Status
Not open for further replies.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now we're kind of going offtopic, but actually every Nintendo system NES to N64 had region-locks, but this was determined by NTSC/PAL. So a PAL game (which would be European or Australian) wouldn't work in an NTSC (Japanese or American) system.
Then why did you quote me, I said that all nintendo home console systems had region lockout.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Region_locking
That's it I leave this shit here, cause I'm tired of typing to others who won't bother to read.

thegamer408

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now we're kind of going offtopic, but actually every Nintendo system NES to N64 had region-locks, but this was determined by NTSC/PAL. So a PAL game (which would be European or Australian) wouldn't work in an NTSC (Japanese or American) system.

This was an electrical lockout (well, not in the case of the NES... the game would just run faster or slower depending on the region due to a different clock speed. They would also only play if you disabled the 10NES lockout).

Now, Nintendo also made two regions within NTSC. Asia and the Americas. These locks were physical. I.e. either the pin configuration was different (NES/Famicom) or there were plastic nubs preventing other region games from playing (SNES/N64). In the case of the SNES or N64 one could simply cut out the nubs or file them down to make out-of-region games fit in the cartridge slot and play. All those so called "adapters" really do is carry the pins directly without re-arranging them or anything because it's not necessary.

In the case of the NES/Famicom you would need an adapter to re-arrange the pins to play said game. You would also have to disable the 10NES lockout chip in the case of Famicom games on the NES because the 10NES would keep resetting the system as the famicom cartridges lack the second 10NES chip.

If you have no idea what a "10NES" is go here.

ONTOPIC: Region lockout < my cat. I want to play my Japanese copy of Tobidase: Doubutsu no Mori on my American 3DS XL as opposed to my small and tiny Japanese Cobalt Blue 3DS :( So I hope this hack gets rid of it!

(If you couldn't tell, my "ontopic" portion of this post is pretty much just rehashing 50 pages of this thread... the other 19 being useful posts...)
The toploader(NES 2) plays PAL, NTSC, and Famicom(provided you own an adapter) games.

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why did you quote me, I said that all nintendo home console systems had region lockout.
That's it I leave this shit here, cause I'm tired of typing to others who won't bother to read.

Your point? Region locking wasn't to get back at those who had their wii hacked because the wii itself was region locked before it was even hacked. Even the GCN was region locked.
EDIT: In fact, all home consoles except the NA snes were region locked.

Uhh no? You said the SNES was not* region locked and ONLY the SNES. I was saying that all Nintendo home-consoles were region locked to an extent >_>

*oops, typed too fast and put "only the SNES was". Disregard that >_>

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uhh no? You said the SNES was region locked and ONLY the SNES. I was saying that all Nintendo home-consoles were region locked >_>
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I am fricking tired of repeating again:
I QUOTE MY OWN STATEMENT!

Your point? Region locking wasn't to get back at those who had their wii hacked because the wii itself was region locked before it was even hacked. Even the GCN was region locked.
EDIT: In fact, all home consoles were region locked. However the SNES american one could be bypassed with an adapter.
THAT'S what's I've said one page earlier. Therefore you have nothing to say and I am tired of repeating to anyone who won't bother to read posts earlier to recall what the subject we are talkin has been about.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the hack does get release, how does it usually go down (how do hacks normal go to the public). Will noimod or one of the team come over to gabtemp and post a thread on how to do it or will he just let it go on IRC or something?

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I am fricking tired of repeating again:
I QUOTE MY OWN STATEMENT!

EDIT: In fact, all home consoles were region locked. However the SNES american one could be bypassed with an adapter.
THAT'S what's I've said one page earlier. Therefore you have nothing to say and I am tired of repeating to anyone who won't bother to read posts earlier to recall what the subject we are talkin has been about.
I have no idea why you're flipping out. Please chill.
You misunderstood me as I did a typo, please re-read my previous post.
Uhh no? You said the SNES was not* region locked and ONLY the SNES. I was saying that all Nintendo home-consoles were region locked to an extent >_>

Now can we just get along? >_> I was never trying to be rude to anyone, I was just elaborating on Nintendo's region locking scheme... because you know, quoting isn't supposed to be a bad thing.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
When the hack does get release, how does it usually go down (how do hacks normal go to the public). Will noimod or one of the team come over to gabtemp and post a thread on how to do it or will he just let it go on IRC or something?
It will probably be a blog-style post on hackmii since yellows8 is involved.

Or,
Maybe if Neimod handles the release, a new forum will be created. Shakily justified by this little hint:
3dbrew said:
Forum?

A forum will be created when it becomes necessary, for e.g. actual discussion about homebrew development. Currently homebrew is not possible, so a forum is not needed yet. --Neimod 01:05, 29 February 2012 (CET)

Reactions: Chaossaturn

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Snes was region locked, yes, but that could be bypassed by removing a couple of plastic tabs in the cartridge slot.

Reactions: gamefan5
D

Deleted User

HEH HEH HEH, I've had some info on what games the hack will work on all day. I'll add it to my thread in a bit. Does name specific games though. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo