3DS got Bricked, and then...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tommzy09, Dec 26, 2014.

1. tommzy09
    OP

tommzy09 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2014
    well, I got a message saying "Discounted XMAS games on e-Shop" so I decided to go into the e-Shop.

As the e-Shop was loading, I decided to put my SuperCard DSTWO inside my 3DS.

Then I got an Error telling me to turn off my 3DS. When I turned it back on, the 3DS displayed some sort of blue screen, this is what it looked like [​IMG] (nabbed pic from google)

So I thought, crap, I just bricked my 3DS, there goes $200.

- I turned it off and back on again. Still a blue screen.

- Turned it back on after 10 minutes, still, a blue screen.

- After another 2 minutes, turned it on, and bam, booted up and I started playing Mario Kart 7.

Just a heads up to anyone out there, I warn, do not go into e-Shop with a Flash Card of any sort inserted in the 3DS. This was a minor scare, not sure how the 3DS un-bricked itself, but it did, anywho.

I also advise if you're planning on using a Flash Card, disable your wifi/internet connection on the 3DS and then go about your business.

Also, I would like to know, if this has happened to anyone else out there?

Margen67 likes this.
  2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    the blue screen of death is generic hardware error screen, granted is more commonly associated with the brick code bricks, but it can be cause by various hardware errors too

3. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2012
    Netherlands
  4. rip-it-up

rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    manchester
    Ive had the blue screen from applying to much heat to the nand, you might receive it again if your nand flash is on it way out.

5. tommzy09
    OP

tommzy09 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2014
    all i remember was that it was 00000008 00000000 in the bottom line.

6. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    I go on the e-shop all the time with my gateway FYI.

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    DSTWO owner for some months, always got it plugged on, never had a problem....
    your problem should be hardware, the dstwo is a coicidence. i will even go boot the console right now and go into eshop with the card on it

edit: opened eshop 5 times and put DSTWO in the console at diferent times, no issue.

now i will go back playing scribblenauts, good luck

8. Mr_Pichu

Mr_Pichu かわいいね!

Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    Hardware just doesn't live forever like it used to. :(

9. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    I had the bootrom screen of death error happen on my DSi about a month ago. Nothing you can do about it really :(

10. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    I would suggest that you shouldn't put ANY cart in while going to the eshop or loading other software. It is quite possible that you just happened to put the cart in at just the right time to cause a problem.