Hardware 3DS going to also have 3D camera?

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
500x_sharp-3d-three.jpg

info via here.

"While Sharp's press release on the subject mentioned simply "digital cameras, mobile phones, and smartphones," we must remember that Nintendo's 3DS is rumored to be using Sharp's glasses-less parallax barrier technology in its displays. With the latest crop of DSis having dual cameras it's not entirely unfathomable that these 3D camera modules could be first seen in a certain portable gaming console—due for release sometime before April 2011."

the message above is quoted in the link above.

from what i currently know about 3DS
lecture.gif
screen size same as DSi or DSi XL or bigger (more colors & higher resolution)
its gonna have styli feedback.
3D (also possibly 3D camera). (meaning 4 cameras?)
accelerometer (motion).
will use sharps screen.
will be playable at E3 2010.
3DS playable at e3
the pokemon company has a devkit (meaning there already planning a pokemon game for 3DS & a dev kid is made)
Pokemon Company has 3DS dev kits
its the DS3 (3rd gen DS.)
im gonna buy it
tongue.gif

3G (nintendo talked about using 3G before, & recently i hear there, thinking about charging for online, just add those 2 up)
Nintendo 3G
using nvidia tegra 2 chip.
nvidia tegra2 wins contract with nintendo ds

nvidia tegra 2 CPU info = 1.0 GHz (the Wii CPU is 729 MHz which is 1.1 GHz)
it swill support up to 12 megapixel camera, 1080p output, HD,
& a lot of more info here Nvidia tegra 2

games could look more Wii like instead of gamecube, but since it has DS & they made this new tech recently that puts higher res textures nintendos new texture compression tech. they could look more like PS3 or 360 or better maybe.

Last edited by T3GZdev,

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
most of those are unknown yet.

The only real and confirmed things over there is
3D
3D camera
Turning off 3D
and a few more stuff I might've missed

edit:spelling

oh and I'm saying these are the only confirmed things,all the rest are speculations

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
most of those are unknown yet.

The only real and confirmed things over there is
3D
3D camera
Turning of 3D
and a few more stuff I might've missed
yea i know i forgot some things, i accentually submitted before finished, im editing now.
grog.gif
rofl2.gif

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A few of those speculations sounds like a $300+ plus handheld

Which I doubt will sell to great.

Although 1080p output would be crazy, but Nintendo has never been graphic intense so I don't see that a reality.

tommzy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey terry, its me tommy,
tongue.gif

i never knew u were regged in these forums
tongue.gif

anyways, umm i dont think the cameras will take 3D pictures. but if it could that would be awesome.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
tommzy2 said:
anyways, umm i dont think the cameras will take 3D pictures. but if it could that would be awesome.Hmm I don't know about that - many years ago I vaguely remember there was a Still camera that had '2-lenses' on the front for '3d images'

EDIT: Hang on ... just found this article on Wikipedia
Fuji_w1_front_01.jpg
QUOTEThe Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 (or Fuji W1) is a digital camera capable of capturing three-dimensional images. It has two lenses, and an autostereoscopic display which directs pixels of the image towards the user's left and right eyes separately.
So it's a possibility

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why would it need a 3D camera? It would add to much cost to the device, just look at the low quality cameras on the DSi. Even on Natal they've had to make hardware processing cutbacks to get the price down.

Before people get carried away with the specs, remember that 3D requires twice the amount of processing power as 2D, as it needs to generate a frame for each eye. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=244266 So don't go expecting the earth from the 3DS.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
tk_saturn said:
Why would it need a 3D camera? It would add to much cost to the device.

Before people get carried away with the specs, remember that 3D requires twice the amount of processing power as 2D, as it needs to generate a frame for each eye. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=244266 So don't go expecting the earth from the 3DS.
There is alot of speculation, but, until the actual product gets released, we will never know. One thing they could do is use an actual dual core CPU like the modern day Intels, and use it to process two different pictures at the same time separately and end up taking less time to output.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Westside said:
There is alot of speculation, but, until the actual product gets released, we will never know. One thing they could do is use an actual dual core CPU like the modern day Intels, and use it to process two different pictures at the same time separately and end up taking less time to output.
The Tegra 2 has a dual core CPU, but a single core GPU. It's the GPU which is responsible for the graphics, not the CPU.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
t377y000 said:
Hiz_95 said:
t377y000 said:
nvidia tegra 2 CPU info = 1.0 GHz (the wii CPU is 729 MHz which is 1.1 GHz)

?

what i was sayign is the wii's Broadway processor speed is 1.0 GHz but its underclocked for some reason & runs at 729 MHz. technically i think the wii can be overclocked with ease. on the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.