3DS extra slide-pad + Monster Hunter 3G confirmed!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT?

Look how massive and awkwardly placed that thing is. How are you going to fit THAT in your pocket? Are developers supposed to develop their games for this peripheral and without it, or are they going to develop for just this one? What is this I don't even.

Just... seriously Nintendo, what are you thinking?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didnt feel like reading through all these pages. but jsut wanted to say.
How long do you think it will be before someone takes on of these apart and mount the slide pad to the front of the 3ds and drill some holes on the top for the L2,r2 buttons.

The psp failed because it didnt have the second stick, but some people grouped together and made it happen. As where sony just played dumb and did nothing. The down side to that was that games wherent able to support the 2nd stick so the best the homebrew world could do was copy the buttons X, O, [], ^, and port them to the 2nd stick.

So here is to hopping this is released soon and people take it apart and make it better. I know If its cheap enough ill buy 2 just to tear one apart and see if i can make it smaller or to my liking.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
WHAT?

Look how massive and awkwardly placed that thing is. How are you going to fit THAT in your pocket? Are developers supposed to develop their games for this peripheral and without it, or are they going to develop for just this one? What is this I don't even.

Just... seriously Nintendo, what are you thinking?
Fixing problems the best easiest, most frugal, least troubling [to make and sell] way possible
yaynds.gif

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugly and akward looking.
dry.gif

EDIT: Alot of people are suggesting this could possibly only be for Monster Hunter... Sounds like it could be true.

But doing this after the big price drop, Nintendo would just be shooting themselves in the foot.
closedeyes.gif

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually kinda happy everyone's making an uproar (yap, almost every single gaming forum), maybe that way Nintendo will see that [most] of the fans don't want this ugly huge add-on.
If it's only for MH, then I'm totally fine with it btw, but if the next revision will have 2 slider pads, then this might be the last time I get a Nintendo handheld before a revision comes out. The price drop was already bad enough.

D

Deleted_171835

What the hell is this?

I can't believe this rumour turned out to be true. Nintendo's design team should have been able to tell that having only one stick would pose a problem. Are they that incompetent that they didn't realize that during development? And now they're probably going to announce a redesign.

THANK YOU NINTENDO
rg6Qk.jpg

Oh and, now I have to stretch my thumb just to reach the A/B/X/Y buttons. Thanks again, Nintendo.

As for Monster Hunter 3G, I'm pretty excited for it. Haven't played MH3 on the Wii.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
guys, not for the first time in history, monster hunter wants to be special and needs its own control-system.

just wait and see, and for once, dont be all omg wtf this can never be good sobsobsob

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:
iFish said:
So let me get this straight.

Nintendo is taking an already big, bulky and ugly(to an extent) handeld. Making it bigger, bulkier and a bit more ugly... Whoa, nice plan.
Before
9-5-07-official_ipod_touch.jpg

After
ipad-2-vpn.jpg

tpi.gif
But the iPhone and iPad are both really good looking devices.
tongue.gif

nikochanr3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes playing MH much easier. I'll get it. People bitch and whine too much. It's so old. When did the video game playing universe turn from fanboys into bitching old women?

Note: i could care less, but i think the article is talking about this being specifically FOR MH3, not for every single game coming forever. ALthough this might give some of you less to whine about.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
But the iPhone and iPad are both really good looking devices.
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
Oh, you was serious?
rofl2.gif
(partly jk)
QUOTE(GameWinner @ Sep 7 2011, 04:36 PM) THANKS NINTENDO! I always wanted to shell out MORE money trying to play my favorite games!
You didn't have to get it. You didn't have to use it. You didn't need it.

This could be Capcom doing.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
GameWinner said:
THANKS NINTENDO! I always wanted to shell out MORE money trying to play my favorite games!
What? Do you get the 3DS games for FREE? No.

Once you buy a console/handheld, you'll keep on using more and more money
wink.gif

I'm betting this isn't an accessory directly from Nintendo themselves, they'd never make something this huge and ugly just to add another pad. -.- If only I was good at PhotoShop, I'd show everyone here what my thought of an acceptable C-Pad Peripheral is...

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shit... games better use t if ppl are going to buy it,3DS should have had dual sliding pads from the start.look at how many ppl were complaining that the psp should've had another analog,
i know u can use the touch screen to simulate the analog but thats a pain in the a$$ especially on first person shooters,one hand to hold the system and the other on the touch screen and holding the system while shooting with your pinky kinda sucks.the extra sliding pad is cool but looks ugly, if a revision is getting made im trading mine in. i already spent money on the battery pak so it wont work with it and if its an extended battery pack you can be sure its more than $10 also if it connects to system that means the system has to power it so that means your 3DS battery life will get worse. So revision it is! Im sure that's why nintendo lowered the price so that they can sell the revision at $249.99 in march watch and remember i told you so...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This accessory is apparently a 'prototype' tested by Capcom at their studio (you can see it in the image). It is NOT a representation of any final product. So really everyone I suggest waiting till TGS. it's not a direct first party product. (seriously, I'm shocked when I compare THAT to the present given cradle as well)
wink.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
This accessory is apparently a 'prototype' tested by Capcom at their studio (you can see it in the image). It is NOT a representation of any final product. So really everyone I suggest waiting till TGS. it's not a direct first party product. (seriously, I'm shocked when I compare THAT to the present given cradle as well)
wink.gif

Hopefully that's true. Considering the official announcement of MH on the 3DS was only recently means it is months away from an actual release. That is plenty of time for a design change of the peripheral.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been said, but I don't feel like reading 27 pages... has anybody thought this might be just an attachment made just for MH (like the Guitar grip or the paddle controller) ? That would seem to make more sense to me.

If that not the case, it wouldn't seem to be something to worry too much about, as addons are usually woefully under supported. WM+ is cool, but you can count on one hand the games that actually use it well, and only 5 games require it. Besides being required for Zelda MM, DK64 (which it was bundled with) and PD, the N64 expansion pack was more of a novelty then anything else. In a few games it made a nice difference (like rogue squadron) but in most games it wasn't too noticeable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.