Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well I'm gonna wait until a few days after Bravely Defaults release date, after this I'll just be totally AMD certified...

I am really hoping that Bravely Default was built with the 4.x SDK as it is an update an earlier released Japanese version that will run on Gateway. That is my most anticipated game of the year after Zelda so getting to run it if the v2.0 update isn't out would be a real plus.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question regarding the unnecessary thread that somebody started about mario and luigi dream team. Las time i ran the EUR release in my american console. When i put in the gateway with the game, the console recognizes the game and there is a sound, but nothing shows up in the tittle "channel" in the upper screen.

Why does that happen? corrupt rom/micro SD/gateway?
im running FW 1.2 like everybody except for some lucky beta testers

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have a question regarding the unnecessary thread that somebody started about mario and luigi dream team. Las time i ran the EUR release in my american console. When i put in the gateway with the game, the console recognizes the game and there is a sound, but nothing shows up in the tittle "channel" in the upper screen.

Why does that happen? corrupt rom/micro SD/gateway?
im running FW 1.2 like everybody except for some lucky beta testers

There are some incompatibilities regarding channel icons and animation tittles, because some of them vary by region and while most games have one icon for all regions, some of them have their icons restricted. I don't know if that's the case of this game, but someone else could confirm this.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It's a known bug that when using both region and firmware spoofing, the banner may or may not show. It shows just fine for me with an EU 3ds and US region SMT4. Haven't tried Mario and Luigi 4 yet. If it bothers you, use the ROM of the other region.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will. i had to use the EUR rom bc the american one wasn't available. it became public just some days ago. Somebody at Venom hates the game so ABSTAKT had to dump it

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
May I bump my own question? Sorry!

I disabled spotpass updates in system settings.

Can I walk around the city getting streetpass or does Nintendo distribute firmware updates through Nintendo Zone or something?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
May I bump my own question? Sorry!

I disabled spotpass updates in system settings.

Can I walk around the city getting streetpass or does Nintendo distribute firmware updates through Nintendo Zone or something?

Yes, Nintendo Zone will transfer the update file to your console. If you know where are those zones located, turn off your wireless while you walk by there.

I have had the update prompt since the 5.0 firmware update appeared and it's not that of a problem as some people are making it appear to be.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, Nintendo Zone will transfer the update file to your console. If you know where are those zones located, turn off your wireless while you walk by there.

I have had the update prompt since the 5.0 firmware update appeared and it's not that of a problem as some people are making it appear to be.

Ah I see. Thanks.

Doesnt it prompt every time you put it in sleep mode and open? Thats way to annoying for me!

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Here's my question,
1st, is there any limitation of what type of microSD will Gateway 3DS support..? As multirom loader incoming, I am planning to get either a 32GB microSDHC or 64GB microSDHX during Black Friday...:) Also, anyone tested these with Gateway 3DS..?
2Nd question, will there be any option in future to update(e.g. 1.0-4.5)/downgrade(e.g. 6.3-4.5) any firmware I want via Gateway 3DS..?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here's my question,
1st, is there any limitation of what type of microSD will Gateway 3DS support..? As multirom loader incoming, I am planning to get either a 32GB microSDHC or 64GB microSDHX during Black Friday...:) Also, anyone tested these with Gateway 3DS..?
2Nd question, will there be any option in future to update(e.g. 1.0-4.5)/downgrade(e.g. 6.3-4.5) any firmware I want via Gateway 3DS..?

1. I don't know where I read that Gateway is limited to 32GB, but it's very probable that their hardware doesn't support more than 32GB in a MicroSD. GW will still work if you decide to use a 64GB MicroSD, but it you have, for example, 28GB conformed by 7 ROMs, and the eighth is an 8GB ROM, this 8th ROM will be ignored by the system since it surpasses the 32GB limit.

2. What are you asking exactly? You can update via internet to the latest firmware version available. For specific firmwares, you use a game that has bounded the firmware you are looking for; otherwise, it may be possible to use a ROM with GW 1.0 version. Now that I think about this, I don't know if they will get rid of the firmware spoof feature in GW 2.0, I doubt it.

About downgrading, you can't. This is only possible using NAND backups.

Reactions: IMRAN_PETER

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
1. I don't know where I read that Gateway is limited to 32GB, but it's very probable that their hardware doesn't support more than 32GB in a MicroSD. GW will still work if you decide to use a 64GB MicroSD, but it you have, for example, 28GB conformed by 7 ROMs, and the eighth is an 8GB ROM, this 8th ROM will be ignored by the system since it surpasses the 32GB limit.

2. What are you asking exactly? You can update via internet to the latest firmware version available. For specific firmwares, you use a game that has bounded the firmware you are looking for; otherwise, it may be possible to use a ROM with GW 1.0 version. Now that I think about this, I don't know if they will get rid of the firmware spoof feature in GW 2.0, I doubt it.

About downgrading, you can't. This is only possible using NAND backups.
okay buddy I got it clearly, now. Checked black Friday deals for sandisc ultra, 32GB will be around 17.99$ & 64GB will be 34.99$. Not much effective difference though, so will go for 32GB one if my credit gets short.

2nd, what I mean is something like Sony PS3 cfw. I can downgrade & upgrade to any cfw I want. I mean, if gateway exploit doesn't work in greater than 4.5 we can downgrade to 4.5 via gateway and exploit the 3DS.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, that's quite contradictory, isn't it? :lol:
Yes it is :) but i have an idea:

You need 2 3ds one with 4.5 and the other with 6.xx ,first you backup the nand then you use emunand on the 4.5 console and you transfer all to the 6.xx console and finally with hardware modifications you downgrade the 6.xx to 4.5

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

You need 2 3ds one with 4.5 and the other with 6.xx ,first you backup the nand then you use emunand on the 4.5 console and you transfer all to the 6.xx console and finally with hardware modifications you downgrade the 6.xx to 4.5

I believe the system ID that allows this is related to the hardware, therefore you can't just transfer this ID to use a backup of another console. What is transferred in this process are the keys to boot downloaded eShop games, etc; but this doesn't mean that the receptor system becomes a clone of the transmitter.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there are still a lot of great thing that remain unknown (for us) about NAND backup exchange.
if that is not possible, then everybody keeps their own backup for themselves.
if nand backups can be exchanged, you will see nand backups full of games floating around soon after the first nand backup creator appears

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I t
I am really hoping that Bravely Default was built with the 4.x SDK as it is an update an earlier released Japanese version that will run on Gateway. That is my most anticipated game of the year after Zelda so getting to run it if the v2.0 update isn't out would be a real plus.
I thought I read the Japanese ver of bravely has English audio+subs. Is the jap relapse out yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2