Homebrew 3ds extdata dump and restore tool (extra data editing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hss2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I took a look and the current version does not allow creating new directories.

So I decided to give it that option =)

I updated the sourcecode to work with the latest devkitProUpdater-1.6.0 as well as added a new menu option that creates a folder of your choosing, using config.txt and a new "CREATE" keyword.

Examples:
Code:
CREATE "xxxxxxxx:/mycustomdirectory/"
CREATE "0000034f:/costume/"
CREATE "0000038a:/costume/

Now I don't need to hardmod my 3DS for this simple feature x)

Sourcecode included in zip

Attachments

• extdata_dump_sept_2016.zip
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,042
Last edited by hss2,
Reactions: MrCheeze

hss2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, how do i edit the config file so i can set it to extract only the .mii files (or whatever it is really...)
You mean filter by only .mii files? I don't think you can do that, you need to be specific in the config file about what you want as I don't think you can use wildcards, but you should also be able to just dump everything without the e config to get what you need.

can this work on emunand?
I'm not sure how emunand works, if you can run 3dsx files through homebrew this should be fine. I've attached a precompiled version below.

Attachments

• extdata_dump_sept_2016_precompiled.zip
    392.4 KB · Views: 637

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean filter by only .mii files? I don't think you can do that, you need to be specific in the config file about what you want as I don't think you can use wildcards, but you should also be able to just dump everything without the e config to get what you need.

I'm not sure how emunand works, if you can run 3dsx files through homebrew this should be fine. I've attached a precompiled version below.
I tried to dump and restore a couple of files and it ended up with emunand temporarily refusing to boot after restoring them.

Blurro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"Restore extdata specified in config" doesnt work. I dont know whats wrong with it, ive tried restoring edited files and non edited, both dont work.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there a way to dump extdata for a specific title? I want to dump Pokemon Moon extdata, which sadly uses the titleid of Pokemon Sun (making JKSM unable to access it). The full extdata dump does get it, sure, but it also dumps a LOT of other things and takes ages.
I tried to specify following configs:
Code:
DUMP "00001648:/" "moon_extdata"
DUMP "00001648:/btvideo" "moon_extdata"
But both fail with copying error.
When I did
Code:
DUMP "00001648:/btvideo/000" "moon_extdata/000"
THEN it succeeded, but it's only one file, I'd rather avoid specifying ALL the files, especially since I don't know how the game handles naming. If I have 3 videos (000,001,002) and delete the middle one, will that leave me with 000 and 002? And what will a new created after that be, 001 or 003? Best would be to just dump it all.

Ishtiaq1234

What exactly should i write here?
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to dump extdata for a specific title? I want to dump Pokemon Moon extdata, which sadly uses the titleid of Pokemon Sun (making JKSM unable to access it). The full extdata dump does get it, sure, but it also dumps a LOT of other things and takes ages.
I tried to specify following configs:
Code:
DUMP "00001648:/" "moon_extdata"
DUMP "00001648:/btvideo" "moon_extdata"
But both fail with copying error.
When I did
Code:
DUMP "00001648:/btvideo/000" "moon_extdata/000"
THEN it succeeded, but it's only one file, I'd rather avoid specifying ALL the files, especially since I don't know how the game handles naming. If I have 3 videos (000,001,002) and delete the middle one, will that leave me with 000 and 002? And what will a new created after that be, 001 or 003? Best would be to just dump it all.
about "moon_extdata" is that bit necessary??
asking cuz im trying to do battle video changes on moon and like u i cant use jksm
try to pm me on how to do it already have save dumped and edited the vid just cant seem to get it on my save :(

Last edited by Ishtiaq1234,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
about "moon_extdata" is that bit necessary??
asking cuz im trying to do battle video changes on moon and like u i cant use jksm
try to pm me on how to do it already have save dumped and edited the vid just cant seem to get it on my save :(
https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/commit/3e144340b7038d17f36c8372779107460b9dd89d
This is a newer version of JKSM that has a fix to make Pokemon Moon work, it has both CIA and 3DSX version, click View next to the file and then Download.

Reactions: Ishtiaq1234

J-Lin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mii ID needs to be that, or below it to become special. It also needs to be copy locked and unsharable, which can be set in Mii Maker itself if you don't feel like looking into how that's stored.

You can see an example in [user]themperror[/user]'s picture:

hvphsm.png

My Mii's ID is "09 F6 2D 12 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" (Backwards in the file because it's little endian). If you were to replace where your Mii's ID is with mine, you'd get a special Mii. I would change the first four digits to something random so that there aren't any mixups of some type in-game, but keep it below 1FFFFFFF so he's still special.
What do you mean? and also can someone give me new download for this

Memestang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does this work? I can't figure it out how to use this. Do I move this to my 3DS SD card or use it on my PC?

ytt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Allows you to decrypt, edit, and then recrypt 3ds extra data. For use with Ninjhax.

Precompiled download:

When run, you'll be presented with three options:

• Dump all extdata to sd card
  • Dump extdata specified in config
  • Restore extdata specified in config

I recommend just dumping all extdata to begin with, and browsing the dumps to see what you can find. There's a fair bit of documentation that might help you navigate the dumps over on the 3dhomb wiki

If you want to restore an edited file (or just want to dump a single file instead of all of them), you'll have to edit config.txt. I've included a few examples in there that should make the format clear.

Finally, a technical note: the 3ds actually has three different types of extra data. Shared extdata is stored on the 3DS itself, and it usually relevant to multiple games (e.g. the Play Coin counter). "User" and "boss" extdata are both stored on the SD card, encrypted, and are associated with a specific game. Generally, Spotpass data goes into boss and everything else goes into user. This tool can access user and shared extdata, but boss extdata is likely impossible. This means it is not, for example, possible to dump or edit the Nintendo Video videos.

-------

edit from the future: hss2 has a modification that allows creating new directories, if your use case happens to require that.
It’s about the fact that my 3DS was formatted, but I was able to recover most of the data in the SD card, (the SD card that came with the 3DS). Once I putted the data that I recovered from the 3DS SD card onto a new SD card that has 32 GB,I putted it back in the formatted 3DS but nothing came so I don’t know what to do .The data didn’t come back as if nothing happened, so I’m asking what can I do or there’s just no way I can restore my 3ds back to its previous state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo