Not open for further replies.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it really be possible to push the 3DS far enough to emulate and then 3Dify the game?
i dont know honestly but if 60$ set top box can do it for hd ,and the old sd 2d to 3d converter boxes that were out since mid 90's could do it i dont see why not ,cant need that much processing power if it was being done by cheap set top converter boxes since mid 90's

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
i saw it too, so if it wasnt someone useing his name (if this even works) then yes
I think that chat log was legit (Sifjar vouches), the question is why neimod would delete the news that he obtained kernel access. Its a possibility he didn't consider it important enough to be news or he has news of his own to update with instead. Or possibly his optimism was tempered be a new discovery (like AP, or some other access limitation). We can only speculate.

D

Deleted User

naughty.jpg

27865351.jpg

Reactions: BAHIM Z 360

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neimod just erased this update by another user (from the "News" category):

*'''29 December 12''' [[User:Neimod|Neimod]] has gained full kernel control from an unmodified 3DS.
Source : http://www.3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=News&curid=17&diff=4660&oldid=4651

I wonder why he did that. Hope it wasn't because the news was untrue.

I've been idling in there the past week. Their conversations have suggested that they are, indeed, running custom code on their 3DS's.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Correct me if I'm wrong, but releasing the hack would not hinder their progress in any way since they can always opt to keep their hardware at the firmware revision that is exploitable. The reasons why they would opt to not release their exploit would probably be to test the stability and safety of said exploit, and also to maybe find a way to limit what can be done with the exploit. They already have kernel access at this firmware revision, so they can learn a lot about how the system operates regardless of patches. Everyone sit tight, and you'll probably see the exploit in the next coming months.
But why should they have to put up with outdated software and lack of shop access etc. when releasing the exploit wouldn't do the general public any good anyway? This way they can continue to get the latest features and shop access etc., while still investigating so that when the time comes for a release, it'll actually be useful to a "regular" user.

Plus by keeping the exploit until a later version of the software, anyone wanting to use the exploit will also be able to update to later versions and get any official benefits e.g. new features

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neimod just erased this update by another user (from the "News" category):

*'''29 December 12''' [[User:Neimod|Neimod]] has gained full kernel control from an unmodified 3DS.
Source : http://www.3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=News&curid=17&diff=4660&oldid=4651

I wonder why he did that. Hope it wasn't because the news was untrue.

If you read the changelog a little further, you will see it was a member of this forum that took it upon himself to register then change the 3DS brew homepage, not Neimod. That whole news post was just a defacing by Josephvb10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.