ROM Hack 3DS .CWAV Dumper

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
I think the whole dump has to fit into your memory.

Yes, this. The file itself is loaded into a temporary buffer array while it is scanned. In essence, you have to have enough memory to hold the entire file in the ram for a few minutes, or as long as the scan can proceed. Once it's done, it unloads the buffer and uses a streamreader to access the file via offsets.

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, this. The file itself is loaded into a temporary buffer array while it is scanned. In essence, you have to have enough memory to hold the entire file in the ram for a few minutes, or as long as the scan can proceed. Once it's done, it unloads the buffer and uses a streamreader to access the file via offsets.

You could use a filestream aswell. That way it is not fully in memory.

MrCobblestone23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could someone make some more dumps from mk7? That would help me a lot with my cgfx viewer.
I got piranha plant pipeway already, and I would like to have shyguy bazar and daisy hills.
Would you be so kind to upload that specific track somewhere? It would be really nice if you could do that . :)

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll probably be able to browse the file tree at that point. And buffer sizes can be used when scanning large blocks of data anyway.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
page files!

I know this wouldn't be an ideal fix, but it'd make the program function as needed, or just throw a disclaimer that openly states you need at least as much ram as the size of the rom that's being loaded...i know 1gb was stated here, but vast majority of people should have at least 4gb by now....

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
page files!

I know this wouldn't be an ideal fix, but it'd make the program function as needed, or just throw a disclaimer that openly states you need at least as much ram as the size of the rom that's being loaded...i know 1gb was stated here, but vast majority of people should have at least 4gb by now....

Yeah even shitty laptops bought at wal-mart have at least 4gb of ram.

Reactions: dubbz82

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Team Fail, into RAM dumps there are other informations: for example pattern lock code (1234 :nayps3:) or nickname. It´s possible you to extract this data from a ram dump ?

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So I have some really good news, guys. I might have access to a 3DS with firmware 1.1 installed on it, however I am $50 short. I'm currently attempting to collect funds (Selling stuff), but if I get anywhere on this, I'll be sure to let you all know so I can start working on researching other audio formats.

Edit: I have gotten the funds from selling things, I'm trying to get back in contact with the seller so I can get the 3DS. I plan to have it by next week, and I plan to be dumping and researching audio by the end of next week.

Reactions: Celice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/