Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
3DS Debug Unit Pictured
Unit for in-progress games shown.
3dsdebugunit_332011.jpg

The debug unit for the Nintendo 3DS has been shown. It does not appear to have any markings on it, and extends quite a bit outside of the standard game cart slot. How it works is up to speculation as no details were given.

icon11.gif
Source

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, okay, I'll say it. It looks like a VMU.

Anyways as I don't see any space for external media, I'm assuming the cart is programmed with a device that hooks up to normal game carts (of course this one's media undoubtedly works differently so that it can actually be re-written by whatever device it hooks into).

1timeuser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The size of the cartridge is nothing new, NDS dev carts are about the same size

zoi5jc.jpg

Rydian said:
FAST6191 said:
Hope one of those gets into the hands of a hacker or two- dev units are always fun to play with.
Given the reports that dev stuff costs less we might actually see some in the wild.

give it a couple months after US/UE launch and like all other dev HW you`ll be able to buy some without being a dev

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe It's a link card for pokemon b&w. Since the 3ds lacks a second game card slot, this thing adds one. Possibly originally planned for trading over your pokemon from g4/5 games to the future g6 games. I'm talking about the device pat. they filed last year. But I would see that as simi useless. A pokemom farm or stadium 3dsware would be better for pokemon carry overs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k