Not open for further replies.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
So, Josephvb10 is the culprit huh? What a pillock. Why'd the wanker change it?

It's you guys blowing this up. A random 3DSBrew user added the kernel hack as a news item, neimod didn't like it for some reason so he reverted it. Calm down already, no need to get upset over something so trivial.

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Region locking turned me into a pirate. I needed to hack my Wii to play my copy of Tatsunoko vs Capcom that I imported from Japan. Since my system was already hacked I thought what the hell I might as well learn how to download ISOs. I never looked back after that day.

Reactions: BAHIM Z 360

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region locking turned me into a pirate. I needed to hack my Wii to play my copy of Tatsunoko vs Capcom that I imported from Japan. Since my system was already hacked I thought what the hell I might as well learn how to download ISOs. I never looked back after that day.

Hacking a console to circumvent region locking isn't piracy since you bought the game legally. Companies don't like it though.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a cheap bastard. There's no external influences that led me to accidentally become a pirate. I just didn't feel like shelling out money for wii/ds games. If anything, the emulation scene is what got me into it.

On a more related note, if it was true, why would neimod delete it off 3dsbrew? I can understand if he didn't want people knowing/publicity, but by telling anyone in the first place, he gave up those rights.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I'm a cheap bastard. There's no external influences that led me to accidentally become a pirate. I just didn't feel like shelling out money for wii/ds games. If anything, the emulation scene is what got me into it.

On a more related note, if it was true, why would neimod delete it off 3dsbrew? I can understand if he didn't want people knowing/publicity, but by telling anyone in the first place, he gave up those rights.
I don't think he wants every little informal advancement to spam up the news page. If you look at the body of news releases they are mostly ofw and homebrew tools releases. Joseph's post seemed out-of-place and hyperbolic to him, not to mention it was taken straight from his mouth on irc and immediately placed on 3dbrew -- he doesn't want that to be a trend. He takes pride in 3dbrew.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think someone should make a thread "Why I want the 3ds hacked" that way the updates, when any, will be easy to read. Also living in the US I apparently never realized how much region locking screwed you guys over. I know I got dogged with some VHS tapes back in the day, I just figured in tod

NeoGohan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm impressed your parents knew about flash carts. I thought only nerds know about them.

Only "nerds" know about custom firmware and all that stuff.
but flash carts are really well known.. there are lot of moms that just buy them as the "100 games in one" cart or something..

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think someone should make a thread "Why I want the 3ds hacked" that way the updates, when any, will be easy to read. Also living in the US I apparently never realized how much region locking screwed you guys over. I know I got dogged with some VHS tapes back in the day, I just figured in tod
It's pretty much a hit or miss in the PAL regions. Region locking is also a pain in some other consoles with online content being tied to region (PSVita and maybe the PS3 too). In other words, importing will give you only a certain amount of options, but most likely you'll end up with a game with incompatible DLC (PSVita has this with only 1 acc per console, but the PS3 can possibly have a workaround).

As I've said before, I'd like to see the region lock removed, but at this point in the development of the hack, I'd prefer to wait. As there is no suggestion that the hack can work with all games flawlessly and the homebrew options are very limited (displaying pictures is nice and all, but as most people already know, that is possible with OFW), why release it for it to be patched? Still haven't seen any great reason to keep the 3DS online capabilities intact, but this isn't a reason for me to let that feature go away. Yet.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh look, a self appointed hero protecting spammers.
BRAVO
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Spam
noun
( lowercase ) disruptive messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computernetwork or sent as e-mail.

People are just discussing the topic, there's nothing disruptive here (except for this conversation). Let them discuss it and let the mods decide what's can and can't be discussed. You've been a member for only 4 months and you talk like you own the place. If you want to run things, apply to be a mod or GTFO and start your own forum.

Reactions: TerryG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright