3DS extra slide-pad + Monster Hunter 3G confirmed!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Josephvb10 said:
Well it's confirmed that Monster Hunter Tri-G will need the addon
Uh no, source? It's confirmed it makes use of it, but there's no proof the game will require it to play. Most likely the game will have two control scheme options depending on whether you have the accessory or not.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may actually make porting PS Vita games to the 3ds faster. Since you won't have to chance the control much.

I'm betting however the original version of this device won't leave japan. Nintendo will ended up releasing a revision 3ds first and leave 3rd parties to make their own versions of the add-on. IMO the touchscreen should only be used for inventory, items, equipment ect and maps. I found many ds games frustrating with the touch screen mandatory used for actual control beyond maps/items for games. Nintendo is finally learning basic non-gimmicky controls are best. If they do the basic control route for the wii u, the 3ds may not be my last Nintendo system after all.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That thing looks too bulky to be just an additional circle pad. I'm assuming that this also boosts battery life.
Regardless, I'm waiting for the inevitable 3DS rehash coming soon.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ManFranceGermany said:
01net was right again??? gosh.....

btt:
I think Nintendo will make this optional for some games, still, enough is enough, Im getting a Vita and might sell my 3DS. At least there I know whats in the box and it will get supported for a long period.
Then you will be making the same mistake over again.
You should't rush into buying these things.
Who knows the Vita could have big issues.
So wait it out.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Enough off-topic guys.

Ok, Nintendo, just get out the 3DS Lite or something and be quick with it. I can't see the 3DS suffer like that anymore.

Lite??!! WTF no. The 3DS is too little, I want and XL version

QUOTE(chartube12 @ Sep 7 2011, 08:40 AM) This may actually make porting PS Vita games to the 3ds faster. Since you won't have to chance the control much.

I'm betting however the original version of this device won't leave japan. Nintendo will ended up releasing a revision 3ds first and leave 3rd parties to make their own versions of the add-on. IMO the touchscreen should only be used for inventory, items, equipment ect and maps. I found many ds games frustrating with the touch screen mandatory used for actual control beyond maps/items for games. Nintendo is finally learning basic non-gimmicky controls are best. If they do the basic control route for the wii u, the 3ds may not be my last Nintendo system after all.

^^^^^^^^THIS!

silversonic1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can see, the add-on uses the 3DS' ir port to connect to the system, thus why it covers so much of the back. It also means the add-on will have its own battery. I must say, though, that the design's lacking for something made by Nintendo. It looks like something out of the 90's. However, I think it'll be ok. I think my 3DS is kind of thin, to be honest.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
silversonic1 said:
From what I can see, the add-on uses the 3DS' ir port to connect to the system, thus why it covers so much of the back. It also means the add-on will have its own battery. I must say, though, that the design's lacking for something made by Nintendo. It looks like something out of the 90's. However, I think it'll be ok. I think my 3DS is kind of thin, to be honest.
Tbh I feel that the DSi XL is more comfy on the hand than the 3DS.

The add on will be perfectly fine. I'll wait for more info to come first. Likely it will come with it's own battery.

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just...wtf. Is this for real? This makes my 3DS look like a giant piece of plastic when I take it out of my pocke- ...bag.
Now whenever you take out your 3DS to check out your streetpass meetings or to play your games, people will see that GIANT piece of plastic.

Unless you're just going to play this indoors, then it wouldn't matter at all. Then again, I don't see how it's going to be called "portable" anymore. It can't possibly fit in a pocket, unless your pocket is really huge.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Kiaku said:
This is just...wtf. Is this for real? This makes my 3DS look like a giant piece of plastic when I take it out of my pocke- ...bag.
Now whenever you take out your 3DS to check out your streetpass meetings or to play your games, people will see that GIANT piece of plastic.

Unless you're just going to play this indoors, then it wouldn't matter at all. Then again, I don't see how it's going to be called "portable" anymore. It can't possibly fit in a pocket, unless your pocket is really huge.
I will never put ANY of my portable gaming machines in my pocket, that'll scratch em hard.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah.. I will wait for 3DS lite or a brand new 3DS with second joystick.. Wise decision to save money for the next one.
smile.gif

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
chris888222 said:
Kiaku said:

I will never put ANY of my portable gaming machines in my pocket, that'll scratch em hard.

Yeah, but you see, other people do. Especially children. This isn't really portable anymore unless they redesign the 3DS with the second slide pad on it already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn I think I cant