Hacking 3DS Gateway Question (I've checked the stickies!)

tripman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I am purchasing a second hand 3DS and will be looking to play my backups. My son has a 3DS on fw 4.5 running a Gateway card with a 10.0 emunand.

What is the highest firmware version should I look for on a second hand 3DS which will allow me to use a Gateway? Is it still 4.5 or will the Gateway work up to 9.2? I read the stickies but I couldn't work it out.

TIA

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I am purchasing a second hand 3DS and will be looking to play my backups. My son has a 3DS on fw 4.5 running a Gateway card with a 10.0 emunand.

What is the highest firmware version should I look for on a second hand 3DS which will allow me to use a Gateway? Is it still 4.5 or will the Gateway work up to 9.2? I read the stickies but I couldn't work it out.

TIA
You can downgrade on 10.7 or less but 9.2 is ideal. If you get a higher firmware one you can use your son's to do a DSiWare downgrade.
Install a9lh using this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki. You can set it up to use Gateway afterwards using this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/
Don't use anything from the Gateway website (unless the second guide tells you to) because their tools are really bad and liable to brick your console.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
You can use your Gateway up to 9.2, especially from 9.0 to 9.2 is the best option.
(install Menuhax->coldboot to Gateway emuNand). Also you can update your emuNand to 11.2 with the newest Gateway launcher

Or you can install a9lh to be safe-proof and also could use your gateway (like me: a9lh 3DS, 9.0 sysNand and 11.2 emuNand).
But for your needs option 1 is more then enough (:
But prefer option 2 (a9lh) for all 3DS.

Edit: ninja'd xD Like zhe post above me said, go alongside with the guide

Last edited by nedron92,

tripman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry about the delay replying to you. Thank you for your advice guys!

I have purchased a second hand 3DS. It has firmware 9.8 on it so I will investigate further the best way of prepping it to play my backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.