:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I didn't see any 15.3 million polygons tho
smile.gif

as for what've been shown so far, I'm guessing it a chunk of bull about it (if it now is the DMP Pica200) handling loads of polygons
smile.gif

Then again, maybe it's texture handling, normal mapping, bump mapping, shading etc takes loads of processing and therefore the polycount has to shink a hefty amount.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More spec details from Nintendo Everything-

pica200_3ds.png

QUOTE said:
“The PICA200 scales with up to four pipelines and processes from up to four programmable vertex units. The 3D core, using their proprietary graphics technology named MAESTRO-2G, the second generation of the Maestro design, implements custom graphics algorithms as hardware for enabling a set of shading features that include per-vertex sub-surface scattering, bidirectional reflectance distribution function, cook-torrance, polygon subdivision, and soft shadowing. Their image post-processing module, the PICA-FBM frame buffer management, can polish the image with anti-aliasing and a set of other 2D functions and can actually be licensed independently as a core for 2D-only devices. In either case, the PICA-FBM can be extended with a PICA-VG vector graphics module.”

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/43189/

As far as i'm concerned, this isn't a rumor anymore.
tongue.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
That demo video on the Engadget article looks to be 600x450, and judging by its clarity and crispness I don't think it's been resized. 600x450 (270,000 pixels) is still more pixels to push than 800x240 (192,000 pixels)... heck, it's even slightly more than the total number of pixels on both 3DS screens combined (192,000 + 76,800).
Exactly, it doesn't mean that demo was being run on the same GPU which is in the 3DS. That could have been recorded anytime between 2006 and now. It's Youtube!

This Mastreo 2 is going to be on other platforms too http://www.khronos.org/news/press/releases...t-for-mips-arc/

You can't read to much into from that demo, judge it more on the demos from E3. What the demo does say is that this DMP is a serious company.

They mention stationary Autostereoscopic in the press release, maybe they've designed this processor with 3D in mind which may be one of the reasons Nintendo have gone with them.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
TM2-Megatron said:
That demo video on the Engadget article looks to be 600x450, and judging by its clarity and crispness I don't think it's been resized. 600x450 (270,000 pixels) is still more pixels to push than 800x240 (192,000 pixels)... heck, it's even slightly more than the total number of pixels on both 3DS screens combined (192,000 + 76,800).
Exactly, it doesn't mean that demo was being run on the same GPU which is in the 3DS. That could have been recorded anytime between 2006 and now. It's Youtube!

No, but my point was it's still rendering more pixels right there than the 3DS has on both screens combined... and it looks pretty darn good while doing it (for a handheld, anyway), to boot.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leetcakes said:
so the psp only has twice its polygons per second?
yaypsp.gif

up to 33 M polygon per second (T&L)
Except that this GPU is not including the CPU and memory which are yet to be revealed. The DS managed to push polygons in the hundreds of thousands range WITHOUT a dedicated GPU.

I somewhat doubt anyone has pushed the PSP to its limits if this is true, because the demos they showed off for 3DS blow anything seen on PSP out of the water...

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can the PSP really do 33M polygons per seconds in real-world performance, though? Those might be what the specs say, but has any game ever actually done it?

The embedded GPU core in the PSP's processor is clocked at 111MHz by default, while this Pico200 thing has a stock setting of 200MHz. Surely there's more to it than just polygons.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not just about how many polygons they can push around per second. Nintendo has a different style of graphics, Sony and Microsoft seem to rely on textures more while Nintendo seems to go with shading more. Nintendo's style in games can look pretty good.

Everyone loves shading

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the 3DS GPU has more than enough other features to compensate for any alleged downsides here. I don't recall most of these listed features being present in the PSP. And again, a lot can change about the system since we don't even know the CPU or memory. All i can go by here is my eyes, and many of the 3DS demos shown off look FAR superior to anything the PSP has done.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rikuumi

Would it have killed you to look at the logo below the screens? >_> Those shots are all taken from the demos specifically made for the 3DS at E3. They are being rendered in real time using the systems' own hardware and are not videos. Again, they are 3DS demos. I saw demos because they are not intended as final games, but they are intended for showing off what the 3DS can do graphically.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
squirrelman10 said:
this seriously looks like wii graphics or even better, cannot wait to have this system
If it can do AA then it already is better than a Wii basically, haha.
No more will I have to complain about JAGGIES EVERYWHERE...hopefully.

rikuumi

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
@rikuumi

Would it have killed you to look at the logo below the screens? >_> Those shots are all taken from the demos specifically made for the 3DS at E3. They are being rendered in real time using the systems' own hardware and are not videos. Again, they are 3DS demos. I saw demos because they are not intended as final games, but they are intended for showing off what the 3DS can do graphically.
ARE YOU SERIOSU?? I thought that was just some random trolling pictures and someone just added 3DS logo to it! FUCKING AWESOME!! That's like.. Almsot xbox 360, ps3 graphics

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
well it's still up to decide if God Of War: Ghost of Sparta (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-god-of-war/700396) looks better than Kid Icarus when the 3DS is released. I'm hyped for buying a 3DS only for that game so far
smile.gif

rikuumi

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
@rikuumi

Well you can rest assured that they are not fake then... Those screens all came from the official E3 Nintendo site and are distributed all over the gaming internet now. Just go check the site and navigate around for all the games and their pics- http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/
Thank you so much! But now I'm gonna wet my pants and I can't sleep and I'm gonna cry because I need to wait so long till I can touch my 3DS..
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs