Hacking 3DS GBA games on r4

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean rxtools is dead? I don't want to lose all my stuff which are now on rxtools. What does it means?

You won't lose anything if you switch to Luma3DS. Just switch. RxTools hasn't been relevant in a while, so using it is only going to cause issues.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm so how do I switch then?

Go to the Luma3DS thread. Pretty sure there's a reasonably detailed explanation of how to use it.

Basically, you'll end up deleting all of the rxTools files on your SD card, and adding some files for Luma3DS.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm not too sure about it... I dont want end up bricking my device or deleting something. Rx works really nice for me. I don't understand what is it meant with ''rxtools is dead''.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I'm not too sure about it... I dont want end up bricking my device or deleting something. Rx works really nice for me. I don't understand what is it meant with ''rxtools is dead''.
god, this is typical. just install it the only thing that could by human error brick your 3ds is a bad install of a9lh(again human error, just by being blind) , so just install luma3ds it's superior

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RxTools hasn't received updates in a while. It is deprecated software. No one supports it anymore.

More on point, you won't brick your 3DS by deleting RxTools files. Nothing was permanently installed to your 3DS by RxTools.

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rxtool is outdated at this Point, switch to luma3ds and you don regret it for sure ;)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you use luma3ds through menuhax you can't brick your 3ds as all files are on the sd card so it really is a case of delete the rxTools files and replace with the luma files and like I said as everything is on the sd card you can't brick

Reactions: emuashui

The9thBit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When a GBA title is launched from anywhere, the system completely closes the actual 3DS firmware, sends the system into GBA mode, and then loads the game from your sysNAND titles into RAM. So, if you launch it from emuNAND without having it on sysNAND, you're basically just sending it into GBA mode without giving it anything to launch, which is where the error comes from.
Installing it on sysNAND should fix the problem. If it doesn't, there's a few probable reasons:

It's a fluke. Launch it from sysNAND first and see if that works. Then try emuNAND.

There's something wrong with the ROM used to make the cia file.

The cia has a bad footer (basically rom metadata; it could be reporting wrong save type, rom size, etc). This usually just prevents saving from working properly, but it's possible.

Your CFW doesn't support GBA cias.

AGB_FIRM is missing/corrupt/not patched (note that not all CFWs require you to patch it).

The cia wasn't installed properly (unlikely).

Hope this helps.

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
booting into hbl, u r free to choose whatever to run, be it rxtools or luma3ds. No need to delete older cfws.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok then, I will install luma. Can anyone explain me which files are safe to delete and since I have already CFW what should I install of Luma. I guess I don't have to install whole process, right?

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ok then, I will install luma. Can anyone explain me which files are safe to delete and since I have already CFW what should I install of Luma. I guess I don't have to install whole process, right?

No need to delete older cfws or files. Please read readme of luma.

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to find it, but I couldn't. Can you please provide me a link?
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

You have to copy like the wiki show you, the green and pink files/folder. Next, just boot your 3ds, you should be on ctrbootmanager right ? (The menu that appears to let you choose what to boot) Go in the settings and choose to boot the Luma3DS.dat, I dont remember if you can add it to your menu directly from there or not. If not, just open the boot.cfg in the root of your sd card and add a block for luma:

{
title = "Luma3DS";
path = "/Luma3DS.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
},

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It doesn't work for me. After booting ctr I'm going to settings and file explorer, found luma3ds.dat, press A and console just freezes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, nvm. Your path fixed it. Now, since I have installed (i guess i did) Luma3ds, can someone explain me what advantages did i got if compared with RxTools? Also are my nands still unlinked? And do i need to do something more?

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't work for me. After booting ctr I'm going to settings and file explorer, found luma3ds.dat, press A and console just freezes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, nvm. Your path fixed it. Now, since I have installed (i guess i did) Luma3ds, can someone explain me what advantages did i got if compared with RxTools? Also are my nands still unlinked? And do i need to do something more?

You dont have to do anything else, as long as you have your gba game in both sysnand and emunand, you can launch them (NB: when you exit gba game, you are forced back to sysnand).
Your nand are unliked, changing cfw wont re-link them ;)

Advantages ? Up-to-date cfw, TWL/AGB firm patched on the fly (nothing to install, gba game and ds linker works), region/language emulation for game and DLC that need to be from other region (like Jap DLC, etc...)
Cons ? As far as I know: None

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thanks, yesterday I've tried to install gba game on my sysnand but I failed. In FBI i have pressed R button, or L. I don't remember which exactly allows to install it on sysnand. After installing it, i have booted sysnand but game didn't show up. How do i do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.