[3DS] Is it possibile to dump NAND with only Homebrew Launcher on 11.0?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ederenzi78, Aug 1, 2016.

1. ederenzi78
    OP

ederenzi78 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2012
    Italy
    Hello,
    I can't find an answer in the various threads. I don't want to modify NAND in any way, I just want to dump it. Is it possible?
    Thanks

2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Not without kernel access. It's needed to access NAND in any way.

3. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    On the floor of the Engineering building
    If you know anyone with an Arm9loaderhax 3ds, you are able to inject a modified save into a DSIware title and put it on your 3ds to dump the nand but aside from that, no you cannot.

4. ederenzi78
    OP

ederenzi78 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2012
    Italy
    Thanks to both.
    I'd like to install A9LH on my N3DSXL on which I have a NNID with a good number of legit games. But I don't want to redownload everything and saving/restoring all the saves with JKSM (it's a lenghty process, as you have to start the game in order for it to create the save data and only then you can overwrite it). Moreover, I don't think you can save NAND data (activity log, for example) for the same reason you can't dump the NAND.
    I have an O3DS already A9LHed with no NNID, but unluckily you can't system transfer from N3DS to O3DS (this way I could transfer the data from my N3DSXL to O3DS, dump the NAND, format it, buying Fieldrunners, etc - with a bit of transfers back and forth I could restore my N3DSXL to it's original state, but alas!)

Thanks anyway

5. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    You could get a hardmod for your n3DS and downgrade that way.

6. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Correct you would need to hardmod, make a dump of nand. Call it emunand_original.bin, install arm9, flash, etc.