3DS GPU announced- DMP's Pica200 GPU

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Vidboy10, i think i messed it up when i reformatted the article to say it wasn't a rumor anymore, lol!
wink.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Zarcon said:
Wonder why none of the demos seemed to use anti-aliasing if this thing can supposedly do it.
Some of them do, at least the Kingdom Hearts 3DS demo and the Resident Evil seem to. Unless the screens were tampered with-

997779_20100615_screen002.jpg

997778_20100615_screen005.jpg

Anti-aliasing on a DS!

DO WANT!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@_Chaz_

Yeah, and everyone was accusing the developers of shopping those pics and didn't really look as smooth. The new GPU specs prove that they are real (actually, people at E3 already told everyone they were real as they saw the real system, but now we have technical proof of it).

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the OOT remake was actually one of the worst looking games they announced for the system. I mean no offense to the game itself, and it does look a lot better than the original by a far amount, but it just doesn't do it for me when you see what the 3DS is capable of. Even Kid Icarus might not be taking full advantage of the 3DS and looks miles better than it. I really think it's very unfinished at this time. It might be the reason they didn't show the screens of it off initially and it was shown only behind closed doors. Who knows? Too early to tell.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll be glad for some nice texture filtering.
Textures on the DS look so crappy.
frown.gif

For people stating it's got 360/PS3 graphics, remember that the 360 and PS3 are also doing these kinds of graphics in HD, not in some less-than-VGA resolution (as the 3DS is doing), so this doesn't mean it's nearly as powerful as a 360/PS3.

JPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overlord adrian not everything looks better I'm a bit worried about the placement of the start, select, and extremely worried about the power button

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JPhantom said:
overlord adrian not everything looks better I'm a bit worried about the placement of the start, select, and extremely worried about the power button
Considering the start, select, and home buttoms weren't even working on the models at E3. I'd say there's a fair chance they could change before it goes to retail.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
JPhantom said:
Considering the start, select, and home buttoms weren't even working on the models at E3. I'd say there's a fair chance they could change before it goes to retail.
Considering the DSL/i power switch was born of complaints about the DSphat power button, I'm sure they'll make it a side switch in the final design.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Zarcon said:
No more will I have to complain about JAGGIES EVERYWHERE...hopefully.
Pretty much this. Oh Nintendo, hopefully you don't do anything wrong now, everything you have showed us so far only looks better and better
wub.gif

well zelda: oot 3ds has some serious jaggies, if this thing can do 2xAA i seriously hope they turn it on before they release the game, it will look so much better

also doesn't the psp have a spec of 33million polygons, i know that it probably has to use a lot of that potential on lighting, scaling, texturing, filters etc

but i wonder how this works with 3ds 15.3million will it actually do anything near that like the gamecube, or will it be like the ps2 and psp where the theoretical 66million polygons is no-where near that ingame?

i know the gamecube is reported at 20million but can actually do way more than the ps2 ingame, with better lighting, textures and Quincunx anti aliasing!

So all I'm saying is theres a lot more to these specs than just mhz and polygon count and such its how they got those results, different companies can use different methods to skew the result

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zarcon said:
]Considering the DSL/i power switch was born of complaints about the DSphat power button, I'm sure they'll make it a side switch in the final design.
The DSi has a power button doesn't it?

I thought people were complaining about the position of the power button on the 3DS, rather than it was a button instead of a slider.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whats so bad about the placement of the power button?
Its in the same spot as the start and select buttons on the DSi, and I've never accidentally pushed those.

Also, Whats wrong with the start, select, and home buttons?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
person66 said:
whats so bad about the placement of the power button?
Its in the same spot as the start and select buttons on the DSi, and I've never accidentally pushed those.

Also, Whats wrong with the start, select, and home buttons?

I don't see the issue with the power button either.

I think the start/ select/ home are meant to be touch sensitive buttons. If so, I'd prefer physical buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV