Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem is how do we make CFW? ...wait i have an idea set up a special DNS server decrypt the ofw insert data for a cfw then download it off your DNS server similar to DLing from nintendo's
please place your hacking theory's in the 3ds hacking theory's thread or what ever the the new name is. yes I am being a wannabe mod.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
problem is how do we make CFW? ...wait i have an idea set up a special DNS server decrypt the ofw insert data for a cfw then download it off your DNS server similar to DLing from nintendo's

Didnt Super Mario Land 3D have an on-cartridge update? If so it may be updatable without connecting to the internet

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
To bypass a forced update on games it will be easy just some hex editing skills... the only problem i see is that ninty has the ability to brick our 3ds this may be not the problem for a percentage of people but those who will see update and press yes without a second thought....(based that we will have a fpga based flashcart i am almost sure)

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The day Nintendo negotiates with gamers on disabling region locking is the day hell freezes over; it ain't gonna happen, especially under the pretense that using region locking "helps control" sales in a specified region, which we all know to be bulls**t. Region locking is to get back at those who hacked their Wii console, that's why Nintendo did it.
No because the wii itself was region locked before it was hacked. I recall the gcn being region locked too.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DS and older handhelds werent, though.
Your point? Region locking wasn't to get back at those who had their wii hacked because the wii itself was region locked before it was even hacked. Even the GCN was region locked.
EDIT: In fact, all home consoles except the NA snes were region locked.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Your point? Region locking wasn't to get back at those who had their wii hacked because the wii itself was region locked before it was even hacked. Even the GCN was region locked.

You have a point.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am thinking of picking up a 3dsxl in spite of the news. I am pretty confident we will get the hack soon also I doubt the price for the 3dsxl bundle with mario cart 7 is gonna get lower than $200 anytime soon either.

What do you guys think?

I bought that same bundle for $150. Go for it, man. Sweet deal.

RukaRoaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Funny, because I sure cant play my EU Terranigma on my US Snes without using some weird region lock bypass adapter. The imported games I have for my Snes won't work without it. And yes, it is a North American SNES.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Funny, because I sure cant play my EU Terranigma on my US Snes without using some weird region lock bypass adapter. The imported games I have for my Snes won't work without it. And yes, it is a North American SNES.
Yes, that's what i meant by except the NA snes, you can use a bypass region lock adapter, but I don't recall the other region Snes to work with it.
(Should have presiced more what I meant but too lazy XD)

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The day Nintendo negotiates with gamers on disabling region locking is the day hell freezes over; it ain't gonna happen, especially under the pretense that using region locking "helps control" sales in a specified region, which we all know to be bulls**t. Region locking is to get back at those who hacked their Wii console, that's why Nintendo did it.

It may be true, but I don't see any harm in trying. A handheld is completely different case from a home console, it doesn't have different tv systems to deal like a home console. Even if it doesn't work in making the 3DS region free, maybe it could make Nintendo perceive people don't like it and who knows in the future consoles change. I'm just saying people ask the impossible to hackers who do it for free, but can't pressure Nintendo which makes lots of money with video games to do something they could easily do.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the reverted the announcement. wow.. now what do we do? Do we think positive or negative? are they just buying more time or they didnt do it?

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the reverted the announcement. wow.. now what do we do? Do we think positive or negative? are they just buying more time or they didnt do it?

they removed it because some idiot posted it in the news section when they didnt want it to be posted there.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To bypass a forced update on games it will be easy just some hex editing skills... the only problem i see is that ninty has the ability to brick our 3ds this may be not the problem for a percentage of people but those who will see update and press yes without a second thought....(based that we will have a fpga based flashcart i am almost sure)

they might but wont i think it's illegal for a company to brick a consumers game system hense why Sony NEVER Bricked PS3's on cfw

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's what i meant by except the NA snes, you can use a bypass region lock adapter, but I don't recall the other region Snes to work with it.
(Should have presiced more what I meant but too lazy XD)

Now we're kind of going offtopic, but actually every Nintendo system NES to N64 had region-locks, but this was determined by NTSC/PAL. So a PAL game (which would be European or Australian) wouldn't work in an NTSC (Japanese or American) system.

This was an electrical lockout (well, not in the case of the NES... the game would just run faster or slower depending on the region due to a different clock speed. They would also only play if you disabled the 10NES lockout).

Now, Nintendo also made two regions within NTSC. Asia and the Americas. These locks were physical. I.e. either the pin configuration was different (NES/Famicom) or there were plastic nubs preventing other region games from playing (SNES/N64). In the case of the SNES or N64 one could simply cut out the nubs or file them down to make out-of-region games fit in the cartridge slot and play. All those so called "adapters" really do is carry the pins directly without re-arranging them or anything because it's not necessary.

In the case of the NES/Famicom you would need an adapter to re-arrange the pins to play said game. You would also have to disable the 10NES lockout chip in the case of Famicom games on the NES because the 10NES would keep resetting the system as the famicom cartridges lack the second 10NES chip.

If you have no idea what a "10NES" is go here.

ONTOPIC: Region lockout < my cat. I want to play my Japanese copy of Tobidase: Doubutsu no Mori on my American 3DS XL as opposed to my small and tiny Japanese Cobalt Blue 3DS :( So I hope this hack gets rid of it!

(If you couldn't tell, my "ontopic" portion of this post is pretty much just rehashing 50 pages of this thread... the other 19 being useful posts...)

Reactions: RukaRoaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...