips (highly programmable chips that can work at transistor/gate level).

Arnold0

OP
Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
At least they changed something in the cart (It may be the same chip but not used the same ?)
I may be wrong about hardware but if gateway won't work with 3DS link files then the other side will probably be the same. I just hope no hackers will reverse enginer the 2.0, clones shouldn't have life easier.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had a look out of interest. It seems the first part is exactly the same but missing "Gateway Launcher build date" etc. After that there's a part that's mostly the same but with a few parts changed, and then it's pretty much completely different. Changed encryption would be my guess but I know next to nothing about these things. I wonder why they use 1.0 and not 1.2 or at least 1.1 though, considering those have been out for some time now.

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It really matters little just who's copying whom. At the end of the day the better cart wins, whether it was the original one of a clone. However, thus far no clone has come close to Gateway in terms of firmware and support.

higher87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the thing is, if all clones are doing is copying gateway and they are incapable of doing what the gateway team is doing otherwise, then if people stop buying gateway and just buy the clones cuz they are cheaper while having the same features, the gateway team would just stop and we'd be stuck with no support.

mario mario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There are also updates for 3dslink in its official site. The blue card of 3dslink exceed gateway's for its real time save function. so maybe we can also expect the update support from 3dslink team:lol:

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Launcher.dat file for the 3dslink is not exactly the same as GWs one. Its slightly larger and appears to have different encryption.

That would partially explain why it doesn't work with GW.
3DSLink 1.0, 3DSLink 2.0, GW 1.0, GW 1.1 and GW 1.2 have the same encryption (although I only tried 3DS Link 1.0 with GW 1.0 and 3DS Link 2.0 with GW 1.2).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again