Homebrew 3ds extdata dump and restore tool (extra data editing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crane Game

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a thread about this and with some help, was able to find this! My question is this: I had to get my 3DS sent off for repair and whenever it was sent back, the main board was replaced. The problem I'm running into is I will need to redownload all the games I have and will lose their save data in the process. By using the app, can I backup and restore the save data I already have in the extdata folder of my SD card on my 3DS since it will be read as a "new" system?

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't fully understand you, but actual savedata backups are done by SVDT, not this.

The Crane Game

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, bit of a noob. Basically, I have save files for a bunch of games on the extdata folder on my SD card. Because I was unable to dump it on the original system it was on, can I use this program to dump the contents of that folder, decrypt it, and then reencrypt it for use on the new system?

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No for two reasons. Only the original 3DS can decrypt the SD files, and extdata is not save data.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This doesn't backup Activity Log data, does it?

No, there are indeed interesting files under f00000b and f000000c but they're not the important ones.

We need to dump saves for the PTM driver, which just like for Mii Plaza game progress is currently only possible by manually decrypting NAND...

Reactions: MrCheeze

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be in principle possible for a homebrew to extract the Mii Plaza progress, or is there some reason why it could not? (Or would it be possible with a homebrew, but only under a CFW with full permissions, not from userland?)

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SVDT gives full access to savedata.

Trying to use svdt on Streetpass Mii Plaza gives me an error with result code d8e007f7 reading the directory.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/would-it-be-possible-to-inject-mii-plaza-tickets.396821/ claims that it is impossible for svdt to read NAND-based saves.

I would assume that it would be possible for a tool running under CFW with full permissions (not just Ninjhax permissions) to read them, but there might not be such a tool yet.

Last edited by Jiro2,

Lord_Kater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hm...can I theoretically extract the 3DS applied theme and insert it to another system which runs the exdata tool?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would assume that it would be possible for a tool running under CFW with full permissions (not just Ninjhax permissions) to read them, but there might not be such a tool yet.

Correct, JK's save manager is the tool that probably needs the least effort to do this.
Well, you can backup mii plaza "invitation" miis (same as mii maker, CFL_DB), DLC puzzles (SD extdata), streetpasses and game progress (NAND save, by manually decrypting CTRNAND but you get a compressed save, so that's strictly backup and not editing without extra work)

Hm...can I theoretically extract the 3DS applied theme and insert it to another system which runs the exdata tool?

Yes, but it's probably easier to use the original custom theme homebrew - "homemenu extdata tool" for this :)

Reactions: Februarysn0w

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yes you can do that with this tool. but i recommend you to use homemenu dump tool by yellow8. google yellow8's github and download it.

FairyLu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi Guys.
I want restore my Fantasy Life save file but i don't unterstand what I have to do. Can somebody help me please? I have the 2DS Firmware 9.2 (EU)

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi Guys.
I want restore my Fantasy Life save file but i don't unterstand what I have to do. Can somebody help me please? I have the 2DS Firmware 9.2 (EU)
I'm not sure the game save on the extdata or not. but if so you have to edit config.txt to restore it.

FairyLu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tell me the game id.

The dump folder called "extdata \ 00000000 \ 00001131" and in the folder are 6 files. There are 3 save slots named like this: fl_ext0.fsd, fl_ext1.fsd and fl_ext0.fsd
And there are 3 backup saves named like this: _fl_ext0.fsd, _fl_ext1.fsd and _fl_ext0.fsd

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The dump folder called "extdata \ 00000000 \ 00001131" and in the folder are 6 files. There are 3 save slots named like this: fl_ext0.fsd, fl_ext1.fsd and fl_ext0.fsd
And there are 3 backup saves named like this: _fl_ext0.fsd, _fl_ext1.fsd and _fl_ext0.fsd
edit like this for each save files.

RESTORE "save_file _name" "00001131:/save_file_name"

anyway you have to put the these saves on the root of extdata dump folder first.

Last edited by Februarysn0w,

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
is it possible to get a cia version of this program? I am on N3DS running a9hl, i dont think I can run homebrew menu. I am trying to migrate my Mii Plaza, Activity log and Friend List from the O3DS to N3DS, both are on 10.6 emunand.

Last edited by Chrushev,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s